+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 393
Like Tree43Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cabalist : The Constructive Thread

  1. #181
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Shaman has the ability to spread FW already and Vengeance of the Primal North hits multiple targets. Druid also has the ability to hit multiple targets with a toggle. What kind of mechanic are you suggesting clerics do not have?
    2 target encounters. Cleric doesn't have a spec for 2 target (cleave) encounters. ST and AOE, sure but we can't compete against the other classes in 2 target fights. I guess we don't have to be able to compete against the other 3 classes in everything.

  2. #182
    RIFT Guide Writer Lethaemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    2 target encounters. Cleric doesn't have a spec for 2 target (cleave) encounters. ST and AOE, sure but we can't compete against the other classes in 2 target fights. I guess we don't have to be able to compete against the other 3 classes in everything.
    Which fight do you even need a "cleave" spec for?
    Twins is about the only raid boss that it might be useful(now that it's nerfed).
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

  3. #183
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Which fight do you even need a "cleave" spec for?
    Twins is about the only raid boss that it might be useful(now that it's nerfed).
    Yea a pure 2 target spec is kind of useless and there isn't any spec in the game built around 2 target dps (lock is as close as it gets but it is primarily high ST sustained). Decent single target dps and great 2-5 target dps as well as more useful CC is where Cab needs to be and the changes should address that.

  4. #184
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    might not be many spec's designed around 2 targets, however there's plenty of fights in T2 that benefit from being able to hit the boss and another "add/boss/turrent/whatever". That the Mages, Rogues, Warrior's excel at. Surely I'm not the only person with a interest in this thread that does T2 content?

    Just off the top of my head spec's that excel @ 2 target mobs:
    Sab (Rogue)
    Riftblade (War)
    Harb (Mage)


    Plenty of other's, some better than the above but /shrug too lazy to post them all just figured I'd post some I see topping the parses.

  5. #185
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    might not be many spec's designed around 2 targets, however there's plenty of fights in T2 that benefit from being able to hit the boss and another "add/boss/turrent/whatever". That the Mages, Rogues, Warrior's excel at. Surely I'm not the only person with a interest in this thread that does T2 content?

    Just off the top of my head spec's that excel @ 2 target mobs:
    Sab (Rogue)
    Riftblade (War)
    Harb (Mage)


    Plenty of other's, some better than the above but /shrug too lazy to post them all just figured I'd post some I see topping the parses.

    We haven't used RB or Sab on any encounter in tier 2 yet as there hasn't been a need for our rogues/wars to drop there single target capabilities for cleave (Bladedancer being the exception but it that is for burst aoe/). Harb is ok because of blademark/lum weapon but shaman has full time significant cleave capability and would be preferred in any actual tier 2 encounter (that i have personally seen which is 9/12) over RB or Sab anyday and most times over a Harb. What tier 2 content have you actually done? Perhaps i haven't reached your progression level yet.
    Last edited by haybale; 02-22-2014 at 09:35 PM.

  6. #186
    Telaran Lord Omnissiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    65

    Default

    To Kervik,

    Cabalist is the best dps cleric soul I've ever played. I want to suggest some spells that Cabalist deeply requires; one is a knock back aoe spell similar to what warden has and an aoe mana energy drain sort. Thanks!

  7. #187
    RIFT Guide Writer usman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Shaman is pretty good for cleaving really, once you've spread FW the first time you then never need to cast it again, just just bounce it back and forwards between the main target and the cleave target while keeping up an ST rotation.

    You can then adjust your split of dps between the targets by doing things like, substituting SotM and/or Avalanche for crushing/icy blows/EoL's, switching to VotPN instead of VotWS. Doing these things slightly reduces the ST output but increases the cleave if you need more pressure on that target.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.


  8. #188
    RIFT Guide Writer Lethaemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    might not be many spec's designed around 2 targets, however there's plenty of fights in T2 that benefit from being able to hit the boss and another "add/boss/turrent/whatever". That the Mages, Rogues, Warrior's excel at. Surely I'm not the only person with a interest in this thread that does T2 content?

    Just off the top of my head spec's that excel @ 2 target mobs:
    Sab (Rogue)
    Riftblade (War)
    Harb (Mage)


    Plenty of other's, some better than the above but /shrug too lazy to post them all just figured I'd post some I see topping the parses.
    Which T2 fights benefit from 2 target cleaving?

    Besides harb(blademark op)/lock, there aren't any cleave specs worth using.

    Clerics - inq/shaman
    Warriors - Paragon/tempest
    Mages - Harb/warlock
    Rogues - Bladedancer/sin/nbsin(might use others)
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

  9. #189
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Do you Rogues/Warriors/Mages every troll your own forums or do you camp out on the cleric's 24/7 to try and keep any increases to our souls from happening?

    Never seen a community where so many non-class people troll so hard on other forums.

    Far as the T2 content....if you don't know where it benefit's the raid to hit more than 1 target but less than 5 I'm not going to bother listing them all as you should maybe research some of the encounters before asking. The spec's I listed was just some of the cleave type spec's I've seen while successfully doing the content with ease. Different raids do it different ways. Our shaman spec sucks @ 2 mob fights....even more so if they are spread out some. By suck I mean we ST 1 mob while spreading 1 dot to the other target through a horrible (for low numbers) AOE attack. This causes either switching of targets to keep them @ the same health or having other people in the raid ST to off-set our handicap. For the person who posted just do your AOE attacks...that's a significant DPS loss on fights where there is only a few targets.

    Do what you want Dev's, listen to the cleric's or listen to the war/mage/rogues on here, I don't really care anymore. I did lulz some @ the poster who said "we don't use cleave spec's in T2" and followed it by "except for x classes" (all of which is cleave specs).

  10. #190
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    Never thought i see the day Cabby would get...yet ANOTHER remake.

    The dominion seems kinda OP simply due to the purge factor.

    Purge -> Cata -> Dom -> Purge Purge Purge Purge. If you subspect inqui you some unfortunate SoB will be purged 7 times in a few seconds.

    The Curses wont mean much unless cabby has a 1sec GCD since cleanses (last time i was here) was so prevalent.

    But it seems neat for pvp. A completely mobile purge aoe machine that can switch to ST on a whim.
    Almost make me feel like playing again.

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #191
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Hey all,

    Another update for you. It looks like the first round of Cabalist changes should be hitting PTS tomorrow. I'll let you know if anything changes on that. Here's a more official list of what changes are actually in place at the moment:
    • Removed Seeping Death.
    • Removed Dark Harbor
    • New abilities:
    • Focused Obliteration - Increases damage done by 3%. Increases all Resistances by 3%. Greatly increases the damage of Obliteration abilities and causes them to deal single target damage. Shares a cooldown with Condensed Obliteration and Unbounded Obliteration. This is a 36 point root ability.
    • Concentrated Obliteration - Increases damage done with area effect abilities by 3%. Increases all Resistances by 3%. Increases the damage of Obliteration abilities and causes them to affect up to 5 targets. Shares a cooldown with Focused Obliteration and Unbounded Obliteration. This is a 36 point root ability.
    • Unbounded Obliteration - Increases damage done with area effect abilities by 3%. Increases all Resistances by 3%. Shares a cooldown with Condensed Obliteration and Focused Obliteration. This is a tier 2 talent.
    • Dominion - Resets the cooldown on all Sigils. Causes the next 4 Sigils to have no cooldown. Does not affect Sigil of Catastrophe. Lasts 1m. 1m cooldown. Cooldown does not count down until the buff has been consumed. This is a 41 point branch ability.
    • Added contextual variations for the following abilities. These abilities change how they function based on which Obliteration buff the caster has active.
    • Tyranny of Death
      1. FO - Deals Death damage after 10s. Triggers early if the enemy is damaged by the Cleric's Tyranny of Death.
      2. CO - Deals Death damage to up to 3 enemies after 10s. Triggers early if the enemy dies or is damaged by the Cleric's Tyranny of Death.
      3. UO or no Obliteration buff - Deals Death damage to up to 8 enemies after 10s. Triggers early if the enemy dies or is damaged by the Cleric's Tyranny of Death.
    • Bound Fate
      1. FO - Deals Death damage.
      2. CO - Deals Death damage, split equally among to up to 5 enemies. Total damage is increased by 60% for each additional enemy hit.
      3. UO or no Obliteration buff - Deals Death damage to up to 8 enemies.
    • Disintegration
      1. FO - Deals Death damage. Triggers Tyranny of Death.
      2. CO – Deals Death damage, split equally among to up to 5 enemies. Total damage is increased by 60% for each additional enemy hit. Triggers Tyranny of Death.
      3. UO or no Obliteration buff - Deals Death damage to up to 8 enemies. Triggers Tyranny of Death.
    • Curse of Solitude
      1. FO – Deals Death damage over 15s. Can only affect 1 enemy.
      2. CO – Applies Curse of Solitude for 15s. Deals Death damage to up to 5 enemies every 1.5s. Can only affect 1 enemy.
      3. UO or no Obliteration buff - Applies Curse of Solitude for 15s. Deals Death damage to up to 8 enemies every 1.5s. Can only affect 1 enemy.
    • Ravaging Darkness
      1. FO – Deals Death damage. Restores 15% health and mana to the Cleric.
      2. CO – Deals Death damage to up to 5 enemies. Restores 6% health and mana to the Cleric for each enemy hit.
      3. UO or no Obliteration buff - Deals Death damage to up to 8 enemies. Restores 4% health and mana to the Cleric for each enemy hit.
    • Curse of Anarchy
      1. FO – Applies Curse of Anarchy. Deals Death damage over 15s.
      2. CO – Applies Curse of Anarchy to up to 5 enemies. Deals Death damage over 15s. Total damage is increased by 60% for each additional enemy affected.
      3. UO or no Obliteration buff - Applies Curse of Anarchy for 15s to up to 8 enemies. Deals Death damage to up to 3 enemies every 1.5s.
    • Unleash Oblivion is now an instant cast ability instead of a channel. It is now based around the initial target’s location intead of a PBAOE.
    • Removed Unbounded Oblivion.
    • Dark Manifesto now causes Cabalist curses to place a debuff on the initial target of the curse, increasing damage taken from the Cleric by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    • Maelstrom now affects up to 8 enemies in PVE and 5 enemies in PVP.
    • Removed the cooldown from Well of Souls. Only one instance of Well of Souls can be active at a time. Enemies within Well of Souls take an additional 10% damage from the Cleric's Cabalist Curses, Disintegration and Bound Fate.
    • Shadow Breach now grants Stealth while stationary. Restores 2.5% health each second. Lasts 10s. Resets the cooldown of Dark Passage.

  12. #192
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Can't wait to try it all out. I am still wondering if there is anything in the works for curse application cause burning 2-3 globals every stance swap just to reapply the correct version of those dots is going to really be a drain on our output. Not even sure if it would be possible but if a curse was applied to a target, being able to shift the curses to the appropriate version without burning a global would be excellent.

  13. #193
    RIFT Guide Writer Noshei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Dark Manifesto now causes Cabalist curses to place a debuff on the initial target of the curse, increasing damage taken from the Cleric by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    Does this talent still include the effect of SP on Tyranny of Death and Well of Souls?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Removed the cooldown from Well of Souls. Only one instance of Well of Souls can be active at a time. Enemies within Well of Souls take an additional 10% damage from the Cleric's Cabalist Curses, Disintegration and Bound Fate.
    Does Well of Souls still deal damage? Also would it be possible to change well of souls to apply a debuff/Dot when an enemy enters it? Currently it is very difficult to track if anything is being hit by well of souls or if it is even out. Having the CD makes it easy to know if it is out, since it would be out if it was on CD. By not having a CD it will make it a bit more difficult to know if you have actually used the ability (yes I know you can look at see if the graphic is there, but that is also time I could be doing somehting else).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Shadow Breach now grants Stealth while stationary. Restores 2.5% health each second. Lasts 10s. Resets the cooldown of Dark Passage.
    Will this remain a 1m CD for the ability or is that changing?

    Also with regard to Curse of Discord and Curse of Solitude, I would like to have Curse of Discord removed completely and Curse of Solitude slightly changed to replace it. The change to Curse of Solitude would be to have it's FO effect be the default if there is no Obliteration buff. This would remove a pretty much redundant ability that isn't really needed, you could potentially replace it with something else.

  14. #194
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Very nice work kervik! I know there were so many possibilities but I definitely like the way you went with it. Looking forward to trying it out on PTS.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

  15. #195
    Rift Chaser Ophelya99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    [*]Tyranny of Death
    1. FO - Deals Death damage after 10s. Triggers early if the enemy is damaged by the Cleric's Tyranny of Death.
    2. CO - Deals Death damage to up to 3 enemies after 10s. Triggers early if the enemy dies or is damaged by the Cleric's Tyranny of Death.
    3. UO or no Obliteration buff - Deals Death damage to up to 8 enemies after 10s. Triggers early if the enemy dies or is damaged by the Cleric's Tyranny of Death.
    [*]Bound Fate
    1. FO - Deals Death damage.
    2. CO - Deals Death damage, split equally among to up to 5 enemies. Total damage is increased by 60% for each additional enemy hit.
    3. UO or no Obliteration buff - Deals Death damage to up to 8 enemies.
    [*]Disintegration
    1. FO - Deals Death damage. Triggers Tyranny of Death.
    2. CO – Deals Death damage, split equally among to up to 5 enemies. Total damage is increased by 60% for each additional enemy hit. Triggers Tyranny of Death.
    3. UO or no Obliteration buff - Deals Death damage to up to 8 enemies. Triggers Tyranny of Death.
    Kervik,

    The CO version of Tyranny of Death, is this a typo on your part, or is it meant to only spread to 3 targets via CO Bound Fate (even though CO Bound Fate hits 5)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts