+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I like everyone and everything about rift

Default I like everyone and everything about rift

I like everyone and everything about rift except my cleric class which is always the forgotten class with the lowest dps. I also don't like any of the cleric dev which must of all been touched by clerics as children. But the rest is all good, maybe I don't like the other classes dev's a lot as their classes are always above clerics, I'm sure they understand.

But beside all that everything is good with rift, or is it? Maybe just maybe I don't like warriors because they can have 50k HP in pvp and are OP. But I do like rift, or do I? Rogues I have never liked as it is the class that has spent the most time being OP. But that's not to say we shouldn't all get along and have fun, or is it? Being the lowest dps class over time since rift started has not been fun but there was a stage after SL got release when clerics were on top baby and I felt a bit sorry for the dress wearing mages but a few months later all the other classes cried and who could blame them after all clerics are healers and should not, I REPEAT SHOULD NOT DPS. Now mages are getting their spec's fixed and everyone should be happy about that but the warriors and rogues who demand that they take turns being OP.

But rift is a fair game and I'm sure clerics will be OP in the distance future for years to catch up when we have all left which should even things up which I think will be great.

I also like rift gear or do I? Can someone explane to me how a warrior who wears plate has so much end - HP which seems right and the dev loving rogue who wear leather have more HP than a cleric wearing chain? Wait maybe it might be because we are healers and should spend our time healing and not looking at our HP.

This is the NEW description of clerics on rifts web page.

" Do you walk the path of the faithful?
    As a Cleric, you will command powers
    as varied as Telara’s patron deities,
    healing grievous injuries, fortifying
    allies, defiling enemies, or charging
    with chain and hammer into the front
    lines of war."

Now can someone find the old one that said something like "A cleric can Tank, Heal or Dps" which is why I picked this class.

Not that there's anything wrong with clerics, we are were we have always been at the bottom of Dps builds which is great for 75% of people that play rift. The problem is it limits us in doing world game quests and getting spots in raids and getting in 3v3 pvp but that's OK I guess because we make 75% of rift player happy and at the end of the day that's all that matters is making others happy which is why there is a cleric class.

The next time you see a cleric tell us to heal you, buff you then walk away. After all we are here so the 3 other classes can have some fun. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Rift Disciple

Cleric have a spec used in 90% of raids (defiler)
    Clerics have IMO the best tank healing spec out (puri)
    Clerics have the best support currently in game (oracle)
    Clerics are not top dps but are competitive
    Clerics are the best tanks for tanking at range (justi)
    Cleric tanks bring cleanses/Brez to a raid environment which is extremely helpful in progression
    Cleric have access to purges with little loss

But that's ok because cleric'a never get anything good right? Or am I wrong?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Eileva View Post
    Cleric tanks bring cleanses/Brez to a raid environment which is extremely helpful in progression

But... But... They said they would bring the dps of all classes in line with each other, and we believed it.

Champion

And Cleric tanking got nudered too, just like Cleric Dps. The people that joined as a cleric when it was still competitive are SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileva View Post

I find it funny that the last 3 cleric souls were made to give us one spot each in a raid. But no dps spec. In other words clerics were pushed out of dps in raids.
    So 3 clerics get into a 20 man raid which leaves 17 spots for 3 classes, that's 5.66 spots for the other classes. Are you going to tell me that's fair? As to getting anything good well it's a kick in the nuts that a whole soul was made to get one person in a raid not once but 3 times. Now I don't raid because I'm more of a pvp player that does enjoy world play so I am unsure about justicar but last I heard no raid uses it to tank. Anyway as long as 75% of rift players are happy that's the main thing.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Champion

I just discovered that in 2.8 they're going to change dauntless courage from 5 percent damage to 10 spell power in shaman. I wonder how that will pan out for Cleric dps.

Damn it, I was expecting a nice little discussion about all the things we love/loved about Rift.
    Instead however, it's just another "Warriors are overpowered, Trion doesn't like Clerics" etc etc etc.

You sir, have disappointed me.

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    I find it funny that the last 3 cleric souls were made to give us one spot each in a raid. But no dps spec. In other words clerics were pushed out of dps in raids.
    So 3 clerics get into a 20 man raid which leaves 17 spots for 3 classes, that's 5.66 spots for the other classes. Are you going to tell me that's fair? As to getting anything good well it's a kick in the nuts that a whole soul was made to get one person in a raid not once but 3 times. Now I don't raid because I'm more of a pvp player that does enjoy world play so I am unsure about justicar but last I heard no raid uses it to tank. Anyway as long as 75% of rift players are happy that's the main thing.
    Okay, assuming that for whatever reason your raid leader is completely against clerics playing a dps spec, you still have Oracle, Defiler, Puri, and Warden. Each of those four specs are the very best in the game at what they do (support, links, tank shielding, burst aoe).

If the fight requires purges, you're also going to run an inquisitor because it is a high dps spec with a double purge. Don't have any dps clerics? Then you take a big dps loss by either having rogues switch to marksman or trade in your archon for a beastmaster.

So if you ignore the tank(s), who could very well be a cleric, that gives clerics 4 or 5 of the 17-19 available non-tank spots in a raid.

Also, you definitely do not speak for every cleric in the game, so please stop acting like you do.
    Last edited by WyldStallyns; 08-06-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    <Critical Hit>
    1/4 RoF 1/5 MS

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    I just discovered that in 2.8 they're going to change dauntless courage from 5 percent damage to 10 spell power in shaman. I wonder how that will pan out for Cleric dps.
    Really? Do you have a link to this? I'd like to check more changes so I can start recalculating my build.
    How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

Default Poor Cleric

I have been mmo-ing since 1990, yeah, yeah I realize that's since before time.
    Know this, back in the day, Cleric was usually a healer, but Rift has given you a package full of goodies.
    Don't worry about DPS, you weren't meant to DPS, look at all the other fantastic things you can do.
    Just keep us alive and we will sing your praises and throw flowers at your feet, maybe even money. Buff me up and down and I will protect you with my game life.
    The only one that has a right to complain is me, about my Ranger..oh wait this isn't about me.

I seem to do tolerably running inquisitor. My only complaint is that on fights not requiring much purging, I'm a bit better off rolling shaman, and that's melee.

Clerics are fine if they stop making everything and its mother so decidedly unfriendly to melee.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    If you can't compete in DPS, then that's a PEBKAC. If you want to see a cleric tearing it up, go look at Ten Inches Unbuffed Laethys kill and see Jastere kicking ***.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

What the f**k is this doing in the Cleric Guide section...
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Yaarielle View Post
    What the f**k is this doing in the Cleric Guide section...
    Best guide.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Longstocking View Post
    Don't worry about DPS, you weren't meant to DPS, look at all the other fantastic things you can do.
    We get to select class only once. When I started rift Cleric was the best dps. Right after Sl. I, and many others apparently, rolled the best dps spec at that time. Give us a change class scroll and we're gone.... Or a nice buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Longstocking View Post
    Just keep us alive and we will sing your praises and throw flowers at your feet, maybe even money. Buff me up and down and I will protect you with my game life. .
    Never ever in my Rift experience has anybody ever protected me when I played healer. A healer is just as a meat shield in my experience. Oh I'll gladly play healer too as soon as we have a bad -*** post to protect us.
    Last edited by Xlavius; 08-06-2014 at 11:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast