+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: With all of the CC in PvP, it's time to change Nysyr's Rebuke's mechanic

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Lmao. "Give me WG,LE, and now a mobile version of rebuke". Dude stop trolling and just roll a mage. No one wants each class to be identical.
    Nothing you've said here makes sense or is relevant to the conversation.

Well look at it this way...instead of what happened to MM...getting progressively needed into the ground because of "ZOMG you have Utility" you are already is a position where people say "it's fine...you have utility." The only place you have to go is up.

That said most callings and souls have what Inquis has...rock>paper>scissors.

Whether we like it or not Rift PvP has always had and will always have this element. This dynamic hasn't changed in over three years all they ever do is tweak specifics... Such as diminishing returns on CC, making some abilities unpurgeable etc.
    Last edited by Galibier; 05-23-2014 at 12:48 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    At least make it channelable while running imo. Warlock's void barrage was changed to be this way, why not inquisitor?
    Because Warlocks rely on cast times for a majority of their actions after initial DoT set-up whereas Inquisitors just fire off constant chains of instants?

I'll gladly let you have mobile Nysrs when I can have instant Void Bolts and 1s GCD on them. Or when you get "Blessed with suck" and have 50% of your damage be 6 DoTs.
    Last edited by evantide; 05-23-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Because Warlocks rely on cast times for a majority of their actions after initial DoT set-up whereas Inquisitors just fire off constant chains of instants?

I'll gladly let you have mobile Nysrs when I can have instant Void Bolts and 1s GCD on them. Or when you get "Blessed with suck" and have 50% of your damage be 6 DoTs.
    Why would you run Warlock in PVP when you have much better soul's?

I'd gladly let you have instant Void Bolts and 1s GCD on them if you Mages would stop trolling Cleric forum's while not understanding what it means to be a class with 3 pure healing souls, 2 support souls, 1 solo soul, 1 melee soul, 1 AOE soul, and 1 ranged soul.

IE: we don't care what you would or would not "let us have". This is a Cleric Forum. Go cry on the Mages forums.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post

I play warlock constantly in both pvp and pve (yes before the huge buffs too), so I know how horrible it is to have your hardest hitting channels interrupted simply because you needed to move. It's not about homogeneity at all, just helping out inquisitor. I would ask the same of warrior buffs if I felt they needed it, even though I really hate warrior.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 05-24-2014 at 12:06 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post

I'd gladly let you have instant Void Bolts and 1s GCD on them if you Mages would stop trolling Cleric forum's while not understanding what it means to be a class with 3 pure healing souls, 2 support souls, 1 solo soul, 1 melee soul, 1 AOE soul, and 1 ranged soul.

IE: we don't care what you would or would not "let us have". This is a Cleric Forum. Go cry on the Mages forums.
    Yeah what is it with Mages and cross-forum whining? Pyro is a great DPS spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Pyro is a great DPS spec.
    Lol, thanks for sharing your extensive experience. It's quite obvious.

Champion

Are you saying he's wrong?

Champion of Telara

Pyros start to get really good around Rank 80 and are amazing by P90. Just because you can't macro it all to 3 buttons like a Warlord doesn't mean it isn't good. You have a 20s cooldown blink in your primary spec, way better CC than Inq, and a great absorb shield. Plus Fulminate is basically an instant version of Nysyr's on a shorter cooldown. Cinder Burst is better than Bolt of Depravity too. The only thing Inquisitor has over Pyro in PvP is JP and Purge, but Pyro gets so much utility in its tree you can spend your last 15 points on cc, end, or self healing as you see fit.

Ascendant

The argumnt was relating to Warlock's Void barrage.
    The explanation was in regards to Void barrage.
    You're terrible at strawmanning.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    The argumnt was relating to Warlock's Void barrage.
    The explanation was in regards to Void barrage.
    You're terrible at strawmanning.
    Everyone else understood it. Maybe I'm terrible at writing at a 1st grade level?

Ascendant

Everyone else understood it. Maybe I'm terrible at writing at a 1st grade level?
    Learning how to stick to a topic of discussion is of 1st grade level yes.Glad you admitted your failure.

They went along with your tangent, but that doesn't change the fact that you didn't stick to the subject.
    Last edited by Katosu; 05-26-2014 at 08:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by Jrs72 View Post
    Make it a nuke bonus that does an equivalent amount of damage over 3 seconds. Something like:

Causes Unified Theory to persist for the next 3 seconds. Causes the damage from Symbol of Corruption to apply immediately.
    Nysyr's Rebuke was nerfed into the ground. Anyone with full valor can ignore it. It can be interrupted (doesn't happen often because people ignore the low damage it causes). It can be cut off by running out of line of sight (this happens occasionally). You can make the cleric move (running for dear life from and assassin or nightblade) which instantly cancels it as if it were interrupted. It's really not worth casting with its current damage. You're better off rolling your dots and casting instant cast BoJs while keeping distance to try to avoid warrior pulls.
    And you really should ignore anything AlwaysHealNeverDie says. His main is a rogue. He'll lie, cheat, steal, and kick your grandmother in the teeth to keep rogue souls on top. If he replies to any of your threads or posts, simply ignore him while knowing full well that whatever he said was rogue inspired bulls*** propaganda stated only to worsen the cleric status in PvP.

Ascendant

MM's Strafe was nerfed too and you can now interupt it as well (it doesnt grant immunity in pvp either). Not even gonna mention that MM dps is pretty much the lowest of all ranged spec lol.

Trion seems to hate ranged spec for some reason.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    MM's Strafe was nerfed too and you can now interupt it as well (it doesnt grant immunity in pvp either). Not even gonna mention that MM dps is pretty much the lowest of all ranged spec lol.

Trion seems to hate ranged spec for some reason.
    Trion doesn't hate range specs... go do some t3 encounters and you will see why melee does more...you are running ranged for more than a few...at least during progression. This has always been the way. Someday....somewhere...specs where melee is screwed for a LONG while show up. So melee does more damage to make up for it.

Where Trion has an issue is when you have people going..."wahhh that soul has one whopping more utility ability than me....what is the purpose of my soul"

instead of saying "shut your pie hole...you are a calling not a soul...they cave in and nerf or buff things to shut them."
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast