Closed Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 242
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Isn't it time Cleric healing souls get Wild Growth + Living Energy for raid?

  1. #226
    Plane Walker Learan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Odd that you think progression is the only form of raiding. Guess you're saying a big FU to any casual guild huh? Giving Wild Growth + Living Energy to another healing soul would only be a good thing as it wouldn't effect your raid force at all.
    As this has been pointed out to you many times, class balance is set around progression. Not casuals.

    In all honesty if you or another cleric in your guild are losing your healing spot to a chloro, it has nothing to do with WG or LE.

  2. #227
    Rift Master Dasmani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Sure give Necro's 3 links. Now give another healing soul Wild Growth + Living Energy. Phy (the cleric healing souls rolled into 1 + some) already has a very nice 61pt ability similar to Defiler's UT.



    Phy has shields so fight with them over it. What does Links or Shields have to do with Raid DPS increasers in a healing soul?



    So now you're admitting that the Chloro is irreplaceable. That's a start I guess. Odd that you think progression is the only form of raiding. Guess you're saying a big FU to any casual guild huh? Giving Wild Growth + Living Energy to another healing soul would only be a good thing as it wouldn't effect your raid force at all. It would allow other guild's more options though. Kind of like what they did with Beastmaster, Phy, Lib, Oracle, oh and Arbitior :P

    The only things I've heard from any of you is they shouldn't give Wild Growth and Living Energy to another healing soul because:

    - Defiler has links
    - There's a version of Wild Growth in a DPS soul that Rogues can give up some powerful ST cooldowns to get.
    - Puri has a shield
    - Chloro's would become the worse choice.


    - Defiler links has nothing to do with the raids DPS.
    - The Phy/Tact combo is considered by many to be broken at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if it was nerfed into the ground in a month which is the issue I raised. Hybrids are far more likely to get nerfed or "adjusted" than a 61pt build.
    - Shields have nothing to do with the raids DPS.
    - Chloro's would not change at all. They would still be the preferred healer and be required to fill either 1 or 2 of the raid's total healing spots because nothing for them has changed and none of the other healing souls come close to the Chloro's personal DPS.
    I never suggested Chloro was irreplacable. I suggested that the power core variant of physician is sub-optimal compared to chloro. This means it's still an option, but not the preferred one. In this same vein, every tank healer is sub-optimal compared to puri. If you're tank healing a progression fight, you need a puri. If there's AoE damage, you need a warden. You put chloros or physticians in there to support your clerics, not supplant them.

    If Chloromancer's wild growth niche were lost, it would need burst capabilities on par with warden to compensate. This would make chloro strictly better than warden, which would be bad. If liberator were to recieve a wild growth analogue, it would need it's burst cooldowns tuned downward to be in line with chloromancer, which means it wouldn't be able to replace a warden, which is bad. If wardens recieved wild growth, they would either be strictly superior to chloromancer, or they would have to be nerfed in other areas to compensate, which would be bad. The only healing soul that could recieve wild growth is defiler, and it doesn't need anymore buffs. However, if defiler did recieve wild growth, chloro's would still have their niche as healers because you only want one defiler, but you want 2 wild growths.

  3. #228
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Why must Power Core be 3 seconds longer than Wild Growth. Power Core is overpowered and must be given to other healing souls to balance. Wild Growth must be increased to 15 seconds for balance.

    Now in reality those extra 3 seconds probably do not fully make up for Chloro personal dps but it bridges the gap quite a bit.

    This thread is really going nowhere since 2 viable raid builds are interchangeable in the fact that they can provide a similar debuff. Why does it matter if it is in tact when the points in tact go towards a Chloro replacement healing build anyway. You lose a couple CD's that chloro doesn't have to begin with and yet you pick up another in Battle Remote. The tradeoff is similar.
    Haybale@Greybriar

  4. #229
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    I think its because there was someone I think his/hers name is Ahola or something whom keeps saying Chloro is OP, and many of his/hers cleric followers believes w/e he/she says must be correct. Chloro being the only "Living Energy exclusive" healing soul proves exactly what he or she said. Hence either chloros need to be nerfed or cleric healers need to be buffed to include Living Energy in their arsenal.

    Is his/hers arguments correct? I have no idea.
    It is not correct, because Living Energy is provided by Archon, Bard, Oracle and BM.
    You will always have two of those four in a raid and not lose a single buff.
    The only thing that can be brought up is Wild Growth, and there are several limitations that Chloros face currently that justify its existence.

    If Wild growth was given to another healing class, I would demand that Chloros limitations be addressed immediately to ensure its not endangered.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Sure give Necro's 3 links. Now give another healing soul Wild Growth + Living Energy. Phy (the cleric healing souls rolled into 1 + some) already has a very nice 61pt ability similar to Defiler's UT.
    Oh but its not just the 3 links, it is also the healing abilities that Defiler possesses as well, and its cooldowns.
    Necromancer needs to be the perfect replacement, just as you wish for Chloro to have a perfect replacement.

    The thig is, if such a thing occurs, why even bother having Chloro around? Clone's make each other irrelevant because you'll want at least 1 of very calling. So...why?
    It defeats the purpose if there are clones, and defeats the purpose of that soul to have a clone.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Phy has shields so fight with them over it. What does Links or Shields have to do with Raid DPS increasers in a healing soul?
    Shields provides eHP and decrease the amount of healing needed.
    Link's decrease damage multiplcatively and lower the amount of healing needed tremendously.
    This means you need less healers and can stack more DPS.




    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    So now you're admitting that the Chloro is irreplaceable.
    He never suggested that at all, you are simply reading what you want to read. As always.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Odd that you think progression is the only form of raiding.
    It is, because that is how the game is designed.
    Content is designed with the intent of entry level gear, it is not designed around having that tier's armor/weapons.
    This is the same with the classes, their design is with progression in mind, because when you overgear content and can farm it, the classes hold less and less importance.

    This is why DPS is always a controversial issue, because when Warriors were blowing Kain up with Riftspear, they literally killed the point of having any other kind of DPS for that encounter.

    This is not the case with CHloro.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Giving Wild Growth + Living Energy to another healing soul would only be a good thing as it wouldn't effect your raid force at all.
    Living energy isn't necessary.
    The 4 support classes provide it without any loss whatsoever so you have no argument there, and your constant screeching is tiresome.

    WIld growth is held by phys/tact, so the option you want already exists.
    Now if you want a perfect clone of Chloromancer, then you had better change Chloromancer itself to be a copy of the other Cleric healing souls, have a clone for defiler, puri, Warden, Icar, etc etc.




    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    It would allow other guild's more options though. Kind of like what they did with Beastmaster, Phy, Lib, Oracle, oh and Arbitior :P
    Beastmaster has Enrage but Archon does not.
    Physician does not have Flame of Life like Purifier does.
    Oracle has everything Bard has and MORE, it kills Bard and will get nerfed for sure.
    Arbiter is unique in its gameplay and in its abilities.

    There is no perfect substitute for any class and this is a good thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    The only things I've heard from any of you is they shouldn't give Wild Growth and Living Energy to another healing soul because:

    - Defiler has links
    And Puri has Flame of life, Beastmaster has Enrage.
    This is an argument of maintaining these abilities within their respective souls because they differentiate them from other souls.

    On top of that, Chloro has many limitations that other healing souls do NOT face.
    They have burst CD's that chloro does not possess.
    They can cross heal where Chloro cannot.
    They can substitute for sustained healing and a Chloro cannot substitute for burst healing.
    You do not try to give away a soul's abilties and then keep everyone else unique. That just kills the other soul.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    - There's a version of Wild Growth in a DPS soul that Rogues can give up some powerful ST cooldowns to get.
    Gee, that sounds like Chloro.
    Lacking in Single target cooldowns/Aoe cooldowns.
    Oh and its not an exact clone of Chloro either.
    That's a good thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    - Puri has a shield
    Flame of life


    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    - Defiler links has nothing to do with the raids DPS.
    Less damage taken = less healers needed = more DPS can be brought.
    It has everything to do with DPS.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    - The Phy/Tact combo is considered by many to be broken at the moment.
    No it isn't, that is the physician/Riftstalker combo in PvP. At least get the specs right.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was nerfed into the ground in a month which is the issue I raised. Hybrids are far more likely to get nerfed or "adjusted" than a 61pt build.
    Stormcaller would like a word with you.
    As would Pyro, Harbinger, Justicar, Inquisitor, RIftblade, Tempest, Paragon, Ranger, MM, etc etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    - Shields have nothing to do with the raids DPS.
    Less damage taken = less HPS needed = more DPS can be brought.
    It has everything to do with raid DPS.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    - Chloro's would not change at all. They would still be the preferred healer and be required to fill either 1 or 2 of the raid's total healing spots because nothing for them has changed and none of the other healing souls come close to the Chloro's personal DPS.
    Lol wut? Yes they would.
    If I had to choose between a Chloro and a Warden on Crucia for progression I would bench that Chloro in a heart beat. The more easily can keep people up during Orbital strike the better.
    It would also be much easier to cover any errors from the 5 lasers and cover the sudden raid damage that may strike due to errors.

    Keeping the entire raid alive at the cost of 3k DPS? You'd be a terrible raid leader not to do it.
    The only time you'd ever bring a Chloro at that point is if the damage wasn't present, in which case, its not relevant content.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  5. #230
    Rift Master Dasmani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    671

    Default

    As a side note, I actually support the idea of making defiler and necromancer somewhat interchangeable. Necromancer could have higher dps and worse cooldowns to warrant using a defiler for heavy damage fights and a necro for lighter damage fights.

    This would also solve the issue of mages have two largely useless pet souls.

  6. #231
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    I was going to respond with quotes but the barrage of the exact same non-relevant excuses of a few of you has wore me down too much.

    There is only 1 healer in the game you want in every 10 or 20 man raid and this is the Chloro. It is the backbone of every raid encounter and the preferred healer for group content for a number of reasons. The most important ones are Wild Growth and Living Energy. Every other healer is situational. Once you have your Chloro's sorted then you move on to picking up the other healers (if needed). <----None of you can dispute this, sucks you can't argue it I'm sure but /shrug it is what it is.

    I feel that Wild Growth and Living Energy should be put on at least 1 other healing soul for obvious reasons. Some of you disagree. Glad to hear it.

  7. #232
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    I was going to respond with quotes but the barrage of the exact same non-relevant excuses of a few of you has wore me down too much.

    There is only 1 healer in the game you want in every 10 or 20 man raid and this is the Chloro. It is the backbone of every raid encounter and the preferred healer for group content for a number of reasons. The most important ones are Wild Growth and Living Energy. Every other healer is situational. Once you have your Chloro's sorted then you move on to picking up the other healers (if needed). <----None of you can dispute this, sucks you can't argue it I'm sure but /shrug it is what it is.

    I feel that Wild Growth and Living Energy should be put on at least 1 other healing soul for obvious reasons. Some of you disagree. Glad to hear it.
    does anyone agree with you? Like at all?

    There are 2 healer classes you want in every encounter.
    - Mage for Chloro
    - Cleric for at least one of defiler, warden or puri.

    There is no fight in 20 man content that does not want this.

    this just somehow continues to escape you so much I still wonder if you have even been raiding outside of FT/EE + eggs.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

  8. #233
    Ascendant Sedvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    There is only 1 healer in the game you want in every 10 or 20 man raid and this is the Chloro. It is the backbone of every raid encounter and the preferred healer for group content for a number of reasons. The most important ones are Wild Growth and Living Energy. Every other healer is situational. Once you have your Chloro's sorted then you move on to picking up the other healers (if needed). <----None of you can dispute this, sucks you can't argue it I'm sure but /shrug it is what it is.
    I'm not going to give away any "secret strats" here, but this is not the case on current progression we are facing.

  9. #234
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    I was going to respond with quotes but the barrage of the exact same non-relevant excuses of a few of you has wore me down too much.

    There is only 1 healer in the game you want in every 10 or 20 man raid and this is the Chloro. It is the backbone of every raid encounter and the preferred healer for group content for a number of reasons. The most important ones are Wild Growth and Living Energy. Every other healer is situational. Once you have your Chloro's sorted then you move on to picking up the other healers (if needed). <----None of you can dispute this, sucks you can't argue it I'm sure but /shrug it is what it is.

    I feel that Wild Growth and Living Energy should be put on at least 1 other healing soul for obvious reasons. Some of you disagree. Glad to hear it.
    Again you ignore the balance that Trion uses. It is not about Cloro v Warden, Puri, Defiler, Sent. Is is about Mage v Cleric and using Trion's metric things are fine, even using the example you post above. What is funny is that you will not give voice to your real motive.

    If we read all of your posts on this thread and eliminate the contradicting arguments we find the following. Your issue is that a Cleric can't replace a Cloro. I say this because you dismiss Rogues as "something that may well be needed" when the ONLY complaints I have seen about Physician involve PvP. Power Core has nothing to do with that and when addressing PvP issues you can fix the problem by addressing healing amounts in PvP. This is a quite self serving dodge that only further proves your bias. You then, passive aggressively imo, go onto argue that this is good because many guilds have issues finding mages that can Cloro but not clerics to create a false moral high ground. In this way you infer anyone who disagrees with you is an evil elitist.

    Now if you didn't have this bias you could easily have made the following argument...

    There seem to be far more cleric than mage healers out there today. Because of this I think we need fundamental changes to how they heal so that we are not dependant on having X clerics and Y mages healing to successfully complete encounters.
    However when these fundamental changes have been raised you go on the offensive. Why? Because again your entire point is to make it so that Clerics are improved, at the expense of others. You want Clerics to replace mages. You even acknowledged earlier that your proposal would make this possible. However a fundamental change like thebone noted above would mean, yes a Cleric could replace a mage BUT a Mage could also replace a Cleric. The latter is unacceptable to you. You could be honest about this point. You have raged about Cleric Dps when they have one of the best melee and competitive ranged dps. You rage about the Justicar changes because they no linger have instant and effortless AoE aggro at range, even though they are still much desired as the best ranged aggro tank in the game. Now you want Clerics to have the utility of Mage Healers even when it is that Utility that makes it so clerics are simply not replacing them in a raid.

    Anyone with critical thinking skills sees that you have one goal here and it has nothing to do with making the game better rather with making your favorite calling better, regardless of the impact it has on the game.
    Last edited by Galibier; 05-26-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  10. #235
    Rift Master Godgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    As Warrior you have my deepest support for more specs with living energy a like abilities.

  11. #236
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    I was going to respond with quotes but the barrage of the exact same non-relevant excuses of a few of you has wore me down too much.

    Apologies that you lack the patience and capability of actually refuting arguments that have refuted your premise repeatedly.
    Repeating your stance does not an argument make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post

    There is only 1 healer in the game you want in every 10 or 20 man raid and this is the Chloro.
    And defiler, and Puri....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    I feel that Wild Growth and Living Energy should be put on at least 1 other healing soul for obvious reasons. Some of you disagree. Glad to hear it.
    Congratulations for once again, your 20t(?) post is again a repeat of your stance.
    I shall simply counter it...again by saying the following.
    No. For Obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  12. #237
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post

    I feel that Wild Growth and Living Energy should be put on at least 1 other healing soul for obvious reasons. Some of you disagree. Glad to hear it.
    But none of your reasons are objectively fact based. You start with a simple premise "I want Clerics to have living energy and Wild growth.". You then say you need 1-2 Mage healers to raid, ignoring you need 2-3 Cleric healers. You say " I don't care if another calling can bring Wild Growth" but then when it is pointed out that another calling already does you go through a series of awkward rationalizations to dismiss it because your bluff was called. Then you go so far as to say that this change would help raids lacking mages. So you acknowledge that the impact of your proposal makes mages replaceable however since you completely ignore that certain Clerics are as vital as Cloros you can avoid the implication of your statement.

    Indeed your reasons are clear. You want Clerics to be able to replace mages without a consequence to the desirability of Clerics. You are also correct many to not agree with you. The important bit you fail to note is that those who disagree do so for objective reasons and have noted them in response to your subjective and selfish reasons.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  13. #238
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    All the reason's I posted was objectively based. You always run Chloro for the heals+their own DPS contributions+the raid wide DPS increasers+the raid wide Ability cost reduction.

    There is no other healer that brings these things to a raid.

    You run Chloro + one or more of the other healing souls.

    You do not run without at least one Chloro.

    The reason's are plain as day, ignore them all you want, deny them all you want, make excuses all you want, but anyone with more than 2 brain cells know's your just in denial.


    People have liked my points here and people have responded to this thread in support of another Healing Soul getting Wild Growth + Living Energy so it's not just me.

    You ignoring the above commonly known truth's about the Chloro doesn't mean you've successfully defended your side of the argument, it just means I'm sick of having to explain it a 100 different ways while you ignore the above truths or try and justify them by saying things like (but you bring other healers too!).
    Last edited by Mumnoch; 05-27-2014 at 10:26 AM.

  14. #239
    Ascendant Sedvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Still have no idea why LE is part of this convo and is kept getting brought up.

    Edit: But in all seriousness, a Chloro is a detriment on current progression we are facing.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 05-27-2014 at 10:33 AM.

  15. #240
    Prophet of Telara Fiskerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    If I was a dev, I wouldnt do it simply because I dont want to run the risk of having 100% wg uptime and having to rebalance everything around it. As it is now, since only two souls have it, its a detriment for raids to have it at 100% uptime.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

    I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts