+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KelbornOrdo

Thread: Great AoE Healing Builds?

Soulwalker

Default Great AoE Healing Builds?

Hey all I've not played in a good while and when I did last play (start of ID) DoL was kind of the shizz for AoE healing. I was wondering if that is still the case or if there are far better setups for healing. I don't have either of the extended class packs so preferably something that just has the primary roles. Thanks guys

What you are referring to was one of the "-icar" specs, most likely Senticar, Inquisicar, or Shamicar.

They were killed off a long, long time ago.

Right now your choices for AoE healing are Chloromancer, Warden, and Liberator (requires Dream Soul purchase).

Chloromancer (Mage) comes with high sustained healing and moderate burst healing, extra raid DPS and a raid DPS cooldown. Warden (Cleric) has moderate sustained healing and large burst healing. Liberator (Warrior) has very high sustained healing and relatively low burst healing.

There's just nothing really along the lines of the old "-icar" specs anymore. Cleric's new Oracle soul (requires Dream Soul pack purchase) can take 12 points into Warden and be a Support with some decent burst healing (with a 1min cooldown). That's really the closest thing right now, and it's not even close.

Should you decide to stick with Cleric, let me point you over to Ahov's Warden guide. Should Warden not be your cup of tea, here's his Chloro guide as well.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    What you are referring to was one of the "-icar" specs, most likely Senticar, Inquisicar, or Shamicar.

They were killed off a long, long time ago.

Right now your choices for AoE healing are Chloromancer, Warden, and Liberator (requires Dream Soul purchase).
    Someone is neglecting JUSTSENTBESTSENT and phystact.

There is still a viable healing spec that uses DOL, but it also a tanking spec and is much less lenient on mistakes than other specs. Safest aoe healing one for clerics is Warden, link was provided in previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTSENTBESTSENT View Post
    Someone is neglecting JUSTSENTBESTSENT and phystact.

There is still a viable healing spec that uses DOL, but it also a tanking spec and is much less lenient on mistakes than other specs. Safest aoe healing one for clerics is Warden, link was provided in previous post.
    Well, for one OP said he didn't have the Storm Legion or Dream Soul packs, so that rules out Phystician.

And what is this Just/Sent spec? Haven't seen anything about it on the forums. Might be useful for Experts and if you overgear T1 with a bad healer, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    Well, for one OP said he didn't have the Storm Legion or Dream Soul packs, so that rules out Phystician.

And what is this Just/Sent spec? Haven't seen anything about it on the forums. Might be useful for Experts and if you overgear T1 with a bad healer, at least.
    it is no longer relevant, healing bonuses use to count toward salvation healing(from justicar) so it was able to heal for a lot, but they removed it quite a while ago.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Plane Touched

There's a 54 Justicar/ 22 Sent that will allow you to solo heal and tank experts if you way overgear it. Overall healing output is poor for anything larger, but it does have some OK AoE burst healing and some tank CD's.

It would be nice to have a good hybrid option.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post
    There's a 54 Justicar/ 22 Sent that will allow you to solo heal and tank experts if you way overgear it. Overall healing output is poor for anything larger, but it does have some OK AoE burst healing and some tank CD's. .
    You're playing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTSENTBESTSENT View Post
    You're playing it wrong.
    i looked around and did not see any posts on the just/sent build and when i tried it myself it was hard to get an accurate reading on the spec because the healer and support were not very cooperative, i ended up clicking off their heal buffs several times

i hope to try a few more iterations later today to try to fix some of the issues that i could get a look at but i am thinking it might be pretty solidly limited to experts because in order to get good SP you sacrifice quite a bit of health
    Last edited by krabcat; 06-30-2014 at 06:11 AM.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by krabcat View Post
    i looked around and did not see any posts on the just/sent build and when i tried it myself it was hard to get an accurate reading on the spec because the healer and support were not very cooperative, i ended up clicking off their heal buffs several times

i hope to try a few more iterations later today to try to fix some of the issues that i could get a look at but i am thinking it might be pretty solidly limited to experts because in order to get good SP you sacrifice quite a bit of health
    I've used it in both T2 and T3 raids. It's pretty baller.

+ Reply to Thread