+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Cant ignore clerics forever

Rift Disciple

Default Cant ignore clerics forever

Trion, Kervik and minions;

You cant continually ignore 25% of your player base, and then close threads because we are an annoyance. It is bad business model. all we are asking for is to fulfill the promises you have already made, as well fix the bugs.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by scott0301 View Post
    Trion, Kervik and minions;

You cant continually ignore 25% of your player base, and then close threads because we are an annoyance. It is bad business model. all we are asking for is to fulfill the promises you have already made, as well fix the bugs.

Eh, i have pretty much just given up on bug fixes at this point. I have reported the same bug in 3 different ways multiple times over the past few months and nothing has changed. I imagine they just focus on the game breaking stuff since they are fairly busy with the expansion and stuff like ability bloat redux, etc. All we need is a slight bump really but even then the biggest issue come wednesday would be the ridiculous gap between other callings and Pyro. I am fine with one missed outlier but it should be addressed when it is pointed out this early.
    Last edited by haybale; 08-02-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

and that is why clerics don't get attention, its that let it go mentality vs the other 3 classes who actually make enough noise

Just because Kervik isn't personally shaking your hand and kissing your baby doesn't mean he's ignoring Clerics. His job is development, not PR. Shaman is likely going to be competitive again once all the various nerfs to Mages and Warriors are said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Eh, i have pretty much just given up on bug fixes at this point. I have reported the same bug in 3 different ways multiple times over the past few months and nothing has changed. I imagine they just focus on the game breaking stuff since they are fairly busy with the expansion and stuff like ability bloat redux, etc. All we need is a slight bump really but even then the biggest issue come wednesday would be the ridiculous gap between other callings and Pyro. I am fine with one missed outlier but it should be addressed when it is pointed out this early.
    Pyro looks better than it is. It's not just the mobility, but tell me: how many raids do you think are going to run BM or 51+ Archon over Harbichon? You get ~15% more Fireball DPS in the Foundry than you will in a real raid, and Fireball is 45% of Pyro's DPS. It also has massive swings with crit RNG because it's a nuke spec. It's not going to be nearly as OP as all the victimised QQers from the Warrior, Rogue, and Cleric forums like to think to suit their "buff me RIGHT NOW!!!" agendas.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Just because Kervik isn't personally shaking your hand and kissing your baby doesn't mean he's ignoring Clerics. His job is development, not PR. Shaman is likely going to be competitive again once all the various nerfs to Mages and Warriors are said and done.

Pyro looks better than it is. It's not just the mobility, but tell me: how many raids do you think are going to run BM or 51+ Archon over Harbichon? You get ~15% more Fireball DPS in the Foundry than you will in a real raid, and Fireball is 45% of Pyro's DPS. It also has massive swings with crit RNG because it's a nuke spec. It's not going to be nearly as OP as all the victimised QQers from the Warrior, Rogue, and Cleric forums like to think to suit their "buff me RIGHT NOW!!!" agendas.
    TBH, I am not going to go back like attilla did and repost promises, over a year ago that were made to us, but hey, you know live in your bright shiny world where Kervik is only moments away from making clerics rock. These issues are not new, they have been ehre since game started, we got promises that in SL it would be competitive and was for a short while. But has been a long long time since we have been, or since bugs been fixed.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Message/link me the bugs with a full and complete way to replicate it, any work arounds, in addition to ideas for fixes.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 08-02-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Message/link me the bugs with a full and complete way to replicate it, any work arounds, in addition to ideas for fixes.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-2-3-a-14.html 3rd post from the bottom
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-2-3-a-13.html 6 and 7 posts down
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-2-3-a-15.html 4th post from the top

All related to Subtlety not affecting certain abilities. This is apparent when casting the ability with and without subtley on as the dot portions always remain the same. I have submitted 3 in game tickets and messaged a dev directly twice about this since February.

Other bugs found in those same posts such as the delay in pet attacks (game wide issue) that is obvious by counting attacks per minute or just watching the GCD, tooltip errors within the druid soul, and the hidden 50% modifier (identified as being tied to Resounding Blow unlock by warultima) to CE that this soul was "balanced" around.

That's before even mentioning the fact that Druid seems to be one of the few souls that didnt get the buffs persist through death treatment.

I understand there are other things going on. I am all for equality but it would be nice to get some bug fixes in the meantime when i am pointing out obvious bugs that do affect gameplay/performance of one of our four dps souls.
    Last edited by haybale; 08-02-2014 at 06:50 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-2-3-a-14.html 3rd post from the bottom
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-2-3-a-13.html 6 and 7 posts down
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-2-3-a-15.html 4th post from the top

All related to Subtlety not affecting certain abilities. This is apparent when casting the ability with and without subtley on as the dot portions always remain the same. I have submitted 3 in game tickets and messaged a dev directly twice about this since February.

Other bugs found in those same posts such as the delay in pet attacks (game wide issue) that is obvious by counting attacks per minute or just watching the GCD, tooltip errors within the druid soul, and the hidden 50% modifier (identified as being tied to Resounding Blow unlock by warultima) to CE that this soul was "balanced" around.

That's before even mentioning the fact that Druid seems to be one of the few souls that didnt get the buffs persist through death treatment.

I understand there are other things going on. I am all for equality but it would be nice to get some bug fixes in the meantime when i am pointing out obvious bugs that do affect gameplay/performance of one of our four dps souls.
    There are threads outlining these problems going back to April. Now its August, and Kervik is working on Mages, apparently to the exclusion of everything else. His last post in the Cleric Forums is 05/22/2014.

They can close threads all they want, but the problem isn't going away. I simply don't understand why TRION doesn't have the staff to fix these issues. 3.0 is not an excuse. The problem has been present long before 3.0 was even a thought in someone's mind.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by scott0301 View Post
    TBH, I am not going to go back like attilla did and repost promises, over a year ago that were made to us, but hey, you know live in your bright shiny world where Kervik is only moments away from making clerics rock. These issues are not new, they have been ehre since game started, we got promises that in SL it would be competitive and was for a short while. But has been a long long time since we have been, or since bugs been fixed.
    I recall that short lived competitive ST top dps phase, and i also recall all the classes whining and complaining about it, thus trion was quick to nerf us without hesitation. "Range Dps is not supposed to be competitive with melee dps!" that was the gripe at that time, and now it has been months where i have watched warriors (as usual) take the lead in melee and in range spec's. I am disappointed at the unfairness of how our cleric class is treated.

Champion

So... What's the official procedure on how to get information from a developer? Or is this trial and error the procedure? Creating a large variaty of threads until one is in de correct format and triggers a response?
    Last edited by Xlavius; 08-04-2014 at 11:58 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    So... What's the official procedure on how to get information from a developer? Or is this trial and error the procedure? Creating a large variaty of threads until one is in de correct format and triggers a response?
    It's less about format and more about actual content. For example there are pages and pages worth of threads about cleric dps. Many of the posts are just complaints or otherwise contain no informational value whatsoever, then there are posts with suggestions on how to buff clerics but what was most important was that after browsing through about 20 pages of these there was not even a single parse or an attempt to put the dps differences into numbers.

If the dev does not receive up to date and accurate parses and other data then the barrier to actually do something is much greater.

If you are talking about personal contact to a developer for information then try your best to know everything you can about your calling, write a few guides and if they are received well then that's a big bonus for you, try to steer away from hyperboles and baseless posts and generally just feed your dev valuable information. Do that and devs will conclude that you are a person worth listening to.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    It's less about format and more about actual content. For example there are pages and pages worth of threads about cleric dps. Many of the posts are just complaints or otherwise contain no informational value whatsoever, then there are posts with suggestions on how to buff clerics but what was most important was that after browsing through about 20 pages of these there was not even a single parse or an attempt to put the dps differences into numbers.

If the dev does not receive up to date and accurate parses and other data then the barrier to actually do something is much great.
    Shaman test gear parses haven't changed in what ... a year? Its generally accepted gear scaling is lower for shaman than other specs and is apparent just by looking at how few modifiers are found in the tree along with hitting cp cap in early tier 2. I am not sure why more data detailing the same information would be needed. I have always been willing to give parses when they were requested though. They just seem irrelevant in this case. Maybe I am wrong about that though.
    Last edited by haybale; 08-05-2014 at 04:16 AM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post

If the dev does not receive up to date and accurate parses and other data then the barrier to actually do something is much greater.

If you are talking about personal contact to a developer for information then try your best to know everything you can about your calling, write a few guides and if they are received well then that's a big bonus for you, try to steer away from hyperboles and baseless posts and generally just feed your dev valuable information. Do that and devs will conclude that you are a person worth listening to.
    [SARC]
    You are right. This morning at the chemist I wanted to ask a question about my purchase. But the woman behind the counter wanted me to write an essay about biomolecular absorption in prenodal neural inhibitors, and to provide her clear figures as wel, before she would even begin to even think of gracing me with an answer. Guess it's the new trend. Just being a paying customer that asks a polite question is not enough anymore these days.
    [/SARC]

RIFT Guide Writer

Shaman test gear parses haven't changed in what ... a year? Its generally accepted gear scaling is lower for shaman than other specs and is apparent just by looking at how few modifiers are found in the tree along with hitting cp cap in early tier 2. I am not sure why more data detailing the same information would be needed. I have always been willing to give parses when they were requested though. They just seem irrelevant in this case. Maybe I am wrong about that though.
    Test gear is just too outdated and badly set up to provide the kind of balancing information that is needed. Live gear parses are what are relevant right now. Those are the ones that show how much the reduced crit rating scaling due to rage of the north and low SP scaling due to few SP modifiers has hurt shaman compared to others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast