+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2.8 Inquisitor

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    I am not trolling. I am stating the facts.

- Is inquisitor cleric's only ranged dps soul?
    Yes.

- If inquisitor has some of its utilities taken away will clerics be able to make up for that hole by switching to a more appropriate ranged specs? Eg. like mages switching between pyro and warlock depending on movements and multiple target cleaving).
    No.

The only reasonable fix will be to pack more utilities and dps onto the only single ranged dps soul accessible by clerics.

I think you lack the facts so I'll be happy to explain. Trion wants every class to be able to fill every role but this does not mean they want to remove the roles that certain classes excel in.

Each class has multiple roles in a specific area. That is their niche or specialty.
    Clerics have multiple healing roles
    Warriors multiple tank roles
    Mages multiple range dps roles
    Rogues multiple melee roles.

This does not mean they can't fill a role another class excels at, it just means that it may not be the optimal setup.

I'm not saying that cleric inq doesn't need to be buffed, it does. Every class has their niche and it's that way for a reason.

You mean to tell me that this post wasn't a troll WarUltima ?
    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    The point is to keep inquisitor on top of pyramid as far as pvp utilities and survivability goes while keeping it a super powerful dueling spec and then make inquisitor slightly higher dps than 61 pyromancer single target dps, you know since inquisitor is the only ranged dps soul clerics got so it should be above new 61 pyro.
    That's plain asking to be completely OP. We don't want that, but we don't want to not be able to compete with other classes !
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Rogues multiple support roles.
    Fixed that for you. Rogues should be built around bard and tact?
    Last edited by haybale; 08-06-2014 at 02:13 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Too much rabbble. Not enough parses.

This is where I miss things like World of Logs and Raidbots.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Colga View Post
    Too much rabbble. Not enough parses.

This is where I miss things like World of Logs and Raidbots.
    So parse?
    /10 char
    Haybale@Greybriar

I do. Test dummy parses only go so far. Raidbots is particularly useful as it has fight breakdowns, and a huge sample size for each class/spec. A large sampling of parses by fight is invaluable. That way people can't use the fall back argument of "Well, you don't know how to play your character." But if the best we have is dummies, then so be it.

IIRC Rift use to have some sort of combat log site. Hypatia, maybe? I don't remember. It's not around anymore.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Colga View Post
    I do. Test dummy parses only go so far. Raidbots is particularly useful as it has fight breakdowns, and a huge sample size for each class/spec. A large sampling of parses by fight is invaluable. That way people can't use the fall back argument of "Well, you don't know how to play your character." But if the best we have is dummies, then so be it.

IIRC Rift use to have some sort of combat log site. Hypatia, maybe? I don't remember. It's not around anymore.
    Hypatia is still used by guilds to store their logs the site is just not updated to the current tier to show public rankings. Realistically though, it's pretty simple to determine how a spec will parse on heavy movement encounters or how much dps loss may be expected against a dummy parse. Melee specs only have to deal with disconnects which a couple of souls pretty much negate with Phantom Blades, Grasping the Horizon. I believe dummy parses are a good representation overall and it is reflected in raids when you see how specs fall against one another.

With that said i feel like there is pretty good balance between the top melee souls after the patch(not sure fully about the WL hybrids and SC/Harb after the nerf.) I am ok with pyro being top for mages but it should be in line with the Para/Sin/Shaman if it isn't imo.
    Last edited by haybale; 08-06-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Champion of Telara

I used 11 Shaman/ 4 Oracle today and it did fine. I used Insignia of Blood to get the 225 Spell Power buff up and then just the standard Inq rotation.

Champion

As far as I can see in T3 world Shaman is obsolete. Unless you guys have found a way to melee those fights I believe Shaman shouldn't be considered the Cleric's "highest DPS spec".

Inq is our only viable T3 DPS spec really. Any conversations concerning Shaman and it's state is useless chatter unless Shaman's can be used in the T3 environment.

So....addressing Inq; Inq is garbage. Absolute garbage. This is a direct result of the inattention and disdain our cleric Dev has for the Cleric class. I say this because for a very long time now a few of us have been Begging the cleric Dev to buff our only viable ranged DPS spec, and it has fallen on deaf ears this entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    So....addressing Inq; Inq is garbage. Absolute garbage.
    I wouldnt call it garbage, but it needs a 6% buff. Seems to be awfully hard to buff tho

Shadowlander

Dev far too busy to change Armor of Awakening from +10% damage to +20% damage and solve our dps issues for now.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Varkrey View Post
    Dev far too busy to change Armor of Awakening from +10% damage to +20% damage and solve our dps issues for now.
    10% would be far too much.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Upgraded the spreadsheet of 10sham/5def for training purpose.
    If you copy the sheet and replace the green values with the values from your character, you should get a very simplified estimation of your dps with the proposed rotation. This doesn't account for raid buffs/debuffs, so it's only valable for dummy parses. Note that if you don't get Rage Blight up for the numbers, the estimation should still be okay if you don't get Rage Blight up during the parse.
    As I write this post, I don't know yet the formula to determine the crit bonus from your character spell crit (haven't looks yet into it) nor the formula to determine skills damage based on SP, so you have to enter all of these manually.

If anyone wanna check the formulas/the logic of the sheet, they're very welcome to.
    Last edited by fufi; 08-07-2014 at 04:08 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

After parsing, it seems that I overestimate the crit chances in the sheet, but the breakdown seems accurate.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    10% would be far too much.
    I think bumping it up to 15% would be reasonable, though, and an incredibly easy solution.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast