+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Regular Communication & State of Cleric DPS

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harrydesmart View Post
    If so, why even try and achieve class balance?

Puri's only thing going for it is flame of life, Defiler is required, like an archon or bard/orc.
    And orc will be near useless once the dps changes for bard goes live.
    I think you're severely misjudging eHPS over HPS. It isn't just about dps that both bard and oracle can do. Oracle in raid is going to win out in most raid encounters just due to the fact of all the shielding that it is able to dish out compared to the raw healing of a bard.
    --BC

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    I think you're severely misjudging eHPS over HPS. It isn't just about dps that both bard and oracle can do. Oracle in raid is going to win out in most raid encounters just due to the fact of all the shielding that it is able to dish out compared to the raw healing of a bard.
    Unrelated to the OP, but curious if there is a meter out there that counts oracle and phys/tact shields?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Attillaa View Post
    Unrelated to the OP, but curious if there is a meter out there that counts oracle and phys/tact shields?
    ACT can loosely show ehps, but not from who exactly. I know someone in trinity a while back edited rift meter to include all oracle shields.
    --BC

Ascendant

Dauntless Courage reflects 2% sp per point opposed to 1% damage per point on pts. This should change inquis off soul to shaman as well considering the creep that 5 oracle was making. Thanks kervik for adjustment.
    Last edited by haybale; 08-04-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Dauntless Courage reflects 2% sp per point opposed to 1% damage per point on pts. This should change inquis off soul to shaman as well considering the creep that 5 oracle was making. Thanks kervik for adjustment.
    I don't see any messages from Kervik (). Either way, it looks like a step in the right direction. Better than nothing, but I'm not sure this will get us on even grounds with warrior/mage. Do you see any other changes? Thanks for the update.
    Last edited by Attillaa; 08-04-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Attillaa View Post
    I don't see any messages from Kervik (). Either way, it looks like a step in the right direction. Do you see any other changes? Thanks for the update.
    Frozen Wrath doesn't affect VotPN anymore (VotWS is the same).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Frozen Wrath doesn't affect VotPN anymore (VotWS is the same).
    I noticed that one as well and didnt see any other adjustments. A necessary step i suppose. I would like to get away from the aoe stigma altogether.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Headed to the PTS to have a look at the new changes.

After a couple of parses, is seems that 61inq/11shaman/4defiler should be pulling just a little behind a perfectly executed 10cab/5def.
    It should also prove way better at handling target switching, and not having to manage Dark Water lets Nysyr's Rebuke align better with the rotation (at least that's how I felt).
    Massive Blow also is a good filler between the two BoD of Radical Coalescence, and a dps increase compared to BoJ if you have to move while in melee (not as good as Curse of Discord in the 10cab version, but still okay).

As a raid leader, I'm definitely switching to shaman offsoul, as it will let me lead easier while pulling out my rotation, and to anyone having trouble with Dark Water, you should definitely switch to it.
    Last edited by fufi; 08-05-2014 at 02:33 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Soulwalker

So the change makes it behind a spec that was already behind everything else.

Awesome....

Champion

They can keep deleting post's that complain about the horrible state of Cleric's but that isn't going to make the posts stop.

Cleric's need sweeping changes to their heal and DPS souls to be competitive against the rest of the souls. This won't happen with our current Dev though imo.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Diag View Post
    So the change makes it behind a spec that was already behind everything else.

Awesome....

It's not really behind it. Regardless of losing the dark water dynamic which many people like, it is technically an improvement to target swapping and buildup all at a very similar dps level.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Champion

So.... Clerics just got nerfed because they had the guts to complain about their calling lagging behind?

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    So.... Clerics just got nerfed because they had the guts to complain about their calling lagging behind?
    This change in no way can be called a nerf. So its not as helpful to Inq as some hoped, it will be a net gain for Shaman builds, Druid, Justicar, and possibly other builds that use Shaman as an off soul will see a good boost from it as well.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    What are you talking about.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Shadowlander

CLERIC

SENTINEL
    * Faith Rewarded:
    - Now has a 1 hour duration and is no longer a toggled buff.
    - It will not persist through death.
    * Vigilance:
    - Now has a 1 minute duration.
    - Increased the healing of Vigilance.
    * Divine Call: Increased healing done.
    * Light of Redemption: Reduced mana cost by 50%.

SHAMAN
    * Dauntless Courage: Now increases Spell Power by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    * Frozen Wrath: Now only increases the damage of Vengeance of the Winter Storm and no longer affects damage from Vengeance of the Primal North.

i expected something bigger, especially regarding inquisitor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast