+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Clerics Dps specs are so chocolate.

Rift Master

I don't know the dev's priorities, or the reasons for the seemingly strange order of buffs. Point is, Trion doesn't have the staff at the moment to buff/rework everything at the same time. I wish they did. Also, prior to sc going live and still today, mages were not in a good place relative to other callings. Every other calling has melee>ranged dps. Except mage, where warlock outperforms harb in raids. Pyro was/is clunky with all the crap to manage, which is being fixed. The fixes to pyro will require changes to archon. Harb is a 2 min cd hero with mana issues and a not exactly reliable method for disconnects. Stormcaller was a largely useless soul, much like cabby actually. Mage as a calling was just subpar for the most part, these adjustments seem like they've been a long time coming. (Again, I main a cleric. I'm not blind to the many legit issues clerics have, its just a matter of resources/lack thereof)

Well the fact that mages were behind other souls is debattable. They had warlock all along, which was somewhat competitive with clerics and rogues, while the warriors were unchecked. And so it was alright and no one would complain too much. Actually most people said warpest should be nerfed, the devs said it would, so everyone was okay with it.

Now the positions have changes : warpest never was nerfed to begin with, and mages were brought to its level and above, with two specs that are heavily handicapped on target switching and have a somewhat low mobility, true, but are pulling way ahead on stationary targets with low switching, namelly Macgillian and Laethys, that are the two current walls for most high end raiding guilds.

Whatever anyone will say, EVERYONE is conscious that stacking as many mages and warriors in your raid capable of playing these specs is a HUGE advantage compared to taking the best clerics and rogues available. Now, while my guild is not going to bench rogues and clerics for that reason alone, this still is a highly frustrating situation for half of the high-end raiding population, and it needs to be adressed as soon as possible.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Shadowlander

I am ok with Shaman DPS right now, even though I think it should have a slight increase. Inquisitor needs to be buffed immediately. Oracle is not that far behind Inquisitor, especially in a fight like Kaliban. I actually prefer playing Oracle over Inquisitor the majority of the time because burst DPS is better, much better AoE, and DPS is not far behind and you don't even have to worry about dots. It is kind of silly to have a buff class pull 17K DPS on dummies and have a DPS class not much higher.

I am in favor of a inquisitor buff. It is much needed at this point.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dandor View Post
    I am ok with Shaman DPS right now, even though I think it should have a slight increase. Inquisitor needs to be buffed immediately. Oracle is not that far behind Inquisitor, especially in a fight like Kaliban. I actually prefer playing Oracle over Inquisitor the majority of the time because burst DPS is better, much better AoE, and DPS is not far behind and you don't even have to worry about dots. It is kind of silly to have a buff class pull 17K DPS on dummies and have a DPS class not much higher.

I am in favor of a inquisitor buff. It is much needed at this point.
    I am the same when it comes to Oracle vs Inquisitor. I even just use Oracle in Experts as its great for both the AoE and ST DPS that is offering some kind of boost to others to compensate for my slight (maybe 1-2k) DPS loss plus I enjoy it better.

I think part of the problem why Mages and Warriors get potentially better treatment/higher priority, is that we started with 4 class devs but 2 were "let go" and we were left with 2 that inherited the classes left without one. Kervik was the original Mage Dev so makes sense that he is looking after his own first then the adopted Clerics second. I know this is no excuse but it is probably true.

also all this talk of mages having broken specs and not having enough competativeness, they had more options for DPS than we did and they have even more now. even the Rogues, that are behind as well, have more options than we do when it comes to soul choice in DPS. we have Inquisitor - Ranged and Shaman - Melee that's it, no hybridisation, no choice. please give us a choice between which Melee soul we want to play and which range soul other than how far away I want to stand on a particular fight...

Maybe now that Warriors are losing a Tank soul into a DPS soul, I wonder if there are any plans on turning one of our Healing souls into a DPS soul? maybe change Warden into a DPS soul and revert Sentinel back to an AoE healer like it was preSLE, while adjusting Puri to be more viable in PvP for those that will cry about losing Sentinel?

Let's see how long this post in general discussion will last. Asking for Kervik or Daglar to reply to this thread.

forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/432708-kervik-daglar-please-reply-cleric-thread.html#post4850393
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    I don't know the dev's priorities, or the reasons for the seemingly strange order of buffs. Point is, Trion doesn't have the staff at the moment to buff/rework everything at the same time. I wish they did. Also, prior to sc going live and still today, mages were not in a good place relative to other callings. Every other calling has melee>ranged dps. Except mage, where warlock outperforms harb in raids. Pyro was/is clunky with all the crap to manage, which is being fixed. The fixes to pyro will require changes to archon. Harb is a 2 min cd hero with mana issues and a not exactly reliable method for disconnects. Stormcaller was a largely useless soul, much like cabby actually. Mage as a calling was just subpar for the most part, these adjustments seem like they've been a long time coming. (Again, I main a cleric. I'm not blind to the many legit issues clerics have, its just a matter of resources/lack thereof)
    Limited resources are all the more reason to practice good triage and fix the things that are most broken first. Tweaking things that are "clunky" and creating a domino effect of problems doing so shouldn't be a higher priority than fixing things that are legitimately crippling DPS for an entire calling.

Shield of Telara

If you are cleric and doing bad dps is L2p issue. I have seen clerics pulling very good dps so if you are doing low dps you need to practice more, if you are #10 in parse practice more your dps because cleric dps are completely fine. Im not saying some souls need a fix , but overall there are some clerics souls pulling good numbers in raid. Mages are getting higher priority because most of mages dps were so bad that if you were raiding and using you are kicked because the crap dps pyro is pulling on raids. SC has been the most useless soul for years. Necro and elementalist are in the same spot crap dps and bad souls. 90% of mages dps souls were useless that's why they have higher priority.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 07-23-2014 at 06:21 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    If you are cleric and doing bad dps is L2p issue. I have seen clerics pulling very good dps so if you are doing low dps you need to practice more, if you are #10 in parse practice more your dps because cleric dps are completely fine. Im not saying some souls need a fix , but overall there are some clerics souls pulling good numbers in raid. Mages are getting higher priority because most of mages dps were so bad that if you were raiding and using you are kicked because the crap dps pyro is pulling on raids. SC has been the most useless soul for years. Necro and elementalist are in the same spot crap dps and bad souls. 90% of mages dps souls were useless that's why they have higher priority.
    Looks like you don't actually understand the issue, as "good" dps is somewhat subjective. You might have had a very good, very well geared cleric in some t1/t2 pug run pulling what you consider to be very good dps. But, if you would have had similarly geared/skilled mages and warriors in the same run you would have noticed that their dps was MUCH higher.

The issue isn't that clerics can't dps well enough for easy content, the issue is that they are not nearly as useful as mages and warriors on the content where it really matters.
    Dreezie

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    Are you raiding TDQ yet or still working on your progression IDH?

I see mostly DPS clerics in WF's anymore. They often run about 21K HP, got no real PvP gear, runes, or the right essences. Suggest they might be better for the group running heals, they'll tell you they are bolstered.They'll go 1/8 or so and whine cause clerics not OP. Go figure. Clerics you wanta have a meaningful inpact on WFs run Sent. That's my advice.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I see mostly DPS clerics in WF's anymore. They often run about 21K HP, got no real PvP gear, runes, or the right essences. Suggest they might be better for the group running heals, they'll tell you they are bolstered.They'll go 1/8 or so and whine cause clerics not OP. Go figure. Clerics you wanta have a meaningful inpact on WFs run Sent. That's my advice.
    PvE dps is the problem, shaman is perfectly fine in PvP.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    PvE dps is the problem, shaman is perfectly fine in PvP.
    You mean totally useless if you do not crit, and only useful every 60seconds due to deepfreeze. Also it requires a personal healer, has no defensive cooldowns apart from a parry/dodge proc that doesn't work with most abilities, cant block, has no blink, has no break free apart from our dash that doesn't even break the cc listed. And also has less dps and mobility than any other melee specs. So yea.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    DPS Clerics are fine in PvP. The issue is raid DPS, and most of us acknowledge that if that gets fixed Inquisitor needs a slight nerf to its utility skills in order to keep it balanced for PvP

Ascendant

Shaman and inquisitor both have relatively well defined rotations with some wiggle room for min-maxing. Unfortunately, priorities right now seem to be specs that need overhauls, as opposed to numbers tweaks. Rogues seem to be in the same boat where they mostly need numbers tweaks.

I would also argue that the current reworks are setting new bars, so maybe the devs are holding off giving out a number fix that will need to be followed by another number fix a month later once the bar is finalized.

Mind you, this is speculation.

Champion

Cleric's are in a horrible spot atm for DPS. I don't have faith that our "Dev" Kev will do anything about it in a timely manner.

As of now I only log on to help my guild raid. Total raid logger. The times I get to DPS I get to enjoy being behind all the other classes in DPS. This is making it almost impossible to continue playing this game. There are a lot of us that feel the same way. If Cleric's don't get buffed ASAP in DPS I'm not sure this game will make it to 3.0.

Trion...bring the Warrior Dev to the clerics. Have him give us the required buffs to be competitive. It is the only chance you'll have.

Back to Wildstar I go!
    Last edited by Mumnoch; 07-23-2014 at 04:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast