+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric Talent Presets

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    [*]Seraphic Guard - 61 Justicar/9 Shaman/6 Inq
    This build is fine which is why I didn't bother submitting my guide for it, but as a nitpick, I would recommend to change it to the 7 Shaman/8 Inq version in my guide, to get the full spellpower and range talents. (especially if it doesn't currently have Pursuit of Truth)

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    This build is fine which is why I didn't bother submitting my guide for it, but as a nitpick, I would recommend to change it to the 7 Shaman/8 Inq version in my guide, to get the full spellpower and range talents. (especially if it doesn't currently have Pursuit of Truth)
    Will do. I'll include a link to the guide as well.

Shadowlander

Default Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I don't quite understand the 61 Defiler/15 Purifier. What is the purpose of that point spread? Higher synergy at minimum includes Inquisitor for pushback reduction and 10% SP. The other soul is optional depending on the encounter but 9inq/6 sent would be the Jack-of-all-trades Defiler spec, particularly for faster-paced group content where mobs aren't alive long enough to fully benefit from Dark Water.
    Can you link to that particular build. I'm guessing I can figure it out based on the numbers, but still...

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sayas View Post
    Can you link to that particular build. I'm guessing I can figure it out based on the numbers, but still...
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#nAd/UkllliEGkG8/p88

There on PTS now if you want to look.

When creating a new cleric, choosing Silenus causes rift to crash.
    All others work fine.

After you get in the game it loads properly.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 01-18-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Champion

We need hybrids that will compete with all these cookie cutter 61 point boring spec's. Variety is the spice of life(MMO)!

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    We need hybrids that will compete with all these cookie cutter 61 point boring spec's. Variety is the spice of life(MMO)!
    Clerics don't have hybrids, 61 point specs are the only to go when doing end game content.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Clerics don't have hybrids, 61 point specs are the only to go when doing end game content.
    Was kind of my point...61 point spec's are boring.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    There on PTS now if you want to look.

When creating a new cleric, choosing Silenus causes rift to crash.
    All others work fine.

After you get in the game it loads properly.
    I have a fix in for the crash. Let me know if that's still occurring after the next PTS update.

Rift Master

Cool thread I found on a whim with a search. Another flavor of druidicar I like to play for zone events, drr, sle, as support heals. Use Strike of Judgment instead of Fervent Strike and typically leave faerie out with fae dispersion. For sle I'll use the seer or another spec if no additional heals needed. Fun spec.

I'll give the MoL flavor a try to reminisce on the old duracell memories.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Torvon View Post
    Also, I strongly urge you to consider dumping the special names for these presets. With 4 classes and 9 souls per class there are enough names to remember. Names like "The Umbral Zealot" add little information and just contribute to confusion among new players who misunderstand what the presets are. I think it would be better to name the presets with informative names like "Ranged DPS cleric", and let the souls retain RP-friendly names like "Inquisitor", to help new players butter understand the purpose of the preset builds.
    I just want to say as a week-old player this issue hit me. I had a vague idea what was happening with souls, because I watched a Lets Play before starting to play. But I was very uncertain which presets would suit my intended play style and ended up creating two roles using my own choice of souls.

This may turn out to be better for me for the long term, but it would have been nice to feel confident in using a preset since there are a lot of systems, currencies, and different events that I also need to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    I just want to say as a week-old player this issue hit me. I had a vague idea what was happening with souls, because I watched a Lets Play before starting to play. But I was very uncertain which presets would suit my intended play style and ended up creating two roles using my own choice of souls.

This may turn out to be better for me for the long term, but it would have been nice to feel confident in using a preset since there are a lot of systems, currencies, and different events that I also need to understand.
    presets wont teach you the workings of a soul.

as an example : in a HK IA yesterday, a lvl 41 warrior (who was sidekicked to lvl 65), was just spamming powerstrike (the builder) and punishing blow (the finisher). he only had 1 buff up (the lvl 4 one).

this is what happens when you blindly follow a preset.

Default duplicate presets?

(apologies if this has been noted elsewhere)

One other thing that might be confusing to new players are the presets that appear to be exact duplicates -- for example Druidicar and Nature's Vengeance. The point spread seems to be the same (52 druid/16 justi/8 inq) and the guides point to the same post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2