+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2.8 Inquisitor

Very nice work. However I don't think you are taking the resistance penetration talent + Spiritual scrutiny in account in your calculations.
    520 Base resistance on dummy
    R%=R/(R+2947)
    520/(520+2947) = 15%
    Assuming Cunning Analysis and spiritual scrutiny stack multiplicative
    520*(0.7*0.8) = 291.2

291/(291+2947)
    = 8.987% reduction

Also you could argue that on live server there is going to be some delay in between abilities which in turn would decrease the dps.
    However this works fairly well as very rough estimate, but just some ideas in case you are bored and want to implement them ^^
    Last edited by Pokesi; 08-07-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    I think bumping it up to 15% would be reasonable, though, and an incredibly easy solution.

That's assuming Cleric's have a Dev that gives a crap about the class...which based on past performance we do not.
    Last edited by Mumnoch; 08-07-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokesi View Post
    Very nice work. However I don't think you are taking the resistance penetration talent + Spiritual scrutiny in account in your calculations.
    520 Base resistance on dummy
    R%=R/(R+2947)
    520/(520+2947) = 15%
    Assuming Cunning Analysis and spiritual scrutiny stack multiplicative
    520*(0.7*0.8) = 291.2

291/(291+2947)
    = 8.987% reduction

Also you could argue that on live server there is going to be some delay in between abilities which in turn would decrease the dps.
    However this works fairly well as very rough estimate, but just some ideas in case you are bored and want to implement them ^^
    Thanks you so much for that, that's what I was missing, but had absolutely no idea what the formula is.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

@Pokesi: thanks a lot, with that formula accounted for, the number seems a lot more accurate and very close to my results !
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    @Pokesi: thanks a lot, with that formula accounted for, the number seems a lot more accurate and very close to my results !
    A few questions

Why is Massive Blow in the spreadsheet? Agressive Renewal > Marrow Harvest should be the better filler if needed due to the 1 second gcd on ranged abilities.

Is this accounting for Rage Blight?

Could you explain your crit rate values?
    I stand at 28% before any applied buffs (This includes 3% from Shaman).
    5% from AA
    10% From Approbation to dots

That means Scourge will have a 43% crit rating. What 8% am i missing.
    Last edited by haybale; 08-07-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Why is Massive Blow in the spreadsheet? Agressive Renewal > Marrow Harvest should be the better filler if needed due to the 1 second gcd on ranged abilities.
    That's an oversight from me. I was just curious as to what Massive Blow's dps would be, and if it was worth using as a filler somewhere. I also kinda forgot Spiritual Scrutinity didn't affect melee abilities, and even if its GCD would be 1s, it wouldn't be worth casting.

Is this accounting for Rage Blight?
    As it stands, not. The current values are for my gear and without Rage Blight.
    However, to account for Rage Blight, just replace the values with what you have when Rage Blight is up, and it should give you the expected result aswel, as it doesn't affect the rest of the formulas.

Could you explain your crit rate values?
    I stand at 28% before any applied buffs (This includes 3% from Shaman).
    5% from AA
    10% From Approbation to dots.
    As far as I know, all abilities in the game have a 10% natural chance to crit. On top of that, you get your character's spell crit (for me that's 23.34%), and you get 3% from dauntless courage and 5% from Armor of Awakening, which I put as 8% Spec Crit Rate (as far as I know everything for crit chance is additive so I didn't bother separating them). For me, the 3 of these add up to 41.34%.
    On top of that, DoT abilities get 10% bonus crit chance from Approbation, as you said, which put them at 51.34%.

All of this is assuming it's additive only, and then again with Zealotry.

However, seeing the results when I parse, I think I'm wrong somewhere, which is why any light would be appreciated !
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Ascendant

As far as I know, all abilities in the game have a 10% natural chance to crit.
    This is inaccurate. That could be where you are having the issue. I thought that final dps output was pretty high without RB.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

Just take w/e number you have and take that number and time it by 1.045 for the rage blight result. This is assuming typical 61 inquisitor where the only other multiplicative damage bonus is AoA.

This is inaccurate. That could be where you are having the issue. I thought that final dps output was pretty high without RB.
    Do you have more information about the natural crit chance of abilities then ? Is it 0 ?
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Ascendant

Do you have more information about the natural crit chance of abilities then ? Is it 0 ?
    I wasn't aware there was any. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by haybale; 08-07-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Ascendant

Confirmed 0. Ran vex on 6 dummies without gear on ftw.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Aight. Someone fed me misinformation quite some time ago then.
    Which makes me happy cause with 0% natural chance the projected dps is much lower and much closer to what I was parsing (minus that one lucky parse where I actually attained the projected dps with 10% natural crit chance :P)
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Something else I noticed you seem to be including the set bonus crystal in your base damage on your Average damage calculation (H10 boj for example)
    To my knowledge the crystal buff if just flat damage always added on top after every dps calculation therefor that part couldn't even crit. It used to be that way anyway before unless it was changed.

Did some testing and it seem that this was changed sometime ago since crystal bonus seems to be effected by the resistances and can crit so your formula is right.

Well it's looks right for some abilities, and not for some others (on top of my mind I think it doesn't work the same for Nysyr's). I don't really understand the full logic though, but I think it's a good enough approximation.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast