+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaman Theroycrafting

Default Shaman Theroycrafting

So, currently I am running 61 shaman/10 Druid/ 5 Inquisitor and while I do great ST and AOE dps, I am wondering if it is possible to get more from the spec....

Say running 61 shaman / 7 druid / 8 defiler

While you still get all your buffs and rotations maximed from the shaman/druid trees... I was wondering would putting links that you get from the defiler spec onto someone increase your overall dps output? Especially, considering that when yu apply the link to someone and they get hit, you get the stacking link which increases your dmg. And instead of vex... you have the option to DW or not DW

Thoughts??
    Faalzia -Level 60 Shammy MS/ Puri OS
    4/4 TDQiDH 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    2/4 GA 2/5 PBB 1/3 IG

Dark Water is in Cabalist, not Defiler.
    Spence <Legit>

You don't want to be using any non weapon abilities because of Pattern of Violence (vex with Rush of Strength being the exception to the rule). Massive Blow is just too strong to afford not refreshing its cooldown.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Telaran

Default This new?

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    You don't want to be using any non weapon abilities because of Pattern of Violence (vex with Rush of Strength being the exception to the rule). Massive Blow is just too strong to afford not refreshing its cooldown.
    What's the exception you're talking about? Lay out the rotation for me, because the only reason I use RoS is to immediately reuse MB and using it without frostbite, something Vex can't trigger, is a waste. Since I use a 16sec rotation due to the delay on FW falling off it's pretty much nonphysical/physical unless I'm missing info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ax2Grind View Post
    What's the exception you're talking about? Lay out the rotation for me, because the only reason I use RoS is to immediately reuse MB and using it without frostbite, something Vex can't trigger, is a waste. Since I use a 16sec rotation due to the delay on FW falling off it's pretty much nonphysical/physical unless I'm missing info.
    Massive Blow applies Brutalize on your target, which deals damage for 2 seconds after you hit them. so when you use Rush of Strength (out of Deep Freeze), you use a non physical ability to get Frostbite up, and then the hardest hitting ability which would not consume Frostbite, which is Vex (or possibly Frozen Wrath, Glacial Strike or Lightning Hammer). The order doesn't matter, so usually I use Vex first, which might let me refresh Frozen Wrath, since it usually wears off at that time of the rotation, but not reapplyable on the first ability after MB.
    If you're not using a second ability before the second Massive Blow you're losing a lot of damage from brutalize.

If it's during your cooldown block, you obviously wouldn't use Vex, as you want to get Massive Blow twice during Deep Freeze.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

10 Druid/5 Inq
    - 15% from Gifts
    - 10% Wisdom (SP)
    - 10% SP
    - 10% to all Instant Attacks
    - Armor of Devotion (5% Crit)
    - EoL (DPS Boost)
    - CE
    - Vex

Proposed 7 Druid/8 Defiler
    - 15% from Gifts
    - 20% Wisdom (SP)
    - 4% Instants Attacks
    - 3% DMG
    - CE
    - 5% from Link

-----

You're basically saccing EoL (Minor DPS boost), Vex (DPS Boost), 10% SP (Better than 10% Wisdom by far), 5% Crit and 3% to Damage.

All to gain 3% more DMG from Link. Of which is not guaranteed to be 100% up the whole time and has build up, so if its not 5 stacked you actually lose 2% Raw DMG. This is not even taking in the fact you lost 10% SP, which is much better than 10% Wisdom OR that you lost 5% Crit.

Sorry to say its not better. Even if you go 8 Druid/7 Defiler (Better since you gain back EoL without loss of anything), is inferior.

---

Side Note:
    @fufi - Brutalize is 3s. Your entire rotation there makes no sense because of that since you're clipping the last tick.

When you double MB, you sacrifice the 2 Ticks of Brutalize for it. Good and Bad, depending on the fight. Example: I would never clip Brutalize on Proteus but probably would on others.

Quote Originally Posted by LaPengo View Post
    Side Note:
    @fufi - Brutalize is 3s. Your entire rotation there makes no sense because of that since you're clipping the last tick.

When you double MB, you sacrifice the 2 Ticks of Brutalize for it. Good and Bad, depending on the fight. Example: I would never clip Brutalize on Proteus but probably would on others.
    Brutalize lasts for 3 seconds, but the third tick will happen before you hit with your second Massive Blow if you do two attacks in between.

Source: I just retested it.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

+ Reply to Thread