Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Isn't it time Cleric healing souls get Wild Growth + Living Energy for raid?

Champion

Default Isn't it time Cleric healing souls get Wild Growth + Living Energy for raid?

As the title asks:

Isn't it time Cleric Healing souls got a Wild Growth + Living Energy that you gave Chloro? Until this happens in the Raid environment you will always have a Chloro + something else as there is nothing that brings as much DPS, as much HPS, and as much utility as the Chloro.

Thoughts from the community? (Mages when you come on here to post that Cleric's don't need Wild Growth/Living Energy please also include your justifications)

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    As the title asks:

Isn't it time Cleric Healing souls got a Wild Growth + Living Energy that you gave Chloro? Until this happens in the Raid environment you will always have a Chloro + something else as there is nothing that brings as much DPS, as much HPS, and as much utility as the Chloro.

Thoughts from the community? (Mages when you come on here to post that Cleric's don't need Wild Growth/Living Energy please also include your justifications)
    i'd like to see a chloro heal through crucia's orbital strike. in T1 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    Haha that's a good point. Once we get the burst healing clerics do then we can talk ab WG options.

As the title asks:

If the question still is do we have enough clerics to go raiding T2/T3 then I would say there is no need for this Will see if we get finally some cleric dps with new tank/heal souls.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

I think the obvious solution is to move WG and Power core over to Oracle and Bard, support skills like these belong on support souls where they won't mess up the balance between healing specs like they do now.

It all very well and good releasing things like phys and liberator, but noone will use them over a chloro in a raid unless it is absolutely a situation that a chloro cannot handle that these can. Because WG + Chloro's personal DPS is just too much to sacrifice.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Cleric are getting there own version of Living Energy called Marshaled Favor in the Oracle Soul.
    So that's pointless.

Don't mess with Wild Growth.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 05-05-2014 at 09:10 AM. Reason: fixed the favor mistake
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    I think the obvious solution is to move WG and Power core over to Oracle and Bard, support skills like these belong on support souls where they won't mess up the balance between healing specs like they do now.

It all very well and good releasing things like phys and liberator, but noone will use them over a chloro in a raid unless it is absolutely a situation that a chloro cannot handle that these can. Because WG + Chloro's personal DPS is just too much to sacrifice.
    Lol, is this a joke? Cleric is currently in the best spot of all the classes. Pvp and pve.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Cleric are getting there own version of Living Energy called Favor of the Current in the Oracle Soul. So that's pointless.

Don't mess with Wild Growth.
    Marshaled Favor and it kind of isn't pointless since it's a support soul that should have it, not a healing soul. Why not have it in archon?
    Haybale@Greybriar

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post

lol, I'd like to see a Warden heal through Crucia's orbital strike in T1 gear. Spike healing on 1 min+ cooldowns does not = justification for increased DPS from Chloro, increased HPS from Chloro, Living Energy from Chloro, 10% DPS increase from Chloro.

Strange that you think it does. (shows the mindset of Mages though)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post

I agree that such abilities should be a part of the Support role and not the Healer roles (though it's a bit hard to define just what Tactician is supposed to be I'd agree with moving it just for consistency's sake).

So, yes, I'd say to move this debuff into either Archon+Beastmaster or Bard+Oracle.
    Last edited by Kedon; 05-05-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Shield of Telara

I have always wished that clerics could bring a wild growth effect as well and be able to have multiples like you can when you bring multiple chloro's.

But realistically right now I would rather we didn't mess with things like that until the new souls bed down a little. We don't even know where we are going to be from an ideal raid composition yet.

I would also hate to see the content effectively get nerfed by having permanent wild growth effects up across an entire fight.

Purifier, Warden, Defiler and Chloro are all near mandatory for the current content - often with multiples of many of them depending on the boss. Any fear that Clerics are not relevant or needed is unfounded. That might all change if it turns out Warrior AOE healing is OP or Rogue tank healing is significantly better than Purifier but so far on PTS that doesn't appear to be the case.

Wait and see is my preference.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Not ever class has to be the same. Not every soul has to be the same.

Let souls bring their own unique CDs and abilities to the table and stop asking for the same **** that another class/soul has.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Not ever class has to be the same. Not every soul has to be the same.

Let souls bring their own unique CDs and abilities to the table and stop asking for the same **** that another class/soul has.
    This. With the coming 2.7 souls giving everyone the ability to do every single role, distinctive abilities will be even more important to keep the uniqueness of certain Callings.
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrios View Post
    This. With the coming 2.7 souls giving everyone the ability to do every single role, distinctive abilities will be even more important to keep the uniqueness of certain Callings.

mages also need instant self heals and shields like cleric have but I doubt it will happen maybe if vladd switch to mages and clerics there is a possibility. I don't see any hope in the near future

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    mages also need instant self heals and shields like cleric have but I doubt it will happen maybe if vladd switch to mages and clerics there is a possibility. I don't see any hope in the near future
    If only Mages/Cleric's was so lucky as to have Vladd switch with Kev. Cleric's call the warrior slot for Vladd's love though!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast