+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Inquisitor PVE dps falling behind again

  1. #1
    Shadowlander ScroTar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    25

    Default Inquisitor PVE dps falling behind again

    I have noticed in the past few weeks that my Inquisitors dps has started to fall dramatically behind other ranged specs, I am 3pce T2 geared and do ~ 17-20k ST in raids, but am being stomped by Warlocks, Tempests and Rangers, by not a small amount.
    Today in FT on Crucia where I am usually competetive I was between 7-8k behind other ranged specs and I was doing 18k.
    Am I doing something wrong or has something changed that I am not aware of.

  2. #2
    Telaran Xannziee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Interesting as Iv had problems with that soul 2. But I cant compare as its fairly new to me so I thought It was my fault 100%... but i did higher dps wif my necromancer at lvl 58 (cleric has hit 411 so not high but mage was a lot lower...). So it feels strange. Interesting to hear if others have had similar issues. I only want to heal now as my dps sux so bad :/

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScroTar View Post
    I have noticed in the past few weeks that my Inquisitors dps has started to fall dramatically behind other ranged specs, I am 3pce T2 geared and do ~ 17-20k ST in raids, but am being stomped by Warlocks, Tempests and Rangers, by not a small amount.
    Today in FT on Crucia where I am usually competetive I was between 7-8k behind other ranged specs and I was doing 18k.
    Am I doing something wrong or has something changed that I am not aware of.
    Inquisitor being 7-8k behind puts it 5k behind Marksman, and inquisitor is higher than marksman... you sure you are not lagging or something?

    A T2 geared marksman can easily break 20k in raid fyi, and marksman is the probably the lowest ranged DPS ingame.

  4. #4
    Champion Yaarielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScroTar View Post
    I have noticed in the past few weeks that my Inquisitors dps has started to fall dramatically behind other ranged specs, I am 3pce T2 geared and do ~ 17-20k ST in raids, but am being stomped by Warlocks, Tempests and Rangers, by not a small amount.
    Today in FT on Crucia where I am usually competetive I was between 7-8k behind other ranged specs and I was doing 18k.
    Am I doing something wrong or has something changed that I am not aware of.
    I also have 2 pieces of T2 (SP instead of CP because I'm trying to gear up to be a healer) and the T2 ring from the shop so I only have about 502 CP. And that's what I do in most fights, 18-20k ST, 21k if I'm lucky. In the dummy foundry on PTS, I do around 21 850 dps with my gear after 18 min of testing without the Rage Blight buff, which would bring me to around 22 940 dps.

    If MM really do 20k with my level of gear, then I too feel like I'm doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Yaarielle; 06-08-2014 at 11:07 AM.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    In full t1 gear Inquisitor was doing 17-17.8k on the dummy (no dream orbs). I know this because I parsed myself prior to Infinity Gate release, plenty of times in the months leading up to it.

    Shaman was around 19k, though of course this is irrelevant to the topic.

    My point is, with full raid buffs and t1 gear, especially since Dream Orbs are available these days, you guys should easily pull 20k+ in a raid environment if you're playing it correctly.

    That being said, Inquisitor is definitely behind Warlock, Tempest and Ranger. Shaman is leagues behind warrior melee specs (Paragon and Warpest). Since these higher specs have been so high for so long, it only makes sense to buff Inquisitor and Shaman to appropriate levels again. Considering how disconnect-unfriendly Shaman is, it either needs a rework or literally needs to be top melee dps overall. People from other callings toss out how you can immediately switch to AoE as a shaman, but in reality no one does this because of the severe ST dps loss. That argument should not even be considered by Kervik.

    Buffs please. The fact that I was bringing my alt warrior to Magcilian progression so I can lolWarpest my way to 40k dps with T2 gear is just embarrassing.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-08-2014 at 01:01 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    blah blah blah
    Inquisitor and shaman is where they should be factoring in Inqqisitqr's insane utilities on par with MM and shqmqn's insane AoE capability.

    But whatever tho bro/sis I am sure for you Inquisitor should be Tempest ST and MM utilities (and maybe with warlock cleaving and doul/triple dotting too right?), and Shaman should be Paragon ST and Champion AoE.

    Typical.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Inquisitor and shaman is where they should be factoring in Inqqisitqr's insane utilities on par with MM and shqmqn's insane AoE capability.

    But whatever tho bro/sis I am sure for you Inquisitor should be Tempest ST and MM utilities (and maybe with warlock cleaving and doul/triple dotting too right?), and Shaman should be Paragon ST and Champion AoE.

    Typical.
    Not talking about PvP, don't care about that right now. Unless you actually believe that because we have one ranged spec (ONE) and it has a purge, that we should suffer thousands less dps than other specs? That would be a rather pathetic viewpoint.

    I don't even know what your main class is, but it would be pretty dumb if I claimed you wanted it to be godmode, best at everything, without any evidence to back it up. I never once suggested Shaman should have high passive aoe and Paragon-level ST. Shaman's aoe is currently not even an argument for the spec to have low ST because, please tell me which fights benefit from it??? You lose so much ST by AoEing that you're better off having warlocks Radiate, or some AoE specialists such as Saboteur which aren't as terrible ST.

    Honestly, when was the last time you saw a cleric topping the meter? If you mention any date in 2014, you're either lying or your warriors are terrible.

    edit: and no, that isn't an invitation to come in and claim I want clerics topping the meter all the time. In a balanced game, clerics will top the meter at least some of the time, given certain crit RNG.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-08-2014 at 02:50 PM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    yea we don't want to look at where clerics excel at, lets ignore pvp lets focusing on buffing clerics period.
    Actually if your thousands behind ranger you need to l2p better bro/sis (not sure what you are). Or maybe you are just making things up again?

    I have no idea if you can play or not, all I remember about you was when you were posting ~2 minutes parses and calling them legit (remember all your 2:40 harbinger parses ending right as EA drops off and ****s and giggles).

    Maybe you are a good player *maybe* but you sure had no clue on how to do a correct parse and all you had was how pyro was so great vs inq (according to your 1:45 parse) and how harbinger is so high vs shaman (according to your 2:37 parse) while ignoring CP scaling issue between PTS testing vs live (which favored clerics greatly over mages in case you have zero clue about how rift works).

    And look at where pyromancer and harbinger is at now.... yea thanks but no thanks... you sure know what you are talking about.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Actually if your thousands behind ranger you need to l2p better bro/sis (not sure what you are). Or maybe you are just making things up again?

    I have no idea if you can play or not, all I remember about you was when you were posting ~2 minutes parses and calling them legit (remember all your 2:40 harbinger parses ending right as EA drops off and ****s and giggles).

    Maybe you are a good player *maybe* but you sure had no clue on how to do a correct parse and all you had was how pyro was so great vs inq (according to your 1:45 parse) and how harbinger is so high vs shaman (according to your 2:37 parse) while ignoring CP scaling issue between PTS testing vs live (which favored clerics greatly over mages in case you have zero clue about how rift works).

    And look at where pyromancer and harbinger is at now.... yea thanks but no thanks... you sure know what you are talking about.
    Evidence, evidence, evidence. Where have I posted a 1:45 parse in any argument?

    Just out of curiosity I even when back to that Pyro is Overpowered thread and all I mention are parses near four minutes.

    http://i.imgur.com/ISLMIKK.jpg There was someone named Xarog who may or may not main a cleric who posted a 2:53 parse favoring Harbinger.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-08-2014 at 04:16 PM.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    I think it's funny how you pretend to not know who Ahov is but goes in to intricate detail about his parse videos, parse times, and what classes he plays.

    The reason why you do this whole "bro/sis" thing is to somehow take away someone's "fame" from the forums by indicating that you know nothing about said person. Your futile attempts at doing that are incredibly embarrassing. Really, it's embarrassing because it's so obvious. I've seen you do it so many times it's lost it's umph, if it ever had any. Please just stop, it's just incredibly toxic and brings nothing positive to the discussion.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Evidence, evidence, evidence. Where have I posted a 1:45 parse in any argument?
    Why would I dig into your history to should you your own arguments when you said pyro and harb is in good place way ahead of inq and harbinger.

    Seems you ran out of arguments, so gg bro/sis.

    fyi since it looks like you have no idea that inquisitor gets significantly more dps on 2 to 3 targets over tempest/ranger due to heavy dots coming from scourge and vex and this is applicable on both LGS and Akylios especially akylios which is hardly irrelevant.

    Shaman wise why are you spamming avalanche and maelstrom like a fresh 60? When all you need to do is 1 single maelstrom every 15s which is easily ~200k+ more damage every 15s on 5 targets at minimal ST dps loss... are you trying to play dumb or really have no clue? I don't even...........

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Shaman wise why are you spamming avalanche and maelstrom like a fresh 60? When all you need to do is 1 single maelstrom every 15s which is easily ~200k+ more damage every 15s on 5 targets at minimal ST dps loss... are you trying to play dumb or really have no clue? I don't even...........
    In what scenario is that spreading AoE useful in T3?

    Even in T2 it was only nice on Inyr'kta, and kind of only if you were lacking a couple of good Bladedancers. Proteus you just spam the aoe while waiting on Proteus to become stunned. Abominus you should be running Inquisitor.

    You can bring up Shaman AoE all you want, but it's worthless for current content, and even an overwhelming majority of T2.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-08-2014 at 04:25 PM.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Ahh the old "inq shouldn't be competitive with top ST specs because it has a purge" argument.

    Never gets old.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diag View Post
    Ahh the old "inq shouldn't be competitive with top ST specs because it has a purge" argument.

    Never gets old.
    Inq is pretty good actually, try to get your hand on the OP T3 weapons which can proc up to +500 SP like all the time.

    It's a lot better than MM, that's for sure and bring the useful purge.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    In what scenario is that spreading AoE useful in T3?

    Even in T2 it was only nice on Inyr'kta, and kind of only if you were lacking a couple of good Bladedancers. Proteus you just spam the aoe while waiting on Proteus to become stunned. Abominus you should be running Inquisitor.

    You can bring up Shaman AoE all you want, but it's worthless for current content, and even an overwhelming majority of T2.
    Good thanks for confirming that shaman can indeed aoe and you at least knows not to spam maelstrom and avalanche like a fresh 60 (im a little relieved tbh there are a lot of bad information telling people how to cleric wrong glad you are not misled). Btw FW spreading used correctly is very powerful on leathy's event as well (not surprised you skipped that part tho) and since no one has killed laethys I guess you cant use your "laethys is irralavent content" bs here.

    And I see you have no argument on inquisitor's utilities and dual/triple dotting capability which is vastly superior than ranger and tempest and only matched by warlock. (again not surprised you skipped mentioning this as well)

    And using your very own logic since warlock is currently mage's only viable spec its only reasonable that it should demonish everything in its path.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts