+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CAB Obliteration strategy question

Plane Touched

Default CAB Obliteration strategy question

I enjoy using a CAB-based build in CQ.

I have all three Obliterations, ToD, and 100% for Bound Fate to spread Tyranny to other nearby enemies.

With Unbounded Obliteration, Bound Fate spreads ToD to up to 8 other enemies.

With Condensed Obliteration, Bound Fate spreads ToD to up to 5 other enemies, but ToD damages for nearly twice as much damage when it procs.

The only strategy for when to use either one that I can clearly identify is that if I'm in Stillmore and only attacking an enemy extractor, I would use Condensed. Extractor + turrets = 5 enemies, it fits perfectly.

But I'm not sure about when it's a zerg-on-zerg fight. Any suggestions for when to use which version?

Thanks!

Rift Master

It may or may not be right, but I always used the condensed version. The damage increase from doing that outweighs the convenience of hitting 8 targets simultaneously most of the time.

The one exception would be times when I'm still in combat when boss on hunt rift spawns, and can't switch to a single target build. Then I use focused.

Aside from testing in random mob pulls, I don't think I've used unbounded as my 'stance' in any encounter. Not saying such encounters don't exist, but I haven't found one.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    It may or may not be right, but I always used the condensed version. The damage increase from doing that outweighs the convenience of hitting 8 targets simultaneously most of the time.

The one exception would be times when I'm still in combat when boss on hunt rift spawns, and can't switch to a single target build. Then I use focused.

Aside from testing in random mob pulls, I don't think I've used unbounded as my 'stance' in any encounter. Not saying such encounters don't exist, but I haven't found one.
    Greenscale 1st air phase. Akylios when it spawns 8 adds for when he goes underwater.

+ Reply to Thread