+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: With all of the CC in PvP, it's time to change Nysyr's Rebuke's mechanic

Soulwalker

Default With all of the CC in PvP, it's time to change Nysyr's Rebuke's mechanic

Make it a nuke bonus that does an equivalent amount of damage over 3 seconds. Something like:

Causes Unified Theory to persist for the next 3 seconds. Causes the damage from Symbol of Corruption to apply immediately.

Ascendant

It's suppose to be channelable.

They have made other channalable abilities vulnerable to interupts, that's the whole point.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Soulwalker

No class' primary burst is as easily interrupted as Inquisitor's. it's one of the game's most identifiable and easily counterable damage abilities. It was designed as a channel ability when it also stunned the target. Now it no longer stuns and there is ample CC to counter it, leaving Inquisitor as a sub par dps class while it is on cool down.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jrs72 View Post
    No class' primary burst is as easily interrupted as Inquisitor's. it's one of the game's most identifiable and easily counterable damage abilities. It was designed as a channel ability when it also stunned the target. Now it no longer stuns and there is ample CC to counter it, leaving Inquisitor as a sub par dps class while it is on cool down.
    That's because it's not balanced around burst only, you got purge, jp etc. If you dont want to risk being interupted either position yourself well or use it when enemy is under CC.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

I don't think I remember nysyrs beeing a threat anymore.
    It's like Oh that cleric is channeling, meh, I'm a warlord, suck my shark.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Godgrinder View Post
    I don't think I remember nysyrs beeing a threat anymore.
    It's like Oh that cleric is channeling, meh, I'm a warlord, suck my shark.
    Even at half health a Warlord can derp through Nysyr's and another Nysyr's again after a TA then come and hit you for more damage with Battlefield Experience. If they even have a halfway engaged healer they are unkillable without focused DPS.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    That's because it's not balanced around burst only, you got purge, jp etc. If you dont want to risk being interupted either position yourself well or use it when enemy is under CC.
    1. Burst is everything for DPS classes in PvP ever since the release of SL. That's really not even debatable. Inquisitor doesn't have group friendly utility and Purge isn't spammable, so Inquisitor is a DPS class, that is its role.

2. The 'positioning' argument is nonsense. Nysyr's is a standing LOS ability. There is literally no where you can position yourself where your giant purple death ray of 'hey interrupt me' wont be seen. In fact, with most players well aware of Nysyr's the moment you hit it, and with multiple avenues of CC available, only bad players fail to throw an interrupt before the second tick. The best place to cast Nysyr's in PvP now is right on top of another player.

3. The CC argument would be good if our confuse was OGCD, in fact that would be a good fix in and of itself.

My suggestions for successfully firing a Nysyr's in descending order of effectiveness:

- Cast Perseverance immediately beforehand to absorb the quick reaction stun/interrupt. (Hope they don't use debilitate since it ignores Perseverance.

- Cast as close to your target as you can.

- Cast Confuse and hope to get 2 ticks off before they react.

- Cast Harsh Discipline or Aggressive Renewal and hope they derp.

I would say Nysyr's is at best a 50/50 success rate in PvP now. When it's down the only real pseudo burst you have is BoD and 2 fast BoRs.

At least make it channelable while running imo. Warlock's void barrage was changed to be this way, why not inquisitor?
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    At least make it channelable while running imo. Warlock's void barrage was changed to be this way, why not inquisitor?
    Agreed.

Problem with Inq's is this;

In a WF fighting noobs or people who lack basic PVP skills Inq is almost godlike with it's ability to spread dot's and do a heavy burst every 2 minutes.

In a WF fighting experienced PVPers or people with the basic concept of PVP Inq is almost negated. It can still do dmg through it's nukes but it's dot's will be quickly cleansed and it's burst will be nullified by a simple AOE interrupt or ST interrupt/knockback/LOS/whatever.

Inq's are nothing for anyone to be worried about unless it is a isolated 1vs1 scenario and then only if the Inq has ALL of his/her cooldowns available.
    Last edited by Mumnoch; 05-15-2014 at 02:25 PM.

As someone said above Nysyr isn't a real threat anymore... even myself, when playing inqui, don't always bother to interrupt a nysyr channeled on me... Meh.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Champion

Can we get a Dev to chime in and maybe give us a update on Nysyr's?

Buff rogues

Nerf clerics
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Plane Touched

I'll throw out a suggestion here for fun:

Nysyr's Rebuke:
    Reduce damage by 20-25%
    Reduce cooldown to 45s
    Remove channel, but allow interruption to stop damage over the duration

Mental Resilience:
    add Aggressive Renewal and Harsh Discipline

Aggressive Renewal and Harsh Discipline:
    No channel, but allow interruption to stop effect over duration.
    45s cooldown

This would move inquisitor burst block to 45s instead of 1m, give some use to some seldom or never used spells and give a cool multicolored laser to show what you are doing, and possibly fixing some complaints about cleric dps.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post
    .... cool multicolored laser ....
    You had me there. Nothing more to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Agreed.

Problem with Inq's is this;

In a WF fighting noobs or people who lack basic PVP skills Inq is almost godlike with it's ability to spread dot's and do a heavy burst every 2 minutes.

In a WF fighting experienced PVPers or people with the basic concept of PVP Inq is almost negated. It can still do dmg through it's nukes but it's dot's will be quickly cleansed and it's burst will be nullified by a simple AOE interrupt or ST interrupt/knockback/LOS/whatever.

Inq's are nothing for anyone to be worried about unless it is a isolated 1vs1 scenario and then only if the Inq has ALL of his/her cooldowns available.
    Lmao. "Give me WG,LE, and now a mobile version of rebuke". Dude stop trolling and just roll a mage. No one wants each class to be identical.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast