+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My 2 cents on clerics in PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    Don't nerf bard healing :/ Oracle has shielding and very minimal healing and better dps. So if bringing bard to oracle's level, no nerfing of healing is needed for balance since generally shielding>healing anyway. Also, nerfing its support abilities seems overmuch for a support soul that's already subpar in the current environment.
    Did you miss the part where I said bard dps should be buffed to oracle's level and then only if needed nerf the healing to compensate ?

Also, when I play oracle, I mostly only use glacial insignia as a filler when I messed up something in my dps rotation. The shielding is barely noticeable.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    Also, when I play oracle, I mostly only use glacial insignia as a filler when I messed up something in my dps rotation. The shielding is barely noticeable.
    I am thinking you mean Protection? I use IoP 2nd phase laethys and i have been during maelforge progression. Otherwise it is pretty unecessary. I will cast it before the breath lineup on aky too at times.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Yeah I meant that :P
    Confused the names around (Insignia of Protection and Glacial Mark) and ended up mashing them in Glacial Insignia I guess, which is pretty unfortunate.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Oh hey, guess what? No one uses 61 Archon. Ever. People are barely starting to use 51 Archon again as-is due to Pyro.

How about we neuter half your support tree and see how that feels, yeah?
    *sigh*... I was refering to him saying that oracle is doing too much dps for a support soul. Archon still blows the other supports out of the water in dps. I'm actually pulling better numbers with pyrochon after this "nerf" and as far as utility goes, we get an interrupt now!

And by "Archon" I certainly don't mean 61 Archon. I simply find it easier to just refer to all the possible hybrids (pyrochon, harbchon, stormchon) as Archon. I figured that was obvious enough to anyone who has ever played support as a mage.
    Last edited by WyldStallyns; 08-07-2014 at 11:58 PM.
    <Critical Hit>
    1/4 RoF 1/5 MS

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by WyldStallyns View Post
    *sigh*... I was refering to him saying that oracle is doing too much dps for a support soul. Archon still blows the other supports out of the water in dps. I'm actually pulling better numbers with pyrochon after this "nerf" and as far as utility goes, we get an interrupt now!

And by "Archon" I certainly don't mean 61 Archon. I simply find it easier to just refer to all the possible hybrids (pyrochon, harbchon, stormchon) as Archon. I figured that was obvious enough to anyone who has ever played support as a mage.

It is obvious except for the Mages who don't care about balance and just want the best across the board (which with the Cleric/Mage Dev they are likely to get that wish).

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    It is obvious except for the Mages who don't care about balance and just want the best across the board (which with the Cleric/Mage Dev they are likely to get that wish).
    Can't tell if serious. Take a look at the cleric forum sometime. In recent weeks there have been a multitude of threads about the lack of attention given to clerics. Then out of nowhere a buff appeared to shaman, with absolutely 0 communication that shaman buffing was underway.

Meanwhile from the caster point of view: Rogues and warriors have a crit happy developer who loves to make them OP. (Maybe more true for warrior than rogue at the moment)

They say grass is always greener....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2