+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Range AOE Build ?

Rift Chaser

Default Range AOE Build ?

Which cleric soul's would be more useful for lvl 27-50+ for easy leveling and high survival in PvE and PvP (via Warfront) ?

Atm doing Orcale but yet want to change over until i hit 50+ (i have friends who can level with me)...
    -Drakeos 60 Warrior (retired)
    -Falados 60 Mage (Main toon/farming)
    -Drakeosim - 50+ Cleric (DPS only)

Rift Chaser

Some decent help would be nice instead of being ignored

Rift Master

Cleric really only has one ranged aoe soul and that's cabalist. I wouldn't call it a high survival build and its utility is debatable in pvp unless you have enough points to unlock the many aoe cc's it has. I used cabby from about 30 to 40 anytime I came across packs of mobs I wanted to pull at once. You can pair it with justicar for a bit more survival. I don't know if passive healing from salvation is sufficient to keep you up, I spec'd a few points into purifier for some healing ability.

For pvp, check out the cleric guides forum. There's a hybrid based on oracle and shaman listed that's pretty good.

Rift Chaser

So what about Oracles ? i have leveled from 1-32 as an oracle (have died few times but still having a blast) ...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeos99 View Post
    So what about Oracles ? i have leveled from 1-32 as an oracle (have died few times but still having a blast) ...
    Oracles don't get any AoE until 44pts (level 44) and its survivability is not as good as I first through it would be at lvl60 when soloing my dailies, even with the -icar variant. pre-SL areas it should be fine but I would look towards builds like def/cab or Druid when you get beyone level 50.

if you want ranged AoE farming/grinding then Def/cab is what you would want, although I would advise taking it slow when first getting into the SL zones as things take a large jump in difficulty when in just pre50 quest greens/blues. (mainly the mobs taking a large hp increase...)

if you are levelling with friends then you can stick to Oracle as its DPS is nice and also provides buffs. if you pick up the -icar variant (12pts in Justicar for Reparation + Rightous Mandate) then you can put out some nice heals while using your AoE especially on the person acting as a tank. if not then a high Cab build should do you fine although the person acting as tank may have a difficult time keeping agro from you if they aren't in a tanking build.
    Last edited by Fliptrik; 08-05-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Plane Touched

You can always go a justicar defiler mix or cab/justicar, which would be my preference. I m not sure what options you will have with a point spread at that level, but that is really your only option.

Champion of Telara

Cabalist is the soul you want for straight up ranged AoE DPS.

Druid/Justicar is the combo you want for a mix of melee/ranged AoE DPS and survivability.

+ Reply to Thread