+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Riane

Thread: Oversaturation

Soulwalker

Default Oversaturation

Oversaturation should be a long duration debuff, to be an analogue of Viral Infection
    < NIRVANA >
    Rhoneen@Wolfsbane

Rift Chaser

i agree, in its current state it isn't worth the GCD. either buff the damage or reduce the internal CD (can nerf the damage a bit if this becomes too OP) or change it to a longer duration, even if its only 1m it will be better although 5m would be about right. if not how about a buff similar to Purifiers Eruption that deals damage to the affected players target when a nearby ally is healed, lasting 1h?

currently the only time I use any of the DoT's is before a burst DPS phase purely because they aren't worth the GCD's over Geyser most of the time (due to the heal portion). but if the duration was longer we could see a return closer to a Tanks DPS or even Chloro's.

P.S. I secretly wish they would remove the GCD like when the SL soul revamps were introduced back in 1.11. man that was awesome seeing me top the DPS meter with just ripple XD.
    Last edited by Fliptrik; 07-07-2014 at 01:41 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Well it's a bit problematic because Warden is the only healing soul (except defiler) which gets bonus dmg from the soul gift, so it could cause potential issues.

Imho Warden is fine situational soul, since encounters which require heavy AE healing are rare.

What issues exactly could appear ?

It's not right that warden is doing less dps than chloromancer when spending 100% of its GCDS on damaging abilities, especially as it has a damage increase in its gift.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    i agree, in its current state it isn't worth the GCD. either buff the damage or reduce the internal CD (can nerf the damage a bit if this becomes too OP) or change it to a longer duration, even if its only 1m it will be better although 5m would be about right. if not how about a buff similar to Purifiers Eruption that deals damage to the affected players target when a nearby ally is healed, lasting 1h?

currently the only time I use any of the DoT's is before a burst DPS phase purely because they aren't worth the GCD's over Geyser most of the time (due to the heal portion). but if the duration was longer we could see a return closer to a Tanks DPS or even Chloro's.
    It is definitely worth using over geyser in most situations along with Dehydrate and CotD. The only time it would be more important to use Geyser is during heavy sustained damage to quickly refresh DotD. Any encounter where warden really shines though there is significant downtime to maintain those dots. All 3 of those abilities are around twice the output and even Banish can replace a Geyser when healing isn't needed.

I would really like to see Healing Flood affect the entire raid so i don't have to waste 3-4 globals every 20 seconds just to make sure Invigoration is active on the entire group. That alone would open up for more damage output in between healing phases.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

the main reason I choose Geyser over the DoTs is that all targets affected by the heal, or over heal in most cases, gain the reef barrier damage reduction plus I typically use a 10 Justicar build for Salvation heals as well. yes I feel it is worth it since for Volan progression I needed the HP boost (I choose the 10% wisdom though) plus Salvation kicks out a additional 600-800 non-crit smart heal for 5 people as well as its normal heal. yea the DoT's are more powerful by a bit but im a healer so unless its a significant damage gain I don't usually bother.

Plus Geyser is a nice filler when your HoT's are all up and your CD's are not required since I get a double heal with Salvation, which allows me to cope quite well in continuous healing situations.

(it may not be perfect but it works for me, and im still able to pull 25k hps on Greenscale mini with my build )

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    the main reason I choose Geyser over the DoTs is that all targets affected by the heal, or over heal in most cases, gain the reef barrier damage reduction plus I typically use a 10 Justicar build for Salvation heals as well. yes I feel it is worth it since for Volan progression I needed the HP boost (I choose the 10% wisdom though) plus Salvation kicks out a additional 600-800 non-crit smart heal for 5 people as well as its normal heal. yea the DoT's are more powerful by a bit but im a healer so unless its a significant damage gain I don't usually bother.

Plus Geyser is a nice filler when your HoT's are all up and your CD's are not required since I get a double heal with Salvation, which allows me to cope quite well in continuous healing situations.

(it may not be perfect but it works for me, and im still able to pull 25k hps on Greenscale mini with my build )
    What dps do you actually pull?

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    I would really like to see Healing Flood affect the entire raid [...]
    Oh you mean like how Mass Casualty Response works?!

I'd really like to see every class get a "defiler" type spec!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Oh you mean like how Mass Casualty Response works?!
    MCR pretty much has to work like this or it would be a miserable ability to manage. Healing Flood is not quite to that extreme but the concept is the same. It should be raid wide as it provides an essential buff and there is no way for us to guarantee its uptime on the raid without spamming it several times. It wouldn't make the ability overpowered or anything, simply a qol issue.
    Last edited by haybale; 07-09-2014 at 08:49 AM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    MCR pretty much has to work like this or it would be a miserable ability to manage. Healing Flood is not quite to that extreme but the concept is the same. It should be raid wide as it provides an essential buff and there is no way for us to guarantee its uptime on the raid without spamming it several times. It wouldn't make the ability overpowered or anything, simply a qol issue.
    And spamming Healing Flood isn't a miserable ability to manage? Especially considering the mana usage required (no matter how little it is) vs power that automatically regens (because.. yeah.)

MCR isn't even miserable to manage, at least in my opinion. Old school Warden makes Lib look like herp.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    And spamming Healing Flood isn't a miserable ability to manage? Especially considering the mana usage required (no matter how little it is) vs power that automatically regens (because.. yeah.)

MCR isn't even miserable to manage, at least in my opinion. Old school Warden makes Lib look like herp.
    It isn't as bad as MCR would be on 10 targets. Imagine trying to maintain 3 stacks on everyone in the raid if it functioned like Healing Flood but on a 15 second timer. MCR is very simple like it is affecting the entire raid along with only having a 1 second gcd.

Regardless, I was agreeing that HF should affect the entire raid, only saying that the impact of it only hitting a random 10 is much less than if MCR hit a random 10 each time.
    Last edited by haybale; 07-09-2014 at 10:17 AM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by harrydesmart View Post
    What dps do you actually pull?
    on an average fight im anywhere between 2.5-4k dps (depending on the healing requirement) but on fights with burst phases (i.e. Proteus) or little AoE burst healing (i.e. Kyzan) i can reach upwards of 5k. (my gear is using a 4set T1 bonus with everything else T2 as I cant afford the play time to farm for my new synergy crystals )

on a fight like the Greenscale Mini my DPS is prob 2k-2.5k max due to the heavy CD and healing rotation required (but then using a DoT over the occasional geyser on that fight probally isn't a good idea either way when the raid is sticking to max debuff stacks and taking so much damage)

+ Reply to Thread