+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric DPS questions

Soulwalker

Default Cleric DPS questions

I recently upgraded a few pieces of gear from t1 to t2 which increased my SP by about 50, and my CP by about 200. I lost around 80 spell crit or so, but overall my stats improved quite a bit.

Something I was not expecting happened when I started parsing.

My inq spec ST dps went up about 2.5k...around 18.5k or so, but my sham spec remained the same..around 19.5k.

I am confused as to why this is. I know I am not the best cleric nor do I have the best gear, but I would imagine that my sham spec should have seen an increase as well? I wasn't expecting my inq to improve as much as it did.

I parsed for around 5 minutes each time 3 times with each spec. Was this just a weird glitch? Or is there something else going on?

Thanks for any help.

Champion of Telara

Most Inquisitor abilities have talents that scale them with Spellpower, and Inquisitor also has good Crit talents and cooldowns that will take advantage of the higher CP well, especially Nysyr's.

I can't speak for Shaman, but Crit Power and Spell Power are both very good stats for Inq.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by R0bby View Post
    I recently upgraded a few pieces of gear from t1 to t2 which increased my SP by about 50, and my CP by about 200. I lost around 80 spell crit or so, but overall my stats improved quite a bit.

Something I was not expecting happened when I started parsing.

My inq spec ST dps went up about 2.5k...around 18.5k or so, but my sham spec remained the same..around 19.5k.

I am confused as to why this is. I know I am not the best cleric nor do I have the best gear, but I would imagine that my sham spec should have seen an increase as well? I wasn't expecting my inq to improve as much as it did.

I parsed for around 5 minutes each time 3 times with each spec. Was this just a weird glitch? Or is there something else going on?

Thanks for any help.
    post your breakdowns.

I can't speak for Cleric but for my Rogue/Warrior when I got Torvan/Lycini essences my dps went up for 3-4k easy.

That is all 6 CP essences.
    Last edited by VolitheBear; 06-12-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post
    I can't speak for Cleric but for my Rogue/Warrior when I got Torvan/Lycini essences my dps went up for 3-4k easy.

That is all 6 CP essences.
    Yeah my dps has been going up with my upgrades very steadily, but for some reason it seemed to just stop(with my sham spec) with these last 2 upgrades. Again my inq dps went up a lot more than I expected, but my sham dps basically stayed the same, maybe a couple hundred dps increase.

I have been working a lot lately and will try to get some breakdowns posted tonight when I get a chance to play.

Soulwalker

Bare in mind that there is a lot of RNG when you check your DPS, this is due to whether or not you crit. In general my shaman has always been 2-3k higher than my inquisitor DPS and both seem to be increasing with each new upgrade.

It really hurts when your Massive Blow/Combined Efforts don't crit as shaman. Whereas for inquisitor the damage is spread out among lots of DoTs. (Ofcourse it still hurts if Nysyr's/BOD dont crit).

Sometimes a 4 min parse with shaman will have 100% crits on Massive Blow, others it could have 0%.

Shaman benefits a lot from critpower upgrades, but you should be aiming for the CP cap for both specs anyway. SP is slightly more useful for Inquisitor but you need it for both.
    Vaelir@Gelidra EU
    Cleric of <Stack on 8>
    3/3 IG, 5/5 PBB, 2/4 BoB

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelir View Post
    Bare in mind that there is a lot of RNG when you check your DPS, this is due to whether or not you crit. In general my shaman has always been 2-3k higher than my inquisitor DPS and both seem to be increasing with each new upgrade.

It really hurts when your Massive Blow/Combined Efforts don't crit as shaman. Whereas for inquisitor the damage is spread out among lots of DoTs. (Ofcourse it still hurts if Nysyr's/BOD dont crit).

Sometimes a 4 min parse with shaman will have 100% crits on Massive Blow, others it could have 0%.

Shaman benefits a lot from critpower upgrades, but you should be aiming for the CP cap for both specs anyway. SP is slightly more useful for Inquisitor but you need it for both.

Don't trust Vaelir hes a noob

Heartseeker

+ Reply to Thread