+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Player wondering about Druidicar

Soulwalker

Default New Player wondering about Druidicar

So I've been reading up on Druidicars, but all of the threads happen to be from around 2012. I did read that they weren't as strong as they used to be.

Are they still a viable spec? I'm also unsure of what the third soul would be (I've read about Sentinel, Shaman and Inquisitor, but I'm not sure if those still apply anymore). Also, do they (or at least, can they) have a place in raids or groups?

Thanks to everyone who can help me figure this out!
    Last edited by mj295; 08-06-2014 at 06:58 AM.

Hey there and welcome to Rift! As it stands right now the Druid Soul is mainly a soloing soul due to the healing pet and its reliability. You can also use it fairly well in dungeons but it does not have a real place in a raiding environment.Best of luck to you!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by LyonsLight View Post
    Hey there and welcome to Rift! As it stands right now the Druid Soul is mainly a soloing soul due to the healing pet and its reliability. You can also use it fairly well in dungeons but it does not have a real place in a raiding environment.Best of luck to you!
    Thanks! Hmm, would you happen to know of a soul combination with Druid that could at least make it more useful in raids? I really like the Druid soul~ (And just because it's unpopular in big group contents, I'm tempted to try and find a way to make it work in these instances :3)

I haven't raided since I came back to Rift, but from what I gathered so far, Druids are not competitive in DPS while raiding. You can get by doing the 5 man but anything outside of that and solo PvE you may want to look at Shaman or Inq. But even then...the forums are full of "make the Cleric DPS souls competitive".
    S.C.I.F.I
    Sights Clouded In False Illusions

Plane Touched

I made a guide for the "Hammer of Light" Druid/Justicar hybrid that works well in groups. Damage scaling with better gear really really hurts it, but its still fun to pull out occasionally. As a new player the damage should be good enough, especially in experts and t1 raids when you have less gear and need HP more than slightly more dps.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mj295 View Post
    Thanks! Hmm, would you happen to know of a soul combination with Druid that could at least make it more useful in raids? I really like the Druid soul~ (And just because it's unpopular in big group contents, I'm tempted to try and find a way to make it work in these instances :3)
    41 oracle/31 Druid/4 Inquisitor

Well interesting enough no seems to actually want to answer your question. There should be a Guide for Druidicar in the Cleric Guides Section, also in game there is a Preset Spec for it with a guide link attached. I think its mainly more useful sub 50 tho, 50+ you probably want to use the Silenus build it has far more DPS. No one uses a healing pet theres no need for it you dps pet give ya plenty of heals, Tank Pet till you don't need it anymore then after that you will use the Seer 97% of the time.

Heres 1 Druidicar guide I found
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...just-seer.html

Seatin's Silenus Spec
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...itive-dps.html

Also:

I do Raid with the Silenus Spec, I'm usually in the top 3 DPS, Yes Shaman is technically a bit more DPS but its far harder to get that dps and sustain it and doesn't have near the utility. With 2 gap closers disconnects are not as big an issue for Silenus as they are for Shaman. 2 interupts come in handy also, not mention 2 self shields, a Self cleanse and Fae Extraction

I enjoy using the heal pet for 2 man chronicles. It's more of a preference as it feels like having a 3rd member. The heals are more invaluable during some of the boss fights then the extra dps. That said it turns most fights into EZ mode. This has helped me as I am still gearing up.

(personal preference and differs on gear, experience and content you may be facing)
    S.C.I.F.I
    Sights Clouded In False Illusions

Soulwalker

For Pvp:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...M/DkiigIaHgE/l hammer of duty hits like a train once you get the 2 +14% bonuses up

you could take 4 points out of druid and put them in shaman for the second charge if you don't like getting kited, but I find this build has enough ranged damage to help with kiting.

Quote Originally Posted by FordTheWin View Post
    For Pvp:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...M/DkiigIaHgE/l hammer of duty hits like a train once you get the 2 +14% bonuses up

you could take 4 points out of druid and put them in shaman for the second charge if you don't like getting kited, but I find this build has enough ranged damage to help with kiting.
    You can't go 40 points Druid and skip Resounding Blow. This build is obviously 41Druid 35Justi... it hits hard but yes, you'll be kited a lot and you won't have anything to counter it.
    Last edited by Maul STK; 08-08-2014 at 01:45 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Soulwalker

You can't go 40 points Druid and skip Resounding Blow. This build is obviously 41Druid 35Justi... it hits hard but yes, you'll be kited a lot and you won't have anything to counter it.
    You actually can, the point in divine right actually allows to to self heal when being kited or put the 50% shield on yourself to keep yourself alive. That one point into Justicar gives a huge boost to survivability in a Pvp environment. Your ranged pressure with life surge, trickster's bolt and hammer is still pretty effective anyway, resounding blow would only be better in a best-case scenario where you can reliably stay on your target.

The build's main purpose is to tank the enemy team without dying (resplendent embrace, doctrine of bliss, just defense), but also do enough damage so that the enemy team can't ignore you completely.

Quote Originally Posted by FordTheWin View Post
    The build's main purpose is to tank the enemy team without dying (resplendent embrace, doctrine of bliss, just defense), but also do enough damage so that the enemy team can't ignore you completely.
    GL then.

Very often things look good on paper but suck on practice.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

+ Reply to Thread