+ Reply to Thread

Thread: possible oracle bug

Telaran

Default possible oracle bug

well was mucking about with a few oracle builds i have -- trying this and that as one does-- well came across something odd , not sure if its know about or not .
    with each build i have, i have points in the increase Insignia of blood by % of ones spellpower,
    i noticed that just using alacrity and then Insignia of blood so Insignia of blood becomes instant not 1 time did i reach the base tooltip dps number, ok the tooltip number changed as my the spell effects kicked in but even so never did it reach the base number at any time. Even on a 61 base build so nothing is muddled as far as point allocation goes on the oracle -- same thing. yes the differing specs had an effect on crits etc and that sort of stuff but the base numbers seemed common to all --
    i do wonder if the tooltip takes into account the increase from spell power but the actual effect on target doent, something is odd to be sure ,
    pondering if one of you bright lads could take a nosey at it see what you come up with taaa

Ascendant

Are you taking into account the resists that the target has naturally. Some non oracle builds with heavy resist/armor penetration may reach near tooltip values on the target dummy outside of raid but generally it will be lower. Oracle has none of this unless you are actually debuffing the target so those values may seem unusually low.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Telaran

casting curse of consumption 7%(increases non physical dps on target) also having scouring waves specced in on a full build with a 6% resistance ignore
    still dont get close to base tooltip value -- comes to something when you got to have shed loads of debuffs on just to reach tooltip dps if thats the case and armour bypasses in your spec -- tbh i dont think the debufffs etc are the problem at all -- as a class oracle is a debuffer anyway so i am finding it well odd and am pondering that something is amiss

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by pennyred View Post
    casting curse of consumption 7%(increases non physical dps on target) also having scouring waves specced in on a full build with a 6% resistance ignore
    still dont get close to base tooltip value -- comes to something when you got to have shed loads of debuffs on just to reach tooltip dps if thats the case and armour bypasses in your spec -- tbh i dont think the debufffs etc are the problem at all -- as a class oracle is a debuffer anyway so i am finding it well odd and am pondering that something is amiss
    Nothing is amiss as the reduction i am seeing is consistent across every ability. Even on the PTS with full debuffs on the target you will not hit for tooltip value on the level 62 raid dummies. Inquisitor may be the exception to that since it has a 30% and 20% ignore in the spec but i haven't looked at it personally
    Haybale@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by pennyred View Post
    also having scouring waves specced in on a full build with a 6% resistance ignore
    Realistically with the way armor pen and resist ignore works, 6% is probably only around a 1% dps gain max. I could be a bit off on that though.
    Last edited by haybale; 06-26-2014 at 12:43 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread