+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Senticar still a thing?

Soulwalker

Default Is Senticar still a thing?

As the title suggests, does it still work?

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

No, all -icar specs were nerfed into the ground.

as of today, you run full 61 point specs. Cleric hybrids now are mostly situational, one-boss affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    as of today, you run full 61 point specs. Cleric hybrids now are mostly situational, one-boss affairs.
    not entirely true, sure the 61 point trees are often the most obvious but there are still hybrids that are perfectly viable or even better than 61. as one example, puri/sent compared to 61 sent stronger channeled healing, double aoe cleanse, most of the good cooldowns including a fast refresh of latent blaze. between those 2 spec i find that 61 sent is the one that is situational such as when you actually have need to use the 61 point ability
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

The healing hybrids I see used most include puri/sent, defiler/inquis, defiler/oracle, oracle/inquis, defiler/cab, and oracle/justicar, or defiler/justicar, and I even saw a oracle/warden hybrid posted that I liked.

They are very situational. But defiler and oracle as you can see have the most variation. They both can focus on DPS, or they can focus a bit more on healing depending on their builds. Justi builds offer reasonable splash healing in either spec as well. In raids, most builds are 61, because the raid leads want you to hyperfocus on your particular job. If you have to splash over into a hybrid spec to pick up on AOE heals, that means your AOE healers aren't doing their job. However, those types of specs are useful more so in 10 man and 5 man fights because of limited number of players, that any cross over is pretty helpful.

TLDR: If you are looking for a healing/DPS hybrid spec, defiler or oracle is the way to go.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 07-11-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    The healing hybrids I see used most include puri/sent, defiler/inquis, defiler/oracle, oracle/inquis, defiler/cab, and oracle/justicar, or defiler/justicar, and I even saw a oracle/warden hybrid posted that I like.
    Most of those aren't hybrids. Those are 61 points builds with x amount of points into a subsoul for passives or a specific ability.

The only hybrid really out there are the Oracle/Shaman or Oracle/Druid (they AREN'T 61 pt builds) PVP builds and if anyone actually still uses 54/22 Puri/Sent (which they shouldn't.) Or a few of the mediocre dungeon specs people have tossed up on the forums.
    Last edited by Riane; 07-11-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krabcat View Post
    not entirely true, sure the 61 point trees are often the most obvious but there are still hybrids that are perfectly viable or even better than 61. as one example, puri/sent compared to 61 sent stronger channeled healing, double aoe cleanse, most of the good cooldowns including a fast refresh of latent blaze. between those 2 spec i find that 61 sent is the one that is situational such as when you actually have need to use the 61 point ability
    I meant as a general use spec, not something that you respec right before a boss.

for your own example, puri/sent gives up a couple of nice cooldowns and skills in purifier for all that extra stuff.

anyhow, my point is, there are some specs that can be used on literally EVERY fight, and most 61 point builds come under this category.

I havent yet seen a hybrid thats used for general healing, atleast for clerics.

Telaran

Default Specialized build

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Most of those aren't hybrids. Those are 61 points builds with x amount of points into a subsoul for passives or a specific ability.

The only hybrid really out there are the Oracle/Shaman or Oracle/Druid (they AREN'T 61 pt builds) PVP builds and if anyone actually still uses 54/22 Puri/Sent (which they shouldn't.) Or a few of the mediocre dungeon specs people have tossed up on the forums.
    51W/21S/4D if you don't have a good necro, 51W/25S/0P if you do, for Kyzan. You don't need WoR/Mon/BB for the fight, if your PoR/Downpour are timed and HE/Ripple used otherwise, but HC/Urgency/link are great for 2healing it. When the tank announces he's about to start running to get the stack off, Urgency gives him the edge, and 45%DR with his own shields can easily get him through 10sec of beacon every minute while 7dps torch it (this assumes you don't do both at the same time, if you do it's even easier). With 4 cleanses, no need for 3rd healer and you get another spec capable of purging.

Haven't been able to get this going much in PVP though, as the 3 lost abilities are big in CQ/Scion. After all, you're not just protecting a tank, but that's why it's specialized.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ax2Grind View Post
    51W/21S/4D if you don't have a good necro, 51W/25S/0P if you do, for Kyzan. You don't need WoR/Mon/BB for the fight, if your PoR/Downpour are timed and HE/Ripple used otherwise, but HC/Urgency/link are great for 2healing it..
    OT
    I don't know much about clerics but what the **** did I just read lol, bazillions of abbreviations
    Plastic@Typhiria.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimagron View Post
    OT
    I don't know much about clerics but what the **** did I just read lol, bazillions of abbreviations
    took me a bit to figure some of them out because i just woke up but
    w=warden
    s=sentinel
    d-defiler
    p=purifier
    WoR= wave of renewal
    mon=monsoon
    BB=boson blessing
    PoR=pool of restoration
    HE=healign effusion
    HC=healing cataract
    Last edited by krabcat; 07-12-2014 at 06:25 AM.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Champion

(from a T3 prospective)

There is zero Cleric hybrids that are useful over 61pt builds for PVE raid content. There are some gimmick cleric hybrids that is somewhat useful but there are always 61pt builds that will be better.

If you don't like this you could complain to the Cleric Dev, but he has never given much of a crap towards clerics and I don't think this will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ax2Grind View Post
    51W/21S/4D if you don't have a good necro, 51W/25S/0P if you do, for Kyzan. You don't need WoR/Mon/BB for the fight, if your PoR/Downpour are timed and HE/Ripple used otherwise, but HC/Urgency/link are great for 2healing it. When the tank announces he's about to start running to get the stack off, Urgency gives him the edge, and 45%DR with his own shields can easily get him through 10sec of beacon every minute while 7dps torch it (this assumes you don't do both at the same time, if you do it's even easier). With 4 cleanses, no need for 3rd healer and you get another spec capable of purging.

Haven't been able to get this going much in PVP though, as the 3 lost abilities are big in CQ/Scion. After all, you're not just protecting a tank, but that's why it's specialized.
    I saw good and then Necro and then kind of stopped reading after that since my eyes glazed over.

Just.. no.

Drop the Necro. Pick up Defiler. Then you don't need some gimmicky awful Warden spec. To be honest, you really don't need a Warden anyway. You can do it just well with Chloro and Oracle.
    Last edited by Riane; 07-12-2014 at 11:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread