+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 122
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Clerics Dps specs are so chocolate.

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara MickNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default Clerics Dps specs are so chocolate.

    As a player who has played most days since the start I have to say clerics overall have been the lowest dps class over time. First of all let me say I am more of a PvP player and don't raid but do like world play. I feel sorry for clerics that do raid, the dev's keep trying to give us a spec that would be needed in raids like Defiler with it's links and now with Oracle with it's raid buffs but no love for the dps cleric.

    I understand Kirvik is working on mages at the moment and there's nothing wrong with that but I hope after he fixes Pyro he gets to fix our melee and range dps specs. For the love of me I don't know why he spent time fixing cabalist before. I use cabalist a lot in Cq it not that I don't use it I just think it didn't need to be fixed at all while our ST specs Inquisitor and Shaman could of done with a fix first.

    The last time I felt clerics were strong was when SL came out and Inquisitor had a strong Nysyr's Rebuke which didn't last long at all and was so nerfed we went from being feared in PvP to being laughed at.

    Kirvik have you any news about buffing our ST dps specs in the near future? If so can you give us a brief please.

    This thread is not so other classes knock us down even more with crap like "but but you can heal........" you all have your heal specs we want a dps spec on par with the other classes.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Kervik just fixed a soul that hasn't been useful since ... uhm ... Hammerknell?

    A cleric buff is perfectly fine and should definitely happen some point in the hopefully near future. If clerics had been the first to ger some love, mages would have been in this situation now. Yes, it sucks that clerics are behind in dps. However, Oracle has made Bard obsolete, their heal souls (and tank soul) keepsnthem relevant. Mages are currently receiving attention because they had one relevant dps soul. It's the equivalent of "all cleric heal souls are terrible except for one". They need the buff. So I think it's fair that they were first in line.

    P.S. I hope Archon is next after Pyro, because Pyrochob is not looking so good with the current Pyro changes and only having melee support isn't too great.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Why do I always choose a class to play when I start a new MMO that is the one at the bottom of the heap?

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    If you rolled Cleric to play dps you are doing it wrong, though Shaman can easily do over 37k with T3 and full CP gear.

    Defiler and Oracle are pretty much OP now, every raid needs one each. Puri is also in 90% of the raids. Cabalist very good AE spec with a lot of cc and utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpectralDerp View Post
    Kervik just fixed a soul that hasn't been useful since ... uhm ... Hammerknell?

    A cleric buff is perfectly fine and should definitely happen some point in the hopefully near future. If clerics had been the first to ger some love, mages would have been in this situation now. Yes, it sucks that clerics are behind in dps. However, Oracle has made Bard obsolete, their heal souls (and tank soul) keepsnthem relevant. Mages are currently receiving attention because they had one relevant dps soul. It's the equivalent of "all cleric heal souls are terrible except for one". They need the buff. So I think it's fair that they were first in line.

    P.S. I hope Archon is next after Pyro, because Pyrochob is not looking so good with the current Pyro changes and only having melee support isn't too great.
    Fixing souls which "haven't been useful since Hammerknell" isn't the primary concern. Mages at least had Warlock as a competitive ranged dps role; clerics haven't been competitive in DPS since August 2013. That was the last time our dps received *any* buff. 11 months ago. Very quickly we were overshadowed by Tempest/Paragon/Warlock, leaving clerics and rogues behind once again. Rogues got a Ranger buff which put them slightly ahead of Inquisitor, but still behind Tempest and Warlock.

    The type of adjustments to Inquisitor and Shaman required are very simple. We don't need a full soul revamp; as stated in a similar thread I made, if Kervik wants to overhaul the souls for 3.0, that's his own decision (though in reality the core mechanics are fine). For now, all he needs to do is boost the coefficients or just buff some passive damage/SP modifiers to compensate for our lower dps. Make a few simple changes, have people test/compare to the other roles, done. Done. Done. Not a lot of work.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    If you rolled Cleric to play dps you are doing it wrong, though Shaman can easily do over 37k with T3 and full CP gear.

    Defiler and Oracle are pretty much OP now, every raid needs one each. Puri is also in 90% of the raids. Cabalist very good AE spec with a lot of cc and utility.
    This would be a good argument if you only ever ran 3 clerics in a raid (1 defiler, 1 puri, 1 oracle). Please don't ever mention cabalist again as no truly optimized group will run that on ANY fight. Dominance times correlate that.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser Learan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Fixing souls which "haven't been useful since Hammerknell" isn't the primary concern. Mages at least had Warlock as a competitive ranged dps role; clerics haven't been competitive in DPS since August 2013. That was the last time our dps received *any* buff. 11 months ago. Very quickly we were overshadowed by Tempest/Paragon/Warlock, leaving clerics and rogues behind once again. Rogues got a Ranger buff which put them slightly ahead of Inquisitor, but still behind Tempest and Warlock.

    The type of adjustments to Inquisitor and Shaman required are very simple. We don't need a full soul revamp; as stated in a similar thread I made, if Kervik wants to overhaul the souls for 3.0, that's his own decision (though in reality the core mechanics are fine). For now, all he needs to do is boost the coefficients or just buff some passive damage/SP modifiers to compensate for our lower dps. Make a few simple changes, have people test/compare to the other roles, done. Done. Done. Not a lot of work.
    I don't even know where to begin here.
    How is not fixing a soul that was in many ways completely useless not the primary concern?
    Let's see, not even a year ago clerics saw major changes to Druid, cabal it's, puri, shaman, inq, (I will be happy to link you the patch notes).
    Since then we have seen changes to lock(which gave us our only competitive dps spec)
    Not even an hour after receiving our sc changes you start the QQ threads.
    Also, you talk about how shaman needs a boost. Have you seen harbinger? It you would like we can compare shaman to harb and see which one needs more attention.

    Wtb discussion with an adult.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Because Ahov is thinking "I am a Cleric.". Once you do that you say "okay what be used most in a raid (trash pulls need not apply.)". Once you do that you see a soul that has not had much use since HK and even with the changes is still of limited use....wowsers you can measure epeens with Champs and Sabos on trash pulls...good for you Cabbie. However Inquis and Shaman are the bread and butter of cleric dps so on a simple cost/benefit calculation they should have been addressed first and tbh you could have addressed the two of them and still had time left over when compared to how much work had to go into the Cabbie change.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Learan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    331

    Default

    I understand that. But last round clerics saw changes to 5 of their souls. Only 2 of ours have been addressed so far, lock and sc. At least have enough maturity to allow kervik to finish his work that he has stated pyro, harb, archon.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    I don't even know where to begin here.
    How is not fixing a soul that was in many ways completely useless not the primary concern?
    Let's see, not even a year ago clerics saw major changes to Druid, cabal it's, puri, shaman, inq, (I will be happy to link you the patch notes).
    Since then we have seen changes to lock(which gave us our only competitive dps spec)
    Not even an hour after receiving our sc changes you start the QQ threads.
    Also, you talk about how shaman needs a boost. Have you seen harbinger? It you would like we can compare shaman to harb and see which one needs more attention.

    Wtb discussion with an adult.
    The last single-target dps changes we received were over 11 months ago, Patch 2.3, hotfix 13. You think this is ok considering we are the worst ST dpsers? Your bias is not welcome here. Additionally, PLEASE stop bringing up Cabalist changes. Cabalist isn't even used in a raiding environment. If you see anyone on stream doing it, they are gimping their raid. Also, don't mention Druid, since its dps is even lower than Inquisitor and suffers even more from disconnects than Shaman.

    Once again, I'm not asking to stomp anyone. I want to be competitive, and potentially earn top dps on the meter based on my own merit, not class imbalance.

    Purifier: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...u-1am-gmt.html August 2013, about 11 months ago. Purifier is a strong role and I have no complaints aside from some skills being completely useless and the playstyle a bit too easy. I'd rather prioritize Inquisitor and Shaman changes due to them being thousands behind other callings.

    So yeah, out of the relevant specs mentioned (Inquisitor, Shaman, Purifier) all of the changes were ELEVEN MONTHS ago. Since then everyone else has gotten buffed and we were left behind.

    Call this QQ if you want, but that just makes it ironic that you're implying I'm a child.

    Finally, I don't understand why you think Kervik taking 10 seconds to boost our coefficients by 10% or so would take away from mage tweaking. You act as if the changes we're asking for would mean mages get nothing. Please use some logic.
    Last edited by Ahov; 07-18-2014 at 09:40 AM.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    The last single-target dps changes we received were over 11 months ago, Patch 2.3, hotfix 13. You think this is ok considering we are the worst ST dpsers? Your bias is not welcome here. Additionally, PLEASE stop bringing up Cabalist changes. Cabalist isn't even used in a raiding environment. If you see anyone on stream doing it, they are gimping their raid. Also, don't mention Druid, since its dps is even lower than Inquisitor and suffers even more from disconnects than Shaman.

    Once again, I'm not asking to stomp anyone. I want to be competitive, and potentially earn top dps on the meter based on my own merit, not class imbalance.

    Purifier: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...u-1am-gmt.html August 2013, about 11 months ago. Purifier is a strong role and I have no complaints aside from some skills being completely useless and the playstyle a bit too easy. I'd rather prioritize Inquisitor and Shaman changes due to them being thousands behind other callings.

    So yeah, out of the relevant specs mentioned (Inquisitor, Shaman, Purifier) all of the changes were ELEVEN MONTHS ago. Since then everyone else has gotten buffed and we were left behind.

    Call this QQ if you want, but that just makes it ironic that you're implying I'm a child.

    Finally, I don't understand why you think Kervik taking 10 seconds to boost our coefficients by 10% or so would take away from mage tweaking. You act as if the changes we're asking for would mean mages get nothing. Please use some logic.
    clerics are fine you already received a buff before pyro so wait in line . Clerics are already OP HEALERS IN PVP .No more QQ please
    Last edited by elfaraon; 07-18-2014 at 10:06 AM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Zazen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    clerics are fine you already received a buff before pyro so wait in line . Clerics are already OP HEALERS IN PVP .No more QQ please
    Whoosh!

    That was Ahov's point flying right over your head.

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    501

    Default

    I hope to see some dps buffs, top clerics shouldnt be finishing 10 spots behind other classes that hit 1 button

  14. #14
    Ascendant Zazen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwix View Post
    I hope to see some dps buffs, top clerics shouldnt be finishing 10 spots behind other classes that hit 1 button
    People need to ess tee eff yoo about 1-button specs. No one doing absolute top tier dps uses a 1-button spec.
    Last edited by Zazen; 07-18-2014 at 10:15 AM.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Finally, I don't understand why you think Kervik taking 10 seconds to boost our coefficients by 10% or so would take away from mage tweaking. You act as if the changes we're asking for would mean mages get nothing. Please use some logic.
    Mainly because the souls are getting re-worked. We're not talking about simple fixes. Look at Cab, SC and the upcoming Pyro & Reaver changes. ALL souls are getting this treatment like it or not. It does not make a lot of sense to spend time on small tweaks when what is there does work or isn't over powered when the Soul is going to go through a major change.

    I'm not sure how the Dev's set their priority but they have Cab got up top followed by SC. Pyro and Reaver were next in line. (Pyro at least probably in order to fix Archon and BM needs to play well with Archon). Kervik hasn't forgotten about Clerics, change is a coming we just don't know when.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts