+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: best cleric spec for leveling

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default best cleric spec for leveling

    What spec is best for leveling a cleric? I'm currently level 20. Also, which way is fastest to level to the cap? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I just started playing yesterday and would also like to know a good spec for Cleric!

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    317

    Default Leveling

    simple answer - Druid or Druidicar

    long answer - anything with a few points in Justicar can be turned into a solo build (some better than others). Druid gives you great survivability and utility unrivalled by any other build but obviously less damage and has a pet (sometimes annoying).

    during the first few levels use the tanking pet in druid with atleast 6 points in Justicar (1 point required in Reperation) with the rest in druid. if you are struggling use the healing pet and bore the mobs to death . once you get to level 36 you can swap to the Faerie Seer instead of the tank pet and you should be good.

    it is melee but it is by far the most versatile soloing build we have that has access to tons of heals, fairly decent damage, interrupts, shields, silence and pet swapping (only 2s cast) on the fly to mitigate almost any situation you get into

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Sixpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    715

    Default

    I personally would just go Druid/Shaman and use the tank pet. You shouldn't be taking enough damage to even worry about putting points into Justicar. You might have a tanking role or tanking hybrid role for times when you're trying to solo something difficult, but otherwise do as much DPS as you can and let the pet soak up the damage.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datboityrone View Post
    What spec is best for leveling a cleric? I'm currently level 20. Also, which way is fastest to level to the cap? Thanks.
    I've been using a Defiler/Cabalist build. There's a Ritualist preset, but it doesn't invest heavily into Defiler as I would want. At lvl 27, your defiler's beacon should be suitable to tank crowds of mobs while you sit back and mow everything down. Alternatively, you can use inquiz as well for single target. I have both Cabal and Inquiz in my build.

    For lvling, dgns and instant adventures are the way to go, and if you're a patron, don't forget to pop the xp buff.

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Cleric over the past few months have a lot of good options for leveling and lvl 60 open world farming.

    No longer need to derp in druid these days tho it's the more lazy option of doing things.

    since Shamans buffs, 61 shaman is good option with subsouls up to you.

    61 iniq is prob the strongest ranged soloing spec in the game, one of the few good ranged solo specs, can dot everything up spam aoes and profit.


    defiler is decent, not very good option at all for leveling or farming at 60. any type of 61 shaman/iniq/druid specs you can't really go wrong for soloing content.

    Druidicar is a pretty outdated spec and not near as good anymore, it still works but not nearly as well as iniq/shaman/druid 61 specs.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-14-2013 at 02:10 PM.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Howard, KS
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    defiler is decent, not very good option at all for leveling or farming at 60. any type of 61 shaman/iniq/druid specs you can't really go wrong for soloing content.
    I actually found Defiler to have the absolute best survivability while questing while retaining decent dps for large groups. If there was some quest to kill a number of things and they happened to be decently grouped I would go Defiler, grab 5 at a time, then mow them down and repeat.

    For single target or just a couple I would go Druid with either the healer or the seer depending on the fight for better survivability than the other options.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    I have found that druidicar is the fastest way to level so far with my cleric. Sure you can out dps it with shaman or inq. But with using Satyr Protector with Righteous Mandate I'm able to pull easily 8-10 mobs and kill without the pet even going down in health and without having to use cooldowns to reduce damage. Maybe grind quest so much faster and safer than other specs I've tried.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander oOnyXo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    48

    Default

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-justicar.html

    I would point you to the above thread as hands down it makes cleric levelling a complete godmode walk in the park easymode (add further superlatives here)

    ReservoirShugo - Mage
    OnyXxx - Rogue :: xOnyX - Cleric

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oOnyXo View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-justicar.html

    I would point you to the above thread as hands down it makes cleric levelling a complete godmode walk in the park easymode (add further superlatives here)
    Yes, this is the exact spec I use to level and it is, as you said, godmode walk in the park easymode. Lol.

    Plus in dungeons, using the support version, it's not uncommon that I'm top (or close to) DPS with heals surpassing the main healer.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtcookson View Post
    I actually found Defiler to have the absolute best survivability while questing while retaining decent dps for large groups. If there was some quest to kill a number of things and they happened to be decently grouped I would go Defiler, grab 5 at a time, then mow them down and repeat.

    For single target or just a couple I would go Druid with either the healer or the seer depending on the fight for better survivability than the other options.
    level 1-50 you can be any spec, wont matter much due to the ease and speed of old world.

    50-60 and at 60 for farming Defiler is terrible. Druid is not for ST Druid specs are for melee aoe, druid has terrible st compared to the Shaman farm specs and Iniq specs.

    Defiler can't do crap worth a dam at a efficient rate in storm legion content, terrible dps piss poor aoe. The only thing decent with defiler are some cab/defiler aoe hybrids at level 60 which are still terrible.

    Druid aoe specs can farm 12+ mobs with ease, Shaman best st farm spec with strong aoe, and Inq has one of the best farming specs as well dot everything up with vex and s and aoe profit.

    Seatins lawbreaker guide is nice made for 60 farming, easily use for 50-60 leveling.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    level 1-50 you can be any spec, wont matter much due to the ease and speed of old world.

    50-60 and at 60 for farming Defiler is terrible. Druid is not for ST Druid specs are for melee aoe, druid has terrible st compared to the Shaman farm specs and Iniq specs.

    Defiler can't do crap worth a dam at a efficient rate in storm legion content, terrible dps piss poor aoe. The only thing decent with defiler are some cab/defiler aoe hybrids at level 60 which are still terrible.

    Druid aoe specs can farm 12+ mobs with ease, Shaman best st farm spec with strong aoe, and Inq has one of the best farming specs as well dot everything up with vex and s and aoe profit.

    Seatins lawbreaker guide is nice made for 60 farming, easily use for 50-60 leveling.
    Your right, druid is not the 'best' ST, but put yourself in the OP and 2nd poster's shoes. They are new players or new to cleric and low level. Back before justicar nerf I leveled as Inqisicar, but without knowing min/maxing and without wanting to get discouraged, the best spec I've found to "level" with is druid/justicar. It's safe, very versatile via different pets, and it gets you used to and aware of threat mechanics. Plus and most importantly for any new player, you won't be squishy so it's less discouraging. The only other safe spec to level with that I like is Shaman.

    @OP, in the end, it's whatever spec that lets you have fun. First and foremost, what do you like? Do you like ranged spellcasting? Do you like being up in the face of mobs? That's what is important. This is a game afterall. The whole point is to have fun.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    Your right, druid is not the 'best' ST, but put yourself in the OP and 2nd poster's shoes. They are new players or new to cleric and low level. Back before justicar nerf I leveled as Inqisicar, but without knowing min/maxing and without wanting to get discouraged, the best spec I've found to "level" with is druid/justicar. It's safe, very versatile via different pets, and it gets you used to and aware of threat mechanics. Plus and most importantly for any new player, you won't be squishy so it's less discouraging. The only other safe spec to level with that I like is Shaman.

    @OP, in the end, it's whatever spec that lets you have fun. First and foremost, what do you like? Do you like ranged spellcasting? Do you like being up in the face of mobs? That's what is important. This is a game afterall. The whole point is to have fun.
    The op asked for the best cleric specs for leveling. I assume he wants to learn how to properly play.

    I don't think he is asking for a random fun spec as those are terrible in storm legion content and he prob would get frustrated.

    I gave him the updated proper soloing specs.@ op Seatins guides on the cleric guide section is a good place to start. out dated builds are out dated for a reason.

    Those guides are not even close to min and max they are guides that the op is asking for.

    Seatins guides are very new player friendly, his lazy druid leveling guide is great and not hard to play. Why give new players bad information and terrible specs to play, that makes no sense.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oOnyXo View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-justicar.html

    I would point you to the above thread as hands down it makes cleric levelling a complete godmode walk in the park easymode (add further superlatives here)
    I tried this but didn't like the way Druid played at low level and switcvhed back to Shaman. I may try it again at mid level.

    The only suggestion I can make to the OP is to try a few different souls and see which one you like, one man's wet dream is another man's nightmare.

  15. #15

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts