+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I've tried about 20 different soul combinations to find the best Cleric 1v1 spec

Champion of Telara

Default So I've tried about 20 different soul combinations to find the best Cleric 1v1 spec

And I am still not entirely sure.

61 Inq is a great choice for obvious reasons. It's handicaps are taking too long to ramp up to kill, it's burst is easy to interrupt, and it severely lacks in the CC game.

41 Druid has almost everything you want: 5s Debilitate, Full Cleanse, 50% Dmg reduction, but also takes a while to cause enough damage. Sub-spec into 28 Just to improve that a bit and it is sort of on par with Inq but also lacks control and control mitigation. A great off spec using 41 Druid would be ideal, but I have not yet found one with synergy I really like.

58 Cabalist - I think this is the best overall primary spec. It is king in the CC game and mitigation with Dark passage. You can add a huge amount of DoT damage in 2 GCDs through Well of Souls and Curses. It has some decent burst with ToD--Disintegrate. It has a couple of nice healing cooldowns. The thing that really sets it apart is Dominiom, because when combined with Sigil of Catastrophe you can either buff strip or lock down control almost anyone (6 Purges/ Debilitates). Finding a good set of complimentary subsouls is a challenge. Right now I am opting for survivability over damage in the subs: 12 Justicar/6 Sentinel.
    Last edited by Caeus; 08-02-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    And I am still not entirely sure.

61 Inq is a great choice for obvious reasons. It's handicaps are taking too long to ramp up to kill, it's burst is easy to interrupt, and it severely lacks in the CC game.

41 Druid has almost everything you want: 5s Debilitate, Full Cleanse, 50% Dmg reduction, but also takes a while to cause enough damage. Sub-spec into 28 Just to improve that a bit and it is sort of on par with Inq but also lacks control and control mitigation. A great off spec using 41 Druid would be ideal, but I have not yet found one with synergy I really like.

58 Cabalist - I think this is the best overall primary spec. It is king in the CC game and mitigation with Dark passage. You can add a huge amount of DoT damage in 2 GCDs through Well of Souls and Curses. It has some decent burst with ToD--Disintegrate. It has a couple of nice healing cooldowns. The thing that really sets it apart is Dominiom, because when combined with Sigil of Catastrophe you can either buff strip or lock down control almost anyone (6 Purges/ Debilitates). Finding a good set of complimentary subsouls is a challenge. Right now I am opting for survivability over damage in the subs: 12 Justicar/6 Sentinel.
    I'm a big fan of 41 Druid/31 Shaman hybrids.

- RotN -> Resounding Blow -> Combined Effort -> Massive Blow -> Jolt is a brutal burst rotation.

-Three shields, two charges, two interrupts, a 5s debilitate, a snare, a 10% heal debuff, and two damage proc debuffs. More utility than you'll need for most 1v1s.

-The buffs for both classes are very synergistic.

-You can use the 4 leftover points in Shaman to increase damage or put them in Inquisitor for Vex/Armor of Devotion, Sentinel for Healing Breath/Heroic Resolve, or Purifier for Symbol of the Torch/Healing Flare. I go for Inquisitor because Shaman scales well with SP and Crit Chance.

You won't have a lot of heals, but if you macro Strength of the Fae, Shield of Oak, and Glacial Shield together you should be able to burst down most classes before you die. Obviously, the more Crit Power you have the better you'll do. It's a viable burst spec for World PvP and WFs too, but a pocket healer is a must.

Rift Chaser

Why clerics dont have hybrids?
    Answer is:
    druid(life) - melee
    justicar(life-no good attacks) - tank
    shaman(water) - melee

defiler(death) - range
    cabalist(death) - range
    inquisitor(death) - range
    oracle(water) - range

purifier(fire)- heal
    sentinel(life)-heal
    warden(water) - heal

...so see why clerics cant have good melee sync?
    water-life-death
    or water - life - life

range is good..all death magic. but melee= crap.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    I'm a big fan of 41 Druid/31 Shaman hybrids.

- RotN -> Resounding Blow -> Combined Effort -> Massive Blow -> Jolt is a brutal burst rotation.

-Three shields, two charges, two interrupts, a 5s debilitate, a snare, a 10% heal debuff, and two damage proc debuffs. More utility than you'll need for most 1v1s.

-The buffs for both classes are very synergistic.

-You can use the 4 leftover points in Shaman to increase damage or put them in Inquisitor for Vex/Armor of Devotion, Sentinel for Healing Breath/Heroic Resolve, or Purifier for Symbol of the Torch/Healing Flare. I go for Inquisitor because Shaman scales well with SP and Crit Chance.

You won't have a lot of heals, but if you macro Strength of the Fae, Shield of Oak, and Glacial Shield together you should be able to burst down most classes before you die. Obviously, the more Crit Power you have the better you'll do. It's a viable burst spec for World PvP and WFs too, but a pocket healer is a must.
    That is a combo I didn't think of, I will try it out. It can probably burst down a Sin too, or force them to Slip Away which is the main reason to have multiple purges.

Plane Touched

That is a combo I didn't think of, I will try it out. It can probably burst down a Sin too, or force them to Slip Away which is the main reason to have multiple purges.
    1v1 you can beat just about anything in the game wiith INQ (cept mages in cdom/charb) which no one beats once they get decent at those specs cause OP for 1v1. You *can* occasionally burst both those specs with oracle but its really rare. If you choose to, you can stalemate them with really any dps-heal hybrid (sit down, make one in 5 minutes) and you can outheal/kite cdom/charb damage.

Box gear, max end and you can get up to 43-44k in INQ now which is enough to even beat sin/ deep RS specs.

We own warriors, beat rogues sometimes and get owned by mages unless they derp.

Disclaimer: I'm talking about dueling people who duel a lot and are actually decent.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by JudeFromKale View Post
    1v1 you can beat just about anything in the game wiith INQ (cept mages in cdom/charb) which no one beats once they get decent at those specs cause OP for 1v1. You *can* occasionally burst both those specs with oracle but its really rare. If you choose to, you can stalemate them with really any dps-heal hybrid (sit down, make one in 5 minutes) and you can outheal/kite cdom/charb damage.

Box gear, max end and you can get up to 43-44k in INQ now which is enough to even beat sin/ deep RS specs.

We own warriors, beat rogues sometimes and get owned by mages unless they derp.

Disclaimer: I'm talking about dueling people who duel a lot and are actually decent.
    With the way AP and Crit stack for melees, Sins, NBs, Paragons, and Shamans can all easily cut through 2x JP and interrupt 1/2 Nysyr's before you can get them under 25% if they are highly geared.

You aren't getting 40k plus in Inq without subbing into Justicar and oging with all End runes and orbs which is a huge damage loss over other subsouls and SP consumables.
    Last edited by Caeus; 08-07-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Plane Touched

With the way AP and Crit stack for melees, Sins, NBs, Paragons, and Shamans can all easily cut through 2x JP and interrupt 1/2 Nysyr's before you can get them under 25% if they are highly geared.

You aren't getting 40k plus in Inq without subbing into Justicar and oging with all End runes and orbs which is a huge damage loss over other subsouls and SP consumables.
    You can beat all of the callings you have listed 1v1 in inquisitor. Yes, you need to stack end but you can beat them. The only calling listed above that should pose any real issue with some practice is Sin and only when spec'd deep RS purely for duels.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by JudeFromKale View Post
    You can beat all of the callings you have listed 1v1 in inquisitor. Yes, you need to stack end but you can beat them. The only calling listed above that should pose any real issue with some practice is Sin and only when spec'd deep RS purely for duels.
    If Perseverance worked against all interrupts and CCs maybe, but there's no way you kill most of those specs without two full Nysyr's channels, you absolutely can't put out enough damage in Inq, especially with stacked End and Just sub spec. Again though I am talking about stacked CP PvP gear which has pushed this'd melees far ahead of Inq.

Champion

Duels are nothing compared to actual PVP.

Any class that lets you get off your rotation = bad and deserves to die.

61 Inq in WF's/CQ = good dmg as long as you don't have intelligent healers/cleansers on the other side. If you do have intelligent healers/cleansers on the other side then Inq = fodder.

Inq is great for pvp against noobs or inexperienced players, they suck against everything else. I'll state it again though; Duels does not equal PVP. Duels is something different and only PVE wannabee PVPers talk about Duels as being relevant.

Shaman/Oracle is a great PVP burst class if it's still around (?).

Champion of Telara

I think the trend is more toward Druid as the Oracle off spec now, although I don't know if anyone had bothered to parse both.

Plane Touched

If Perseverance worked against all interrupts and CCs maybe, but there's no way you kill most of those specs without two full Nysyr's channels, you absolutely can't put out enough damage in Inq, especially with stacked End and Just sub spec. Again though I am talking about stacked CP PvP gear which has pushed this'd melees far ahead of Inq.
    The box gear makes it even EASIER.. Most people forego endurance for CP/SP/AP/...Critchance(lolHelloKitty)

You legit will **** on everyone using that gear with inq.

Ow hangover.

+ Reply to Thread