+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Subtle vs Healing Invocation

Soulwalker

Default Subtle vs Healing Invocation

I could not find my answer in the guide section so I'll ask it: When would you ever use Healing invocation over Subtle? Since you have 4 procs (WoL, MbtL, LoR, and GoL) that occur each time you cast a heal, wouldn't you logically always cast the faster cast heal? I guess you would use Healing with Nyol's Hope but if you are using cooldowns then you wouldn't want to risk slower heals in case of the tank getting KO'd (or you could just use Crucial Invocation). Do any of the procs scale by cast time?

Soulwalker

Default Hps

The base healing per second for Subtle is less than Healing Invocation so you would use Healing when you need more. As I recall though, on my high level cleric the HPS is almost the same because of scaling from stat increases. So in my case I don't have a reason to prefer Healing over Subtle. Crucial Invocation is a lot more HPS but the mana cost is extremely high so you need to save it for heavy damage situations.

I use subtle in my spot healing macro. Spot healing I want done very very quickly so I have less down time on tank healing, and if healing breath is on CD, then its a very effective on people with lower HP pools.

This is from a pve perspective.

In PVP I sometimes use subtle as primary healing if I know I'm getting hit a lot because I'd rather get a small heal off than none at all by risking a longer cast.

Also you can use it to refresh certain abilities quicker if that is your goal as well.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 08-21-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

healing will give slightly higher hps but subtle is more constant. when i tested it in the past the difference was somewhere around 10%. the only time sent is really useful is for experts so if you overgear the content at all that 10% is just going to be more overhealing. better to have a shorter time between the heals
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Quote Originally Posted by krabcat View Post
    healing will give slightly higher hps but subtle is more constant. when i tested it in the past the difference was somewhere around 10%. the only time sent is really useful is for experts so if you overgear the content at all that 10% is just going to be more overhealing. better to have a shorter time between the heals
    You're forgetting the only thing sent has that makes it my favorite dungeon healer (provided they CAN actually keep the tank alive)
    Wrathful Exuberance More heals = more dmg. Never gets old seeing the healer do more dmg than the DPS.

Plane Touched

Don't use any invocations. Re-roll phys.

+ Reply to Thread