+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player...

Default Returning player...

Been gone for I think 2 years now, deciding to give Rift another try. I have a level 50 cleric, that was when I stopped playing very well geared.

What has changed? I used to do a lot of pvp.

How is cleric in pvp now? What are good effective souls to work with? how about pve?

Returning to the game is overwhelming.

I logged in, and my first thought was "I don't know how to play this game anymore."

I feel lost, I don't even know where to begin my research to get caught back up. Any help, and I mean any help would be immensely appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Telaran

I can only speak for the PVP aspect but heres a basic rundown:

Sent- Basically what everyone thinks clerics should be, lots of CDs but inbetween CDs your good heals come from casts which can be a pain in the *** cause everyone pretty much has interrupts that debilitate too

Puri- Amazing single target healer, well really a shielder. Best CD in the game imo and some really good others. Their sustain healing is kinda a rotation and its a channel which is a pain to get off if youre against people who know how it works (debilitating interrupts). I usually run this over sent. Not very mobile though.

Defiler- My favorite healer, great for burst healing and has the best HoT in the game. Slap it on a few people and itll keep them topped off for the most part. Also can link people it reduce the damage they take. Everything you have is an instant cast so its super mobile. Downside with Defiler is that its super mana hungry.

Inq- My go to DPS. Great all around caster with good damage and JP makes them pretty sturdy. Downside is their burst isnt that great compared to other casters, altough they just sustain a good amount though.

Shaman- Don't recommend this unless you have good heals, very squishey but it can put out a ton of damage, this is our melee dps spec. I don't play it that much.

Oracle- IMO only the hybrid is worth playing in a WF setting, which is 4 inq, 31 shaman, 41 oracle and the rotation is stupid easy . The burst from this spec is arguably the best in the game, but its sustain is terrible. The 61 version is basically a bard with shields instead of healing.

Warden- Never play this in a WF, people will argue and say its viable, but the other specs are 100x better for WFs. If im dps I always kill wardens first for an easy kill.

Cabalist- Mixed feelings here, they redid it recently and the amount of CC it provides is just insane, but its an aoe damaging spec. It does have an ability what switches most of its abilitys to single target but its really sub par ST dps. Check out bneals guide on these forums for more on the new cab.

You can find guide for most of these specs somewhere in the forums, or if you need more help you can message me in game at Whoryen@deepwood, id be happy to help you out.

Welcome back!!!!!!

Rift Chaser

If you want to enjoy in lock boxes more than ever, then dont play pvp with cleric

Quote Originally Posted by jebeninick View Post
    If you want to enjoy in lock boxes more than ever, then dont play pvp with cleric
    I don't understand what this means... >.> sorry...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ciphon View Post
    I don't understand what this means... >.> sorry...
    ups sorry missed one word.

"If you want to enjoy in lock boxes game more than ever, then dont play pvp with cleric "

that means cleric is bad for pvp dont use it go for ultauberawesome rogue class instead.
    Last edited by jebeninick; 06-21-2014 at 05:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread