+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleric survivability problem.

Telaran

Default Cleric survivability problem.

Hit 60 on one of my characters today, decided to start farming and... Killed. Again. And again. And again.
    I tried using 61 Druid (can't remember what guide), 61 shaman (holy fire shaman), druidicar and in all cases I got obliterated. In druidicar and 61 Druid, I get enough hps to survive against 3, but I need to use the doctrine heal thing and it take 1:15-1:30 to do it. Shaman simply doesn't give enough heals.
    Is it because of my gear? I have about 2.3k SP and 12-15k HP depending on which build I use. I think I have about 10k armor.

Soulwalker

Your stats are fairly low as far as I can tell, Trying to take on more then 3 enemies is not really the best idea anyways. In the past, I always used 61 Druid for soloing and just had my heal pet out. For your offsouls you can always pack purifier which would give you a small absorb shield. You should also remember that druid provides some defensive and offensive cooldowns as well as CC. Making good use of them will expediate fights and make you survive longer. Shaman is not as good for solo farming, especially at lower gear levels.

Other then that, just don't give up! Change your strategy for farming and give it a bit more time to get into it. You may only be able to take one or two mobs at a time, which may be frustrating at first but you gotta do what you gotta do until you get more gear.
    Last edited by Spinix; 07-09-2014 at 07:21 AM.

Plane Touched

At 60 do chronicles for early gear then experts. The druidicar and similar builds can handle duo's with terrible gear solo. The Hammer of Light build I have posted can do it if you put a point in the Protector and will contribute more to your group in experts when your gear is still bad, and will give you more health to do it in.

Get the 6 slot focus from your main city for 7500 planarite and fill it with at least 6 level 60 green essences for your class. I still see lvl 60's with the starter focus trying to get in my raids.

If you can buy the crafted 53 hit rings and helmet and belt off the AH or find someone to craft them for you it will help.

Get torvan rep, join GH5 groups.

Seatin has a level 60 guide, do a search for "that one level 60 guide" and try to find the most up to date one.

Edit stupid autocorrect
    Last edited by Emtbob; 07-09-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Shadowlander

It's definitely your gear. As a T2 geared cleric I can easily solo 5+ mobs at once in a ST dps squishy spec.

I'd say to go into the rift store -> Equipment -> Armor/Weapons/Accessories and "World" section and buy the level 60 gear there with Infinity Stones. That would be a great start and probably push you over 16-18k hp, then look into getting into Chronicles and Storm Legion Experts for even better gear, then once you pass 400 hit, TDQ/IDH/FT for gear.

It's all about progression!
    Last edited by Varkrey; 07-09-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Soulwalker

My survivability spec is Holy Fire Shaman. I'm decently geared now but even when I wasn't I could survive 3, sometimes 4, mobs at once. It does take a bit of time to kill though with lower gear.

Champion of Telara

Yeah you just need to gear up a little. For early survivability if you are having trouble with Druidicar, you can go 61 Inq/ 15 Just/ 0 Sent. This will boost your endurance, give you a nice insta heal, Doctrine of Bliss, Harsh Discipline, 2x Judicial Privilege in a pinch, and Vex/ Scourge for staying topped off.

If you keep your DoTs up on multiple targets you will get a lot of passive healing.

Your problem is your weapon(s). 2.3k SP is pitifully low for a level 60. You... you're not using a shield, are you?

Your weapon is by far your biggest source of SP.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 07-09-2014 at 04:40 PM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Yeah you just need to gear up a little. For early survivability if you are having trouble with Druidicar, you can go 61 Inq/ 15 Just/ 0 Sent. This will boost your endurance, give you a nice insta heal, Doctrine of Bliss, Harsh Discipline, 2x Judicial Privilege in a pinch, and Vex/ Scourge for staying topped off.

If you keep your DoTs up on multiple targets you will get a lot of passive healing.
    bad.

druidicar has MUCH better survivablity.

if you can, go 58 Inq, 18 defiler, for beacon. its MUCH more hardy than 61 inq.

i managed to do the "kill 7 enemy in 1 minute" mini-quest in A Hero Rises chronicle in roughly 35-40 seconds by popping beacon, dotting up everything and souldrain+CoA, all with basic levelling gear (~1.9k SP, i had ****ty essences and gear level was ~lvl 55. yes, i powelevlled and didnt touch Dusken and anything after eastern holdings)

Champion of Telara

L2P Inquisitor

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Your problem is your weapon(s). 2.3k SP is pitifully low for a level 60. You... you're not using a shield, are you?

Your weapon is by far your biggest source of SP.
    Lol, I'm using the 2h staff from boneforge, standard of ancient darkness.

Seriously some weird statements in this thread. T2 you can solo 5 mobs? really lol
    you should be able to solo 8-10 out in the world normal mobs as a fresh 60
    In not quite full T1 I can solo all Chrons, and hoards of world elite mobs at once

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...itive-dps.html

Read and Use! there is no need for Druidicar spec, till you gear up more you may need to use the tank pet, he will Hold threat just fine and allow you to just kill things, until you start to out gear him, then you will use nothing but the Seer (dps Faerie NOT Healing) she actually heals you more then the healing faerie while doing decent dps. Just get in the habit of manually changing Spirits and turning Fae Dispersion on/off

That weapons is not bad, but if you mine save up mats and get a Rhenium Maul made, preferably with a Fanatic Aug
    Last edited by Eilauria; 07-09-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    Seriously some weird statements in this thread.
    T2 you can solo 5 mobs? really lol
    5 mobs? are they the elites in hive kaz'gfuu? if yes, then its alright.
    you should be able to solo 8-10 out in the world normal mobs as a fresh 60
    In not quite full T1 I can solo all Chrons, and hoards of world elite mobs at once
    LOL, now you are being silly. i bet 100 plat that a fresh NON-TWINKED lvl 60 in levelling gear CANNOT under ANY circumstance solo "8-10" normal dendrome mobs.

how many mobs can you pull at once in the starting hallway of HK chronicle?

you can solo "hordes" of elites? I'd like to see you do the big bad bugs daily, solo, with me observing.

EDIT : one word : greenscale crater. can you do it?

there is no need for Druidicar spec,
    yes, it has its uses, druidicar can be quite useful for soloing 8-10 mobs at once. infact, I've done so several times myself, in expert level gear. though I had close to 600-700 PA at that time, newer players wont have that much.

would you like to show off your claims in-game? I have lvl 60 chars on each region, feel free to take up the challenge, even a video with you doing the same will be good enough.

cheers! and dont let the bugs bite!
    Last edited by TheDoomgiver; 07-10-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varkrey View Post
    I'd say to go into the rift store -> Equipment -> Armor/Weapons/Accessories and "World" section and buy the level 60 gear there with Infinity Stones. That would be a great start and probably push you over 16-18k hp, then look into getting into Chronicles and Storm Legion Experts for even better gear, then once you pass 400 hit, TDQ/IDH/FT for gear.

It's all about progression!
    wth mate, stop giving totally bad advice. you should NEVER buy full Infinity Stone gear set. its a COLOSSAL waste of currency and time spent in farming it.

Better save ESM and buy some gear with that, its cheaper and better.

FIRST thing you should do when you hit lvl 60 is to DO CHRONICLES and after that, normal lvl 60 dungeons.

this iwll give you enough hit to do Experts. This is the fastest way to gear up. Forget about infinity stone gear, that sh*t takes too long to farm up.

you can do hero rises chronicle at first, then do the others with friends.

and you have full T2 gear and can solo 5+ mobs? thats awfully modest of you. a T2 geared cleric can safely take on atleast 10 mobs, and can prolly kill more than 15-19 at once, depending on what spec/rotation is being used.

Its highly unlikely you have any T2 gear other than feet/belt/hands. you may be ready for T2 yet, but you sure as hell arent T2 geared, unless you bought the items from store.

Plane Touched

With t2 gear you are going to have more difficulty finding the number of world mobs you can't handle than actually killing them, especially in a solo designed spec.

Rift Chaser

In drudicar when I popped 60 with sh!t gear I could solo basically an unlimited amount of non elites and with the tank pet. The aoe the tank pet does it decent enough to kill things without taking too much time. Just sounds like you aren't managing the build correctly, go read the guide again.

And to doomidiot who doesn't know how to play cleric, hit me up in game (Dreezie@greybriar) and I'll show you how to solo big bad bugs and crater dailies EASILY with just t1 gear.
    Dreezie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast