+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Intim
  • 1 Post By Burninalways

Thread: Cleric Tanking Guide Request (Justicar)

Default Cleric Tanking Guide Request (Justicar)

Hi all- lately I've been slowly turning my 1st cleric alt (lvl 60) into a tank. I am very very much a noob, as I have never tanked in *any* game before, having been too timid to do so. I'm comfortable with my DPS ability, very comfortable in Chloro of course, and still refining my 2nd cleric alt for heals.

Was wondering if anyone could help me make a better build and give me some macro help. I have no problem with min/maxxing and let me tell you- I really appreciate the theorycrafters on this board- you guys make the game better for all of us.

Ok, so here is my build:

61 Justicar

6 Sent: 2/5 Benediction; 3/5 Watchful Gaze.

9 Shammy: 3/5 Daunting Courage; 3/5 Thick Skinned; 2/2 Singled Out, and Courage of the Bear.

My survivabilty is fine and I don't really have a tanky comparison for TTK, but it seems ok and reasonable so far.

I'm very confident on my mage in those respective roles, but tanking is a different story. I do lack confidence for that. When the time comes that I am ready to queue as Tank, I am really worried I won't be able to keep threat. Mind you, I certainly plan on having all the correct gear and runes for that. I don't want to waste other players' time with using a poor pug as a testing ground so I want to make sure I can do the job. It's very daunting to think about for me.

Another noobish question- do tanks have specific essences for tanking? Will I need to resocket my Sigil? My main (ilexx) can get the essences from the Lycini/Torvan guys so that isn't a problem.

Any other tips and/or feedback welcome. Thanks so much in advance!

love,

ilexx

ps: it's perfectly fine to ridicule my build if it is waaay off. I'll probably be laughing with you, heh!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Thanks so much, guys! I did do a search but apparently I was not thorough. Appreciate it!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Yes, Tanks have different Essences for tanking but I would just buy a new sigil, No need to unsocket anything!

The Grinnz' Guide is the one I used for getting into tanking and it's pretty damn good, Tells you everything you need to know such as how to pull a group. Great guide, and definitely worth a read for anyone interested in cleric tanking
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

8/8, like that even matters anymore..

We would need to update those guides pretty soon. All the Justicar and Cabalist guides.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    We would need to update those guides pretty soon. All the Justicar and Cabalist guides.
    I will likely post new versions of my guides once I get a chance to play around with the changes on live for a while. At least a new thread for Cabalist because of the extent of the changes and because I can't edit that guide anymore.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-09-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I will likely post new versions of my guides once I get a chance to play around with the changes on live for a while. At least a new thread for Cabalist because of the extent of the changes and because I can't edit that guide anymore.
    I believe that they extended the edit timer for guide writers after the preset contest. Or at least, I can edit my 17-month old Riftstalker guide again, and the edit timer used to expire after six months.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Justicar plays exactly the same. The only difference is you cannot reprieve/DoL to victory.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Justicar plays exactly the same. The only difference is you cannot reprieve/DoL to victory.
    Are you suggesting that when 2.7 hits it will be hammer time?
    Last edited by BelZoness; 04-11-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

Quote Originally Posted by BelZoness View Post
    Are you suggesting that when 2.7 hits it will be hammer time?
    Cleric tanking in 2.7

+ Reply to Thread