Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Cleric dps: ignored for nearly a year

Ascendant

Default Cleric dps: ignored for nearly a year

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...u-1am-gmt.html

July 31, 2013 introduced a patch which finally put clerics in a competitive dps spot, and in many scenarios top dps overall. This was a wonderful position to finally hold, and we lost it quickly. Since then, Inquisitor and Shaman have received no adjustments to keep us in line with other callings.

Today, mages got a significant buff putting them even beyond warriors. Do clerics have to wait another full year to get some adjustments? Forget a full revamp; just buff our damage for now. If you want to change the entire soul in 3.0, do it. For now, there is zero harm in buffing us across the board. Clerics are now tied for last in melee dps, but rogues can handle disconnects better. We have the worst ranged dps of any calling.

Fine, Kervik. You have other priorities. Just give us anything.
    Last edited by Ahov; 07-16-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Just showing support for this. Kervik PLEASE!

Ascendant

It is time.
    Haybale@Greybriar

having two devs for four callings was a mistake to begin with.

kervik - working on pyro, sc, other mage souls
    vladd - working on warlord, paladin, a complete revamp of reaver

there's no time for rogues and clerics. we got a slight percentage increase to the damage of two ranger abilities, which took all of a few minutes to implement, and cabalist.

i don't agree that shaman is tied for last though. shaman at least has the advantage of being relatively consistent compared to other souls due to it's high crit rate, which i've always liked. reliability is a good thing to have with so much rng in other places in the game.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Please tell me this is a joke. Mage has been broken pretty much all of storm legion. The first major changes have been live not even a few hours and you make threads like this? Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke. Mage has been broken pretty much all of storm legion. The first major changes have been live not even a few hours and you make threads like this? Wow...
    So far he's been touch things that straight up are not used in raid (or used for the correct reason)...reguardless of their class or scaling compared to others.

Warlock, Cabalist, Necromancer, and Purifier got big overhauls. And they were much needed. Thats two big overhauls for each class. Puri was an innappropriate raid sheilding bot and the other three had no uses. Going down the line stormcaller was indeed probably the least used. Next is BM across all the souls. Unfortunately, BM requires a change to archon, which also requires a change to pyro...so they have to work backward from there. Sure could inquisitor and shaman use some love? Yes. But are shaman and currently used more in raids than the other ones mentioned? Yes. Is that reason unfair? Yes, and that sucks, its the only choice for ST dps for a cleric so of course it'll be used, be it good or lacking. I just feel too much hinged on the other changes. Unfortunately in this game, order does matter. And it makes sense to start with the first kink in the longest chain that needs fixed, vs something that isn't linked to any class chains to the degree BM, Archon and Pyro are linked.

Anyway, thats just me. I do agree inquisitor needs a looking at too. I definitely feel cab had to come first before inquis was looked at though. I dont know enough about shaman to pass judgement on that. But what I can say is that the order makes sense to me if they want all this stuff done by 2.8 or 3.0. Inquis and Shaman to me will be much more expediant, and the longer chain of linked classes needed to atleast be started first to get the ball rolling. Once that takes up speed inquis and shaman will be a breeze.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Spoiled brats...

How about enjoying what you have?

Defiler, Purifier, Warden, Justicar and Cabalist.
    With Shaman and Inquisitor still being fairly competitive.

Meanwhile mage we are finally starting to get things other then warlock and chloro.
    Last edited by Snap; 07-16-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    stormbringer is parsing 32k on pts in test gear, which is 15-20% over other melee specs from what i can tell. whether it scales in live gear with raid buffs has yet to be seen though.

anyone want to tell me what shaman is at in t2 test gear with bis orbs? i'm sure ahov knows.
    Last edited by ecru; 07-16-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

It's funny because 4 months ago it was Mages making these threads, almost verbatim!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Spoiled brats...

How about enjoying what you have?

Defiler, Purifier, Warden, Justicar and Cabalist.
    With Shaman and Inquisitor still being fairly competitive.

Meanwhile mage we are finally starting to get things other then warlock and chloro.

Not dps soul, heals, heals, tank and aoe dps....

Shaman and inq have needed a buff of some sort for a while. No one is saying make them too dps but out only 2 options for ST DPS are both falling fast to bottom of the pack.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    stormbringer is parsing 32k on pts in test gear, which is 15-20% over other melee specs from what i can tell. whether it scales in live gear with raid buffs has yet to be seen though.

anyone want to tell me what shaman is at in t2 test gear with bis orbs? i'm sure ahov knows.
    Since shaman hasn't really changed it will most likely parse around 27k with the test gear+dream orbs.

Gonna re-post this suggestion in here, which I made in another thread a while ago.

Change Dauntless courage (tier 1) to 5/5 increases spell power by 2/4/6/8/10%
    Change Favoured of the Valinir (tier2) to 2/2 increases duration of lighting by 3/6s
    Change Singled out (tier 2) to 3/3 increases single target damage by 3/6/9%

Effectively working a much needed extra 10% SP into the soul, (and also giving inquisitor a better off soul option that cabby, i think)

I would like to see Frozen wrath no longer increase damage of VotPN, but increase damage on VotWS by 150% or 200% instead. This should have the desired effect of boosting up ST while reducing AoE by about 25%.

Pretty simple changes to implement I think, (Kervik might tell me I'm wrong on that though), but certainly small changes that would make a much needed difference!

Defiler also needs some very much needed love but that is a whole other story.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Ascendant

Nice to see these forums haven't changed at all: other classes getting upset when someone asks for balance.

I'm not ****ing asking to stomp other classes. I'm asking to be competitive. Shaman is now the lowest sustained melee dps. Inquisitor is far behind Tempest and several mage specs, and even behind Ranger these days.

Please don't try to justify low dps by our other roles; that is incredibly petty and childish.

Plane Touched

Inquisitor:
    Radical Coalescence needs to not screw up the burst damage block on inquisitor
    Soul Drain needs to interact with Unified Theory/Life and Death Concord to make Inquisitor cleaving less awkward
    Aggressive Renewal needs to earn a bar or macro space.

Warden:
    Danger of the Deep needs to interact in a friendly way with Defiler (try it with Foul Growth and see)

Druid:
    A proper druid rework could solve some issues regarding dps in shaman or alternate DPS options.

Rift Disciple

We have the worst ranged dps of any calling
    Everything is behind tempest. True but at the same time you have the same utilities MM has and look how many cry about its usefulness these days even though it can do just fine on some encounters.

Will be rather annoying to see inquisitor buffed and outperforming MM while having the purge and interrupt in there. Might as well give ranger a purge if inquisitor will be on par with it once kervik decides to tweak the numbers a bit.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast