+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Raiding roles carried

Soulwalker

Default Cleric Raiding roles carried

I am just coming back to my 60 cleric after a long absence, and I was wondering what roles DPS/healing clerics are carrying into SLE experts and raids these days? I see there has been a lot of change to some of the cleric souls since I last played my cleric, and I was wondering which roles are crucial to have for ST/AOE DPS and for Tank/Raid healing.
    Thanks for the help!

Stilgraey
    Deepwood
    Last edited by Graey; 08-01-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Cleric raiding roles

So the 5 necessary roles for raid/expert heals/dps are:

61 Puri, 61 Warden for heals,

61 Inq for range DPS
    61 Cab for AOE DPS
    61 Sham for Melee DPS?

Does 61 Sham parse highest for ST DPS?

Thanks for the info!

Stilgraey
    Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Graey View Post
    So the 5 necessary roles for raid/expert heals/dps are:

61 Puri, 61 Warden for heals,

61 Inq for range DPS
    61 Cab for AOE DPS
    61 Sham for Melee DPS?

Does 61 Sham parse highest for ST DPS?

Thanks for the info!

Stilgraey
    Deepwood
    Yes it does (as far as Cleric specs do), and if you have access to Defiler you may also want to have a 61 Defiler spec.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 08-02-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Like my original post states, I have been away from my cleric (away from the game and then playing on a warrior as my new main) and am way out of touch with these specs and playstyles. Are all of the specs listed usable in experts or GH5s/zone events, in order to learn the macros/rotations and timing for the different specs? I used to heal Warden in some old world raiding up to HK, but did not do much into SL. I know that the heal specs especially can't be practiced solo or in chronicles, etc. Would people look crazy at me if i bust out defiler or 61 warden to heal a SLE?

Some silly questions probably, but I don't want to get into a group or raid, fail and waste everyone's time. Thanks!

Stilgraey
    Deepwood

Defiler is the healing spec that pulls out the most dps in the game (minus druid and letting the fae solo healing, but that requires a lot of stuff !). When you have enough experience, it's the best spec to heal experts, minus certain bosses where you'll probably want an aoe cleanse.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Soulwalker

Default Defiler guide?

I have fleshed out most of my roles now, but I am curious about a defiler spec. Never really played it too much, but it seems interesting. Can anyone point me to a respected Defiler guide for building the spec/macros/rotation/play style?

Thanks again

Stilgraey
    Deepwood

Ascendant

I have fleshed out most of my roles now, but I am curious about a defiler spec. Never really played it too much, but it seems interesting. Can anyone point me to a respected Defiler guide for building the spec/macros/rotation/play style?

Thanks again

Stilgraey
    Deepwood
    Here is a fairly comprehensive guide
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ler-guide.html

Macros are all personal preference but with defiler there are very few that are actually useful.

I would use this as my dps spam if i was playing the role. I switched my defiler build to 8 Inq / 7 Shaman off souls after the spellpower bonus addition to shaman.

#show somatic desecration
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Sanction Heretic
    Cast Somatic Desecration
    cast Crushing Blow
    cast Lightning Hammer

cleanse macro
    #show jealous intervention
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui jealous intervention
    cast @group01 jealous intervention
    cast @group02 jealous intervention
    cast @group03 jealous intervention
    cast @group04 jealous intervention
    cast @group05 jealous intervention
    cast @group06 jealous intervention
    cast @group07 jealous intervention
    cast @group08 jealous intervention
    cast @group09 jealous intervention
    cast @group10 jealous intervention
    cast @group11 jealous intervention
    cast @group12 jealous intervention
    cast @group13 jealous intervention
    cast @group14 jealous intervention
    cast @group15 jealous intervention
    cast @group16 jealous intervention
    cast @group17 jealous intervention
    cast @group18 jealous intervention
    cast @group19 jealous intervention
    cast @group20 jealous intervention
    Last edited by haybale; 08-09-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Default Warden or Defiler

Thanks much for the defiler guide link, now my big dilemma comes down to which roles to carry?

I have 6 available soul builds, and I need to keep one as druid/justicar for solo chronicle/world event support, at least for now. So of the 5 remaining, I am certain I need purifier, for SLE healing, and Inquis. for Range DPS.

That leaves me with 4 soul builds for 3 available slots (the 7th role costs 900p, and that's a bit much for me right now). Do I want to exclude shaman, cabalist, warden or defiler? Which one is least likely to be useful in the SLE/T1 raid environment?

This is not even taking into account the possibility of tanking, which my gear definitely does not allow right now. I would appreciate some other clerics' perspectives on which soul builds I can drop at this point. Thanks.

Stilgraey
    Deepwood

That leaves me with 4 soul builds for 3 available slots (the 7th role costs 900p, and that's a bit much for me right now). Do I want to exclude shaman, cabalist, warden or defiler? Which one is least likely to be useful in the SLE/T1 raid environment?
    Apart from twins in FT, cabalist is only useful for trash in T1 and T2, and Shaman works just fine in that situation.
    Last edited by fufi; 08-10-2014 at 01:53 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    I switched my defiler build to 8 Inq / 7 Shaman off souls after the spellpower bonus addition to shaman.
    I'm very surprised about this. Sure the tooltips will be better, but you're losing both Curse of Discord (replaced by Sanction Heretic that does just below, so that's okay) and Dark Water, which are both benefitting so well from Defiler +20% to death damage.

I would agree that defiler with purge should become 12inq/3sham rather than 13inq/2cab (not even sure about it though), but I'm very surprised for pure DPS.
    Last edited by fufi; 08-10-2014 at 02:18 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Rift Master

Why exclude builds based on the number of roles you can buy? Just respec as needed. A good place to practice healing is in warfronts.

Soulwalker

Default Time

The big limiter is I do not have the time to learn all of these builds sufficiently to try to carry them into a raid. I am on top of Purifier healing for SLE groups, and I can Inquis DPS decently in a raid or SLE for my gear level (expert/crafted blues and purples, with just beginning to get raid drops) of 436 hit atm. I cannot yet Tank heal or Warden AoE heal a 10-man. I want to concentrate on a couple of main specs for the time being, and then learn the others and add to my versatility as I go. I am trying to focus on competence first, so I do not embarrass myself.

Thanks again, for all of your advice and suggestions.

Stilgraey
    Deepwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    I'm very surprised about this. Sure the tooltips will be better, but you're losing both Curse of Discord (replaced by Sanction Heretic that does just below, so that's okay) and Dark Water, which are both benefitting so well from Defiler +20% to death damage.

I would agree that defiler with purge should become 12inq/3sham rather than 13inq/2cab (not even sure about it though), but I'm very surprised for pure DPS.
    Honestly i just don't use the soul. I think the last time i ran defiler in raid was a few months ago on Ultane where DW is not super efficient considering the timing between phases and how powerful PT and UH become. Otherwise i will use in an expert from time to time but it is pretty rare. DW is surely a bit higher dps but if you were called on to do some healing, the shaman variant would be more beneficial.
    Last edited by haybale; 08-10-2014 at 05:29 AM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread