+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Planar attunement and more questions :)

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Saryad View Post
    Quickest way to lvl 50-60 I know is:
    Do all the storm legion STORY quests (they give double the xp of normal quests), and when you hit a quest you are too low lvl to manage do Instant Adventures until you can do it.
    Rinse and repeat until 60.
    Story line quests, carnages, zone quests were what i mixed source well grinding (which would be replaced by great hunts now days) when i leveled to L60 when Storm Legion was released. It released the morning of November 13th. I had Level 60 at 11.12pm on November 15th. I played a lot during those 2-3 days

For a more leisurely but still hurried leveling experience I would just mix things up and do zone quests, crafting dailies, PvP and some XP grinding with great hunts or source well defenses.
    Last edited by aLittleBird; 10-29-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Soulwalker

Question

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    Correct - PA is total for your account. Each character gets that total and can allocate it however you like. Multiple characters doing dailies & weeklies is one way to increase your PA that doesn't involve PA grinding. You should find that just playing the game (other than running circles in Tempest Bay) should nicely be moving your PA along.
    Sorry for raising an old thread, but I find so many statements like this, and I thought this was true, but it seems it's not anymore? When did this change? At this point it's not even shared between characters on the same server, PA earned is by character only

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kililea View Post
    Sorry for raising an old thread, but I find so many statements like this, and I thought this was true, but it seems it's not anymore? When did this change? At this point it's not even shared between characters on the same server, PA earned is by character only
    While I've been at max PA for a while now, I don't believe it's changed.

I think you need to be at least level 50 to see your PA though. Maybe that's it?
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    While I've been at max PA for a while now, I don't believe it's changed.

I think you need to be at least level 50 to see your PA though. Maybe that's it?
    No, or at least I don't think so. The expectation based on this and other threads is that while a char below 50 won't see their PA, the PA they earn will be seen by characters that are over 50. My lvl 60 is not seeing any PA earned by my alts under 50 on the same server. That either means chars under 50 don't earn PA at all and it's just being lost (which would be new and terrible), or until they hit 50 none of the PA they earned is seen by any character (and when they hit 50 all over 50 will have a massive burst), or PA is no longer shared between characters.

Best case it's the middle option, which still seems to be a recent change. Bummer case it's the last option, which definitely is a recent change, but odd there seems to be no mention of it. Worst case it's the first, but I don't see how folks aren't rioting in the streets in that case so doubtful.

Ascendant

I"ve created characters recently (in the last 3 months), crafted them up to70 ( i know no longer possible) and have max PA.

I think you only gain PA if your character is over level 50.
    I think you only see your 'account's' PA if you're over level 50

Only earning PA after level 50 is not something new I don't think.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Soulwalker

I"ve created characters recently (in the last 3 months), crafted them up to70 ( i know no longer possible) and have max PA.

I think you only gain PA if your character is over level 50.
    I think you only see your 'account's' PA if you're over level 50

No, it would be new. Upon hitting 50, up until this point anyway, you'd unlock attunement and have a boatload of points to spend because of the PA you'd accumulated up to that point. If they changed this and all the PA you earned at lower levels was lost and could not be regained (i.e. all the zone awards), that would be pretty terrible.

Telaran

This is not new, no. Until you get to 50 and unlock PA, you simply do not make any. The only way you get any kind of a PA boost, is if you had other toons over 50 earning it, so when the lower alt hit 50, they'd inherit the PA from the main already over 50. They have never accrued PA in reserve to suddenly unleash once hitting 50 and unlocking it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xethx View Post
    This is not new, no. Until you get to 50 and unlock PA, you simply do not make any. The only way you get any kind of a PA boost, is if you had other toons over 50 earning it, so when the lower alt hit 50, they'd inherit the PA from the main already over 50. They have never accrued PA in reserve to suddenly unleash once hitting 50 and unlocking it.
    I have to say false, for two reasons. One, the first time I hit 50 I had a ton of PA points granted to spend, and all info I read at that point indicated that is exactly what happens. You accrue it, but it's not usable (or viewable) until PA is unlocked at 50. Two, if we were throwing away PA the whole time up to 50, that would be as I said terrible design, because you can never get those achievement rewards back. See this thread to back this up http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topi...-achievements/

I had definitely been seeing my main getting PA at login from nowhere up until recently. The "from nowhere" was the PA earned on my sub 50 alts. All consistent with what other info said. So again, something seems to have changed recently with no notice, but given there seems to be so much confusion to start with I'm no longer surprised it's slipped by people. Starting to seem like one more bug, but a really nasty one.

Telaran

Tell it to the millions of wasted PA XP from the daily reward login, and the calendar (which is literally 1million per), as well as various weekly quests and so fourth.

If PA accrued in secret, then the moment the cap was raised, everyone would instantly gain loads of levels, and possibly even cap out, immediately. Which has never happened, since it's introduction, through it's various upgrades.

PA is account-wide. That means all toons, across all shards. Every single one of those 50+ toons, is adding to that generation pool. Secondly, the very first thing they introduced you to for PA was the quest, which gives you a buttload; and the chronicle, an even further buttload. They simply removed the necessity of finishing the chronicle at some point awhile back, and just gave you the reward flat out. So that's an instant bonus at unlock that you may not even notice happening.

Those rewards in the achievements that "would be a waste" didn't exist prior to them releasing the PA system. Which means everyone who already did those quests, has zero chance at those rewards, with those characters. That was implemented later, and purely for alts. - That said, it does make a much more sound logic then, for those alts to then gift that over to the 50+ mains (they've already unlocked the PA system)... and taking into account that it's all account wide, when those sub 50 unlock it, they inherit your mains total.

I will grant you that the quest rewards that give PA directly (which can and does, include crafting), the achievement itemized rewards, etc, likely work in this manner. But I do not believe that just general running around killing does for the lowbies.

I still stand by that until you have a 50+ and have unlocked the PA system, you simply do not get any: period. Once you have any toon, at all, on any shard, on your account that has; that goes out the window and some other factors, like the above, can kick in.

Can this be wrong? Sure. But it's how it worked previously. However, since it's account wide, there's no easy way to tell. You'd literally have to make a brand spankin new account with no fluff or bonuses and grind your way up to unlocking it to check. No fast pass instant level shenanigans. As soon as any toon is 50+, all the rest have that much. You just won't be able to access it until other toons have hit that point.

So, you tell me... You said the first time you hit 50... Honestly your very first character on that account, ever, to get there, including without any of the paid boosters?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2