+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabalist/Defiler 50lvl+ AOE problems

Soulwalker

Default Cabalist/Defiler 50lvl+ AOE problems

Up to lvl 50 i was nothing to complain about. My Cabalist with Defilers beacon (only 20 points in the tree) was pure meat machine. I could effectively take 3-5 mobs with equal or little bit higher lvl on my beacon. Sometimes with some havier opponnents i had to heal beacon and make second detonation. But with achlemy, meals and scrolls on me i could stand even those hairy situations.
    I chose Cabalist purely because of detonation of Tyrrany of Death . It reminds me very much the best moments with Warlock's Seed of Corruption from Burning Crusade times.

But not anymore...

From about 50-52 lvl cabalist started to be very tough to play. Even with meals, pots and scrolls i can barely take 3 mobs. Beacon started to be very weak, now on 54lvl with 3 mobs equal to me i can barely heal it just after first detonation (which means after 3-4 global cooldowns).
    But what annoys me the most is that Tyrany of Death with Disintegration are almost worthless. Before 50lvl with Condensed Obliteration on i could take 50%HP and more from 3 mobs with one detonation. Now im taking about 20-25% which is ridiculous. This makes all effort of spreading and detonating worthless.

I dont know if its my fault, my gear (purely from quests and from AH, nothing from dungeons or warfronts) or just mobs on this lvl. Im looking arround for other builds because this one from my favourive became most annoying. Im trying Defilers tree but with great survivalability came weak offense - killing mobs down is taking aaaageeeess.

Any advices really appreciated.

Rift Master

The 50 and under in non storm legion areas have a different set of stat expectations than storm legion areas (Dusken, Brevane). Doing the first few story quests in Cape Jule/Pelladane nets you some green gear with far superior stats than any prior blues/purples/maybe oranges. The mobs in storm legion zones have higher health pools and hit a lot harder. I rarely play my cabalist build, unless I'm farming lower level stuff for mats (5 levels under me generally).

Between 50 and 55, I had to revisit the druid spec due to its higher survival abilities, and the sheer amount of aggro in certain areas of storm legion zones. It would be nice if cabby had some built in survival skills (aside from the 1m cd damage/heal). It's not a great solo spec for storm legion zones, though I still feel its a far more efficient setup than any other cleric soul for things like onslaughts and hunt rifts.

Telaran

To make the beacon last longer with Cabalist/Defiler in Storm Legion areas you need to put bit more points into Defiler.

With 27 points you can grab 2/2 Rampant Growth which makes your beacon get foul growth heal stacks every time you cast damage spell. After few damage spell casts, cast a loathsome restoration on your pet or make a macro that does it (cast @pet loathsome restoration). Now when ever your beacon is low you can trigger those foul growth stacks with that macro healing the beacon back to full again.

Also keeping defiler HoT (Hideous reconstruction) on beacon will even out the incoming damage a lot.

While building up to 27 defiler, be sure to pick up Husk of indifference, Cardial Conversion and Scarred Heart these talents will make yourself stay alive allowing you to pull more.

If you are planning to go bit more deeper into defiler be sure to pick up Dark Impulses and Grim Euphoria (with rage blight buff), these will buff your damage considerably with defiler and cabalist spells.

Soulwalker

Yep, Caritsu does have right, even though i already come to it by my self. I sacrificed my Well of Souls and Sign of Asias for 12 points more in defilers tree and suprisingly they make tremendous difference. Thanks to Rampant Growth healing beacon takes only 1 click which gives me a time to take care about damage and in combination with Scarred Heart along with Cardinal Conversion i dont have to heal myself so much as well. Hideous Reconstruction and purifier's shield (symbol of the torch) greatly help in "hairy" situations and Dangers to Come + Grief Blight finally make Siphon Vitality really handfull when pulling more than 3 mobs.

In the end, the conclusion is that cabalist tactic "faster kills with more dmg=less healing needed" stops working in 50+lvl. Your main burst (Tyrany of Death + Desintegration) is just to weak now to take mobs down before your and your beacon HP drops below 60%. Some healing and absorbing is a must

If you are planning to go bit more deeper into defiler be sure to pick up Dark Impulses and Grim Euphoria (with rage blight buff), these will buff your damage considerably with defiler and cabalist spells.
    Yea shame that I wont be able to have Unholy Nexus. As pure Defiler, this in combination Siphon Vitality and Bond of Torment made me almost invincible.

Thank you all for replies.

Soulwalker

I leveled my Cleric as a Inquisitor 40 /Defiler 34 / Purifier 2 (I think I may just go Defiler 36?) and this is what I am at 60. (I think this is how I spent my points, and someone can suggest something better go ahead).

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#n...9g/UkliF0gs/md

I found that with Inquisitor I can survive a bit more with Harsh Discipline, and the AOE was not too bad (Soul Drain with Fanaticism, followed by Circle of Oblivion). As well as keeping up DoT's from Defiler as needed.

I chose Inquisitor over Cabalist also because I seemed to be able to take Single targets down faster with Inquisitor since there are a few areas where it is harder to group them up.

I did try the Shaman Druid leveling, and while effective I got bored of only hitting one button essentially over and over again. Two macros, one for Single Target, another for Multi Target.

+ Reply to Thread