+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2.8 Inquisitor

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    This looks similar to what I found on PTS.

Roughly goes like
    61 Pyro > 61 Sin > 61 Paragon > 61 Shaman > 61 Warlock > 61 Tempest > 61 Ranger > 61 Inquisitor > 61 MM.
    And this is what is wrong with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Why 11/4? It seems to me 10 Sham / 5 Defiler is the better option taking 2 in singled out and 3 in vicious. Especially considering the sway that Zealotry and Fanatacism has against crit rating value. I assume in 11/4 you were taking 4 in vicious 2 in singled out. With the extra point in Defiler you get, based on my stats, around 50 sp and ~35 crit rating. That should outweigh the +126 crit rating from adding 1 more point into vicious unless Crit Rating is pushing up over .55 compared to 1 sp in weight which i doubt is true for Inq.
    This is why I need help on building what should be the perfect rotation over two minutes. If you look at both the spreadsheets I made, some abilities come ahead on one build and some on the other.
    I'll just go through my rotation very slowly today to calculate this.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Plane Touched

Is the rumor that this will go live today?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    2.8 patch note still isn't online, so no one but Daglar and a selected few developpers know anything for sure at this point. One can only hope !
    I hope 2.8 isn't going live today, because if that's all Clerics are getting it's a ****ing joke.

Well, Inquisitor could use a better, proper boost, but this little change should bump up shaman quite nicely, and appart from that inquisitor problem, cleric is in a pretty good position.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Why 11/4? It seems to me 10 Sham / 5 Defiler is the better option taking 2 in singled out and 3 in vicious. Especially considering the sway that Zealotry and Fanatacism has against crit rating value. I assume in 11/4 you were taking 4 in vicious 2 in singled out. With the extra point in Defiler you get, based on my stats, around 50 sp and ~35 crit rating. That should outweigh the +126 crit rating from adding 1 more point into vicious unless Crit Rating is pushing up over .55 compared to 1 sp in weight which i doubt is true for Inq.
    Okay, if my calculations are correct, 10/5 pulls just ahead at the end of RC, but on the long run (stopped my simulated rotation at 108 seconds in the fight), 11/4 will take over.

I think considering raid buffs and debuffs (which were not taken into account for the simulation, which is based solely on tooltip values in the dummy foundry) 10/5 will stay ahead though. But it should be very close.
    Last edited by fufi; 08-06-2014 at 06:03 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridyn View Post
    Inquisitor without Dark Water is like watching paint dry. Or playing Purifier.
    lol try playing ranger

Roughly goes like
    61 Pyro > 61 Sin > 61 Paragon > 61 Shaman > 61 Warlock > 61 Tempest > 61 Ranger > 61 Inquisitor > 61 MM.
    i do not think 61sin is ahead of para at all
    Last edited by ecru; 08-06-2014 at 06:24 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Champion of Telara

The good news is that they've added combat log alerts when you purge someone, because Sins needed help noticing when their poisons are down.

Roughly goes like
    61 sc out parses 61 mm, and is close to what you folks are parsing on inquis. (1k behind in simmilar gear)

Yes inquis needs a large buff.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Does Lightning Hammer fit in to the shaman specs or is its damage significantly lower than BoR/BoJ? I guess I could wait to see after work, but I'm impatient ;)
    Last edited by Colga; 08-06-2014 at 06:51 AM.

Rift Disciple

Well, Inquisitor could use a better, proper boost, but this little change should bump up shaman quite nicely, and appart from that inquisitor problem, cleric is in a pretty good position.
    Only one out of three single target DPS specs are competitive. I wouldn't call that a pretty good position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    Only one out of three single target DPS specs are competitive. I wouldn't call that a pretty good position.
    If inquisitor was buffed, we would have it the same way other callings have it. And let's be honest, no one really cares that much about having multiple souls doing competitive dps. As long as you have range ST and melee ST competitive you have it good (And I never ever want druid to be the goto spec in raid. I hate relying on pets).
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Colga View Post
    Does Lightning Hammer fit in to the shaman specs or is its damage significantly lower than BoR/BoJ? I guess I could wait to see after work, but I'm impatient ;)

It is much lower, but I believe it is a 360 degree ability so it works well at the bottom of a spam macro.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    lol try playing ranger

i do not think 61sin is ahead of para at all
    61 sin is roughly 500dps ahead of paragon over 5 minutes. Sin does have a wide rng span and most rogues dont play it right. With nerfs to shifting blades which is a 1700-2000 dps nerf, sin was not nerfed and gained sizable damage to serpent.

Make sure you get two rounds of serpent strikes within poison malice everytime and re-up jagged before existing C&D falls off and not too early and waste C&D uptime. Serpent strike is to be managed (dont macro it like 99% of the rogues out there), so no wasted CP.

Again 61 sin is ahead, but most rogues are facerolling it instead playing it to full potential.

The only thing ahead of 61 assassin ingame in pure single target is actually 61 pyromancer.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 08-06-2014 at 07:21 AM.

Champion of Telara

If inquisitor was buffed, we would have it the same way other callings have it. And let's be honest, no one really cares that much about having multiple souls doing competitive dps. As long as you have range ST and melee ST competitive you have it good (And I never ever want druid to be the goto spec in raid. I hate relying on pets).
    If we had one or two more instant life based damage abilities in low tiers that were on par with Emblem of Ice, it would open a heck of a lot more variations. As it is the three souls with primarily life damage (Inq, Druid, Just) have little synergy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast