+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Kervick, Please have a look at Druid, long overdue.

Default Kervick, Please have a look at Druid, long overdue.

It needs some help where PVP is concerned. It is lagging behind other souls.

Multiple threads have been created outlining suggestions, but nothing has been addressed. A response would be appreciated.

I don't know if Druid needs changes but after the Cabalist changes makes it to live, don't expect any other cleric changes because he will be focusing on the Mages instead. They are getting noisier. You will have to wait a long time for any other Cleric changes.

It's the bad thing about sharing devs between classes. One class change per dev at any time.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    I don't know if Druid needs changes but after the Cabalist changes makes it to live, don't expect any other cleric changes because he will be focusing on the Mages instead. They are getting noisier. You will have to wait a long time for any other Cleric changes.

It's the bad thing about sharing devs between classes. One class change per dev at any time.
    Druids are fun in PvP, have a great burst every 30s, and are way more sturdy than Shamans. I think they just don't get much love because Shaman can dish out so much more persistent damage. But if I want to change up from Inq, I like using 61 Druid-8 Shaman-7 Justicar.

Build up 4 Conviction, pop Fae Mimicry, pull or blink to your target and hit them with Combined Effort, Resounding Blow, Massive Blow, and Hammer of Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post

This is what I am really concerned about. Unlike Cabalist, Druid doesn't need wholesale changes. Just some trimming around the edges. It wouldn't take long, but its long overdue.

If you recall Druid's history, more then once its been relegated to the dustbin of history due to neglect. Its my favorite soul, and I don't want that to happen again.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Nickalispicalis View Post
    This is what I am really concerned about. Unlike Cabalist, Druid doesn't need wholesale changes. Just some trimming around the edges. It wouldn't take long, but its long overdue.

If you recall Druid's history, more then once its been relegated to the dustbin of history due to neglect. Its my favorite soul, and I don't want that to happen again.
    It's a solo spec.

Sucks for anything else. Be nice if it was a valid choice in Raids/Dungeons/PVP but /shrug that's the way Kervick wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    It's a solo spec.

Sucks for anything else. Be nice if it was a valid choice in Raids/Dungeons/PVP but /shrug that's the way Kervick wants it.
    It is a valid choice for PvP, you just need to micro the pet to the extreme to maximize its effectiveness and be swapping pets on the fly for healing or dps. The burst every 30 sec is very nice but you need to make sure to not have your heavy hitters on cd when you pop it. Something I notice happens with a lot of people that play druid in pvp. Also you need to make sure your target is going to stay within melee range...if you have a spam macro that has your range ability in it you have pretty much killed your burst for 30 sec. Also don't use it when a target is 50% or greater, line up with your silence and make sure DR's aren't in affect.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelebra View Post
    It is a valid choice for PvP, you just need to micro the pet to the extreme to maximize its effectiveness and be swapping pets on the fly for healing or dps. The burst every 30 sec is very nice but you need to make sure to not have your heavy hitters on cd when you pop it. Something I notice happens with a lot of people that play druid in pvp. Also you need to make sure your target is going to stay within melee range...if you have a spam macro that has your range ability in it you have pretty much killed your burst for 30 sec. Also don't use it when a target is 50% or greater, line up with your silence and make sure DR's aren't in affect.
    When I dps on my Cleric (Agrippina), I almost exclusively go Druid, not because its the best (Shaman and Inquisitor are clearly better) but because I enjoy the play style.

Where pets are concerned, I almost go exclusively with the Seer. Due to the healing nerf, the healing fairy is just not effective. The Satyr is the top dps pet, but has horrible AI mechanics.

I usually end with a good KB ratio, but never anywhere near the top in damage.

I think Druid needs a few things to make it more competitive. A better range spell for one. Trickster's bolt is not useful. I use Waterjet over TB. It does more damage and has a faster travel time. Druid's use to have a spell called "Bombard". It was a nice range ability, not overpowering by any stretch. As Druid is primarily melee based for damage, I cannot see anyone objecting to this change. It gives a little more synergy when using the seer range pet.

Pets should scale better and do a bit more damage. I think a 5% increase is warranted. It would be nice to have an instant cast CD too.

It would be nice to have the snare added back to Combined effort too. It might be a little over the top though. Fae extraction is really nice. I love this ability. Perhaps in conjunction with fae step, some kind of debuff is applied. Doesn't necessarily have to be movement related.

Ascendant

First of all, what niche do you want Druid to perform in a raid? If Shaman is our best ST with decent AoE potential and Inquisitor is our decent ST ranged spec with excellent multi-dot capabilities, what do you want Druid to be good at?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    First of all, what niche do you want Druid to perform in a raid? If Shaman is our best ST with decent AoE potential and Inquisitor is our decent ST ranged spec with excellent multi-dot capabilities, what do you want Druid to be good at?
    I could be wrong but i believe the majority of this thread was directed towards PVP including the OP's original request. Well with the exception of Mumnoch.
    Last edited by haybale; 03-01-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Ascendant

That healing faerie is freaking OP for soloing. I would trade all my 3 ranger pets for her anytime
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    You take a Druid into raid for Thorns Of Ire of course!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBoyheat View Post
    You take a Druid into raid for Thorns Of Ire of course!

Druids are there for off-tanking of course. Go Go GO Tanking pet!

Plane Walker

Welcome to necro and elementalist. Good luck!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by OwnaGeJuiCe View Post
    Welcome to necro and elementalist. Good luck!
    Necro?

hah, you got me for a moment. Didn't realize you was trolling and was going to say something mean lol.
    Last edited by Mumnoch; 03-02-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    I could be wrong but i believe the majority of this thread was directed towards PVP including the OP's original request. Well with the exception of Mumnoch.
    Sure, change it for pvp, but what niche does it serve?

It needs to be better than our alternatives for any changes to be worth it, at least to some degree. It can't suck at everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast