+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why doesn't Mercurial modify BoJ when using the Spiritual Scrutiny buff?

Champion of Telara

Default Why doesn't Mercurial modify BoJ when using the Spiritual Scrutiny buff?

The tooltip on BoJ says 'Instant' when it's up. Same for BoD when L&D Concord is up, it delves as 'Instant'

Ascendant

Mercurial is only for abilities that are instant by default. Not those that are made so by buffs or procs.

Champion of Telara

Right, I am saying that it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Right, I am saying that it should.
    It can't because of how abilities work. Abilities receive a set of tags such as instant, cast time, channeled, damage over time, etc. and this is what decides how abilities are modified by other abilities. Mercurial doesn't even look at what the cast time of an ability is, it just looks at whether or not it is tagged as instant.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Champion of Telara

Well then the obvious answer is to make BoJ instant by default and make Spiritual Scrutiny give it a 20% damage bonus.

The obvious answer would be to improve the code so that it checks variables and it changes ability tags under different conditions....

The fact that Mercurial (or any other similar thing) doesn't affect abilities when they become instant is wrong, annoying and misleading.
    Last edited by Maul STK; 07-30-2014 at 02:17 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Champion of Telara

Think how nice it would be to be able to legit sub spec Druid as Inq. I'd even give up Radical Coalescence just so I could get the 16 point 5s Debilitate.

Yes, fixing this inconsistency would be very meaningful, both for inqui and oracle.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Except everything is balanced around how it is right now. Changing the code the way you want will just result in a nerf later on to bring the numbers back in line.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Maul STK View Post
    Yes, fixing this inconsistency would be very meaningful, both for inqui and oracle.
    It's not inconsistent.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    Except everything is balanced around how it is right now. Changing the code the way you want will just result in a nerf later on to bring the numbers back in line.
    "BALANCED"

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    It's not inconsistent.
    Yes it is.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Maul STK View Post
    Yes it is.
    Affects instant abilites, cast time check performed before buffs are applied.

Where's the inconsistency?

It is where it says that affect instant abilities but it does not.... who cares about where or when this check is made? All i see it's an instant ability that is not affected by Mercurial.
    To me that's an inconsistency.

+ Reply to Thread