+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best healing spec for dungeons?

Telaran

Default Best healing spec for dungeons?

I've been having issues healing in dungeons.

Dungeons vary between needing tank heals and aoe heals, and I've had problems balancing the two.

61 Sentinel have all you need.

Most of the time just use Healing Invocation on the tank. If you're having trouble keeping him up alive, you have Fullness of Life or Healer's Covenant available, and if you don't have these, you can refresh themwith Renewed Altruism. You can also switch a bit to Crucial Invocation but that will burn your mana rather quickly. But as you can see, plenty of tools to keep the tank up.

As for the rest of the group, you have an AOE cleanse, and Healing Breath will work wonders thanks to Enraptured Breath and Faith Rewarded. Subtle Invocation also is a fast spot heal that works fine to heal up one person.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post

Most of the time just use Healing Invocation on the tank. If you're having trouble keeping him up alive, you have Fullness of Life or Healer's Covenant available, and if you don't have these, you can refresh themwith Renewed Altruism. You can also switch a bit to Crucial Invocation but that will burn your mana rather quickly. But as you can see, plenty of tools to keep the tank up.

As for the rest of the group, you have an AOE cleanse, and Healing Breath will work wonders thanks to Enraptured Breath and Faith Rewarded. Subtle Invocation also is a fast spot heal that works fine to heal up one person.

Keeping the tank up is no problem its keeping the team up.

Healing Breath doesnt seem to heal enough

The only fight in expert I can think of with a lot of aoe damage is Valthundr, but even there I don't have that much trouble. I never did Realm of the twisted dream or Return to deepstrike with blue gear though, and I'm guessing these are really hard to heal then.

But appart from these fights, if your team is taking a lot of aoe damage and you cannot control it, it's probably them standing in bad or not properly dealing with mechanics.

If you're really having trouble with aoe healing, I suggest you put 12 points in warden as a subsoul. Healing Cataract combine with Faith Rewarded is very good for dungeon healing
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Prophet of Telara

If I'm forced to heal (grr) and I'm on a cleric I'll use 61 sent/15 puri because unless the rest of your team is literally stationary and unable to get out of any bad at all, it'll be fine with all of the bonus healing. Just don't rely on spamming AoE heals and instead make use of the fact your ST heals will also heal others nearby. Save healing breath and your various CDs and buffs like nyol and ttl for healing DPSers who derp. Covenant, fullness and emergency CIs will keep the tank going through big spikes if regular HI isn't enough. Remember to bring mana pots if you have to CI the tank a lot.

Otherwise I guess you could use a puri/warden hybrid of some type which is what a guildie of mine uses to good effect. I'm pretty sure the spec for that is lurking somewhere in the cleric guides section.

EDIT: Oh in bad gear as a 61 sent the Valthundyr fight was a pain if everyone coudn't be bothered to get in for frostbound, and chekaroth if no one went for warmth orbs, but RtD was fine. Perhaps excepting the manslaughter-upgrade boss.
    Last edited by Islesi; 06-13-2014 at 05:06 AM.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

dbe
    General of Telara

You didn't mention your level but I'll assume it's 60. Macro healing flare to healing breath and use it to touch up the group. In most cases they shouldn't be taking much damage so huge aoe heals aren't necessary. HB will hit 3 people and even HF will splash because of your buffs. I try to pre-shield people if I know a big aoe is coming, even with only 15 in purifier my shield will put about an 8k absorb on people.

You can also use touch the light and healer's haste to put out quick healing communions when divine call is on cooldown.

But overall, there's no way to know what the problem is without seeing your group. Often time people just stand in the bad and if you're new to the content you don't know that it's damage you're not supposed to be worrying about.

Rift Chaser

For me I prefer 61 puri over sentinel for dungeon healing. Sentinel is very effective as well, I just like being able to shield the whole group, so when players do stand in bad there is much more room for error. I have been using 61 puri ever since I popped 60 and was in pretty horrible gear, so I know it can be done at low gear levels.

Sentinel seems to be the go-to spec for dungeon healing, but just thought I would throw out what works well for me. Also, getting good with puri in dungeons is good practice for raids, as opposed to sentinel, which doesn't get a lot of use in raids outside of a few encounters.
    Dreezie

Shield of Telara

I used to use 58 sent/18 warden as my expert healer when gear was more of an issue. it was something like: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#qgOG68/pGaGyJkll54/m

But now days I just use my raid 61 Purifier spec and pre-shield the party constantly and use flame of life as the emergency party heal up. I top up party members with healing breath and healing flare. I use this spec for everything except the last boss of deepstrike where i still use 61 warden since there is no tank healing required. I am t2/3 geared though so my purifier shields may be significantly stronger than yours.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

61 sent is the best IMO

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Enshu View Post
    61 sent is the best IMO
    61 Puri is the best IMO.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Everyone that suggested 61 Sent is an idiot. Please don't listen to them.

61 puri, keep group shielded for predictable damage. Sent is reactive healing. You're waiting for people to take damage, then healing it. This can cause you to panic, especially if you're newer. 61 Puri you can just keep everyone shielded and spam WoFlame x2, WoFire x1. Hell, I don't have mana issues anymore so I just spam WoFlame, and save WoFire proc to top up anyone who majorly derps. Use cooldowns like Fiery Will + Gathering of Flames, or Flame of Life, to top up massive group damage, especially since they're all on 1 minute cooldowns. Keep Latent Blaze on yourself first, tank second, squishy dps third.
    Last edited by Mav986; 06-14-2014 at 05:48 AM.

Rift Disciple

I would suggest the 51 Purifier. With 25 Points Sentinel you'll get a 3-people Healing breath, some nice cooldowns and boost to your raw healing. You also get a second AoE dispell which also does a small amount of healing and has a reduced global cooldown, and a single target dispell with the same benefits as the AoE dispell.

I would not use this build for Raid-Progression (except second boss GA) as you want the 7% damage reduce signet, Fiery Will and other damn good Cooldowns from 61 purifier.

But its a nearly perfect build for any expert dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    Keep Latent Blaze on yourself first, tank second, squishy dps third.
    Wait... you can use Latent Blaze on multiple people? TIL

Also, I'm not an idiot and I would have suggested both specs.
    Last edited by Yaarielle; 06-14-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post

Most of the time just use Healing Invocation on the tank.
    I noticed that spamming this has not been too successful for me through mid-50's dungeons. There seem to be situations where the tank takes too much damage too fast, and I'll burn through Symbol of the Torch and Healing Breath, and be left watching the tank get whacked. I'm running a basic Sent/Puri spec.

To me it feels like I can't react quickly enough to spikes with Healing Invocation. The cast time seems about .5 s too long.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me get over the hump?

Quote Originally Posted by JosuaLackhand View Post
    I noticed that spamming this has not been too successful for me through mid-50's dungeons. There seem to be situations where the tank takes too much damage too fast, and I'll burn through Symbol of the Torch and Healing Breath, and be left watching the tank get whacked. I'm running a basic Sent/Puri spec.

To me it feels like I can't react quickly enough to spikes with Healing Invocation. The cast time seems about .5 s too long.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me get over the hump?
    Storm Legion dungeons are always very hard for the tank/healer while leveling because 99% of tanks don't have the proper gear to actually tank these dungeons, so they get hit much much harder than they should.

My suggestion is to spec as much into sentinel as you can and use your cooldowns often. If that doesn't work, then you will probably have to use a second spec into deep purifier, which has better tank cooldowns, but you might struggle healing your group. If all else fails, ask the group for a support or a secondary healer.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 06-16-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast