+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reckoning vs. Bolt of Radiance

Soulwalker

Default Reckoning vs. Bolt of Radiance

Hi, im fairly new to Clerics and while I was looking at the Justicar Tree today, I noticed the ability called Reckoning. It does anything better than Bolt of Radiance(more Damage, no Cooldown) but still I see Bolt of Radiance in a lot of Macros. Now I dont get why, could anyone explain?

From what level are you looking at the tree ? I think you might getting a false sense of the spells because Bolt of Radiance will rank up when leveling, and by the time you get reckoning, it should be hitting harder.
    At level 60, Bolt of Radiance definitely does more damage than Reckoning, and I also think Bolt of Radiance does have a threat multiplicator, making it generate a ton more threat than Reckoning.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Soulwalker

Im not 60 yet, I was just wondering but that might actually be an explanation i could have come up with myself, I didnt think about the spells levelling up...
    Thank you

i just took a look at my versions of the skills and it looks like bolt of radiance does 20% more damage than reckoning. which is a huge agro boost since that 20% is multiplied by the agro modifier(based on endurance)
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Quote Originally Posted by krabcat View Post
    which is a huge agro boost since that 20% is multiplied by the agro modifier(based on endurance)
    Speaking of which, does anyone know numbers about that modifier? Is it worth mentioning? And is it additive or multiplicative with the other aggro modifiers? So far, from what I've heard, Justicar ability aggro goes like this:

(Ability thread modifier [usually about 2] + 400% Mien + endurance modifier) * damage = threat

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fairly sure the Endurance modifier is additive in nature. As in if you have 5,000 Endurance all of your abilities generate an additional 5,000 threat.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread