+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you think is the best Cleric spec for winning 1v1?

Champion of Telara

Default What do you think is the best Cleric spec for winning 1v1?

Inquisitor is obviously a top choice as it can always rely on reset to gain healing and extra burst. It also has one of the game's best Purges. Inquisitor is lacking CC, CC breaks, and cleansing.

Cabalist has somewhat less ST DPS than Inq, but it can apply all of its DoTs in 1 GCD. It has some healing but lacks the big heals of Inq. It has tremendous CC and CC breaking ability.

The best solo specs are going to have access to a good assortment of (no particular order):

1) Healing/Absorb
    2) Burst and sustained DPS
    3) Multiple CC
    4) Multiple Breaks
    5) Purging
    6) Cleansing

Shaman is another great burn down spec if it can stay up long enough. Fae Mimicry on Druid is also huge but they are going to struggle when it is on cooldown.

So any Cleric duelers out there want to share their thoughts?
    Last edited by Caeus; 07-11-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Rift Chaser

for PVP 0, maybe sentinel if your oponent isn't a rogue. (they will try to beat you with a mage and will forfeit from fight - thats a win)

Champion of Telara

I am thinking something like this, which looks kind of ridiculous but would probably work pretty well 1v1 assuming you survived the opposing burst.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc

It has a spammable cleanse + healing
    Absorption + Healer's Blessing
    4 healing options (Healing Breath, TtL plus Healing Invoke, Shadow Breech, Ravaging Darkness)
    Dark Passage (+ SB reset), 1 Immunity, 1 Speed Boost, 2 Reflects, Break Free
    Stun, Snare, Debilitate, Reset for all 3 plus Sigil of Castrophe
    1 GCD Curse applications, plus Sign of Asias
    ToD + Disintegration for burst

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I am thinking something like this, which looks kind of ridiculous but would probably work pretty well 1v1 assuming you survived the opposing burst.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc

It has a spammable cleanse + healing
    Absorption + Healer's Blessing
    4 healing options (Healing Breath, TtL plus Healing Invoke, Shadow Breech, Ravaging Darkness)
    Dark Passage (+ SB reset), 1 Immunity, 1 Speed Boost, 2 Reflects, Break Free
    Stun, Snare, Debilitate, Reset for all 3 plus Sigil of Castrophe
    1 GCD Curse applications, plus Sign of Asias
    ToD + Disintegration for burst
    Don't think you posted the correct link mate, it's just going to the soul builder page, not your build,

In the last few days i tried something different from my usual inquis build for OWPVP.
    with this spec i found that i can kill anything that has no decent self heals.
    Fights won't be fast ofc, but until now the best others could do against me was put the fight on a stale.
    Obviously played with MoL and without a shield.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Rift Disciple

i do not do much PvP, so my suggestion is more theorycrafting.

42 Druid/28 Justicar/6 Spare-Points

Hammer of Duty hits like a truck, especially if you manage to get your whole temporary buffs up (Combined Effort +20% Damage for 15sec and Resounding Blow +50% Damage for your next Attack).

I tried to get the additional 14% Damage Buff from Mien of Honor and the 14% Damage Buff from Light makes Right followed by CE and at 6 convictions i used Resounding Blow followed by Hammer of Duty.
    I had almost T1 Gear with aprox. 6000 SP and 900 CP and the "fully buffed" Hammer of Duty smacked the Raiddummy for about 105k.
    As i dont had the time (and gear) to run this build/rotation against one of my buddies in pvp-gear i do not know how hard this Hammer will hit in a PvP-Situation but i would give it a try.

I tossed those 6 spare-points into druid and did not have the 5 stacks of Rage Blight up so maybe there is even more "OOMPH" possible with this build.

The Druid/Justicar hybrid wants at least 3/3 "Light of Creation" in the Justicar tree.
    The best build is probably 41 Druid / 35 Justi.

It's not bad, i tried it... the burst is quite impressive but it's big flaw is that it's very kiteable (the ranged dps pet doesn't help much since it dies in 2 GCD's).
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Calidus View Post
    Don't think you posted the correct link mate, it's just going to the soul builder page, not your build,
    It was 58 Cabalist/18 Sentinel/0 Puri

I ran 2 WFs with it, the damage was not super impressive but it did lock stuff down and was very hard to kill. I did not find the Cleanse + Heal from Sent to be super effective.

I am going to also try 12 Defiler/6 Justicar and see how that plays. (Should provide decent self heals and ST cleanse and a lot more HPs at the expense of the big Sent heals.) Marrow Harvest and BoR should aid burst.

Control is a completely new play style for me, and I found knowing when to use which CC difficult to judge. I might look at some Dom guides for help.

The Trollicar is still alive and well.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmfqsl0b...GvlVdzokcfkvVh

+ Reply to Thread