+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Another healing soul? Is the really needed?

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default Another healing soul? Is the really needed?

    I want to come back to this MMO in particular. I needed a break from he game (as I eventually do with all games), but was looking forward to playing my cleric again, especially with the new soul.

    But I was rather disappointed to see clerics are getting yet another healing based spec. Unless something changed and we lost a healing tree, there was quite literally no reasons why we need a fifth. It makes me seriously question if they even have any idea what to do with the class in the first place. We already have 4 healing trees. If we can't find builds that work with healing, the Devs should realize they utterly failed and fix the specs. Clerics would benefit so much more from second tank spec, or a melee spec in general, which is what the class is lacking very heavily in.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer fufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    The hell are you talking about ?

    If you're thinnking about oracle, it has nothing to do with a healing soul. It's a support soul bringing all the tools a bard brings, that I top DPS in warfront with (or at least do very competitive dps with), and deal very strong DPS in PVE compared to bard. Oracle is very strong.
    Last edited by fufi; 08-04-2014 at 02:26 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    The hell are you talking about ?

    If you're thinnking about oracle, it has nothing to do with a healing soul. It's a support soul bringing all the tools a bard brings, that I top DPS in warfront with (or at least do very competitive dps with), and deal very strong DPS in PVE compared to bard. Oracle is very strong.
    Cleric's are in sad state if you telling the truth, support doing better dps then melee and range.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebeninick View Post
    Cleric's are in sad state if you telling the truth, support doing better dps then melee and range.
    What? /10char
    Haybale@Greybriar

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer fufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebeninick View Post
    Cleric's are in sad state if you telling the truth, support doing better dps then melee and range.
    Well, to be fair, I also top the dps/do competitive dps in warfronts in pure dps souls. Just saying oracle is very good too, while providing buffs to everyone in the team.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Yeah, who would have thought that the souls that are for purchase on the cash-shop would be best in role slot... oh wait


    he DID get hit by a bus it seems

    #1 Cleric World vanilla/preF2P SL. All Raids CQed

  7. #7
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebeninick View Post
    Cleric's are in sad state if you telling the truth, support doing better dps then melee and range.
    There's an oracle hybrid that's mega strong in pvp. In normal pve situations, oracle won't be doing more dps than melee and ranged dps unless there's a skill or gear difference.

    However, oracle appears to have some of the best damage for a support I've seen. I haven't played warrior's support but I've checked out the rest. Oracle is like a bard, but with shielding instead of healing, and more dps.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    Yeah, who would have thought that the souls that are for purchase on the cash-shop would be best in role slot... oh wait
    Arbiter? No
    Liberator? No
    Physician? No
    Oracle? Yes, but that's being changed.

    Harbinger? Nope.
    Tactician? Nope.
    Defiler? Its unique so there isn't really anyone to really compete with TBH.
    Tempest? Nope

    So...7/8 souls aren't BIS.
    Well I guess your theory is out the window.



    @Taledra: Yeah it has some mean dps, similar to how Mages have harb/chon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Arbiter? No
    Liberator? No
    Physician? No
    Oracle? Yes, but that's being changed.

    Harbinger? Nope.
    Tactician? Nope.
    Defiler? Its unique so there isn't really anyone to really compete with TBH.
    Tempest? Nope

    So...7/8 souls aren't BIS.
    Well I guess your theory is out the window.



    @Taledra: Yeah it has some mean dps, similar to how Mages have harb/chon.
    The 4 new souls are amazing. If your guild isn't using them I'd be really surprised and encourage you to use them as they make all the fights easier. As far as the old souls go All of them are also amazing, most of which are 100% used in 100% of the relevant content. How are you saying what he said isn't true? /boggle

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts