+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: best cleric spec for leveling

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    level 1-50 you can be any spec, wont matter much due to the ease and speed of old world.

...Druid is not for ST Druid specs are for melee aoe, druid has terrible st compared to the Shaman farm specs and Iniq specs.
    Druid ST farming is just fine, with much greater survivability and far less downtime than Shaman. Yes, shaman kills faster, but it doesn't end every fight at full health.

Once you get a Druid to L41 and get Aid of the Forest, it becomes an all-purpose farming spec. The key is to turn off Fae Dispersion if you're facing fewer than 3 opponents. Toggle it on and off mid-fight as needed.

Druid as a farm spec also means you have a pet to aggro the mob standing over the resource node so you can harvest, run, and switch your pet to passive to get it back. The versatility and easy of play compare to Shaman make it by far my personal preference.

I just started playing also and just reached lvl 30. Right now i have soul pts as follow's
    Pure-11
    Inquis-19
    Just-10 I can dps with spells and a big two handed hammer and heal myself if needed. The damage and healing combo at the same time is really good to stay up long in fights against more than one mob if you get bad pulls. I 've been trying alot of different builds and this one seems really good so far. But i'm a newbie to this game also. So i hope this build will be good to 60. I do enjoy trying out different builds though.

Plane Walker

level 1-50 you can be any spec, wont matter much due to the ease and speed of old world.

50-60 and at 60 for farming Defiler is terrible. Druid is not for ST Druid specs are for melee aoe, druid has terrible st compared to the Shaman farm specs and Iniq specs.

Defiler can't do crap worth a dam at a efficient rate in storm legion content, terrible dps piss poor aoe. The only thing decent with defiler are some cab/defiler aoe hybrids at level 60 which are still terrible.

Druid aoe specs can farm 12+ mobs with ease, Shaman best st farm spec with strong aoe, and Inq has one of the best farming specs as well dot everything up with vex and s and aoe profit.

Seatins lawbreaker guide is nice made for 60 farming, easily use for 50-60 leveling.
    i would disagree, druid at 61 points is beast ST. granted i dont have bis gear, but use this for an example, running standard 61 shaman build in 60 chrons i would cap out at about 8-9k ST DPS, same chronicle on 61 druid with all ST buffs and popping Fae Mimicry i would hit 12k dps easily. this does not include the fact that i have the best solo sustain out of all the cleric specs available.

also ran a chron with a 61 WL buddy, he hit 13k dps ST all day long, but was not able to achieve 500 hps passively while maintaining that dps no matter what spec he went into.

as for your other points, inquisitor is so-so, ran it while leveling 1-50 doing wf's at the same time, its just not nearly as good as front loaded dps with sustain. shamicar early with have decent sustain and much better front loaded damage, druidicar again will have the best early sustain once you get Aid of the Forest, and pretty good front loaded damage.
    Last edited by labotimy; 12-25-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Ascendant

44 druid/32 inq/0 shaman, OR 48/28/0. Not certain on point spread; I do kind of like having Crushing Force to assist with ST though it's only a minor increase (and you get a few nice points in Druid for pet summon reduction).

Ah, so how the build works: Resounding Blow > Fanaticism > Soul Drain. Ta da, massive aoe spike.

ST not too shabby, either.

Soulwalker

Im not sure if someone still reads it but Im curently lvl 32 cleric and I think I found best build at least for mid lvl I have 21 in druid just to get greater tank pet and rest goes in cabalist, I went full druid before but only one aoe spells was annoying so now in my current spe im pulling every mob I have in range my pet tanks them Im puting tyranny of death and there is talent point that if I use bound fate then its spreading tyranny of death to every mob that I pulled, 8 seconds waitin for tyranny to proc and there is huge chain reaction 300 damage for every mob so the more mobs I pull the more damage its making so if there is lets say 10 mobs after 8 seconds they are all ded. Im just lvl 32 im not sure how it it work out later but for now, i cant think of anything better. Sorry for bad english I tried to explain as best as I can

Ps. wow i just noticed last response was from 4 years ago =D
    Last edited by Draughy; 04-28-2017 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draughy View Post
    wow i just noticed last response was from 4 years ago =D
    some serious necro going on here, yeah i'd wager that about 99% of this topic content is outdated

Cleric over the past few months have a lot of good options for leveling and lvl 60 open world farming.

No longer need to derp in druid these days tho it's the more lazy option of doing things.

since Shamans buffs, 61 shaman is good option with subsouls up to you.

61 iniq is prob the strongest ranged soloing spec in the game, one of the few good ranged solo specs, can dot everything up spam aoes and profit.

defiler is decent, not very good option at all for leveling or farming at 60. any type of 61 shaman/iniq/druid specs you can't really go wrong for soloing content.

Druidicar is a pretty outdated spec and not near as good anymore, it still works but not nearly as well as iniq/shaman/druid 61 specs.
    I just hit lvl 60 and did the 61 Inq spec and its really been a blast to play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2