+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improvements a defiler will appreciate....

Telaran

Default Improvements a defiler will appreciate....

I think defiler soul is awesome and the best burst healer right now in the game
    but i am posting some improvements that should be added to it to be on par with other healers

1) It should get a group cleanse, its really messy to cleanse groupies individually especially in raids

2) Rampant growth only effects our links...it should effect the caster too and the whole raid based on the lowest link we cast (chloro's abilities still affect the whole raid for small heals while healing more to target of synthesis, we should get that too)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mahabahu View Post
    but i am posting some improvements that should be added to it to be on par with other healers

1) It should get a group cleanse, its really messy to cleanse groupies individually especially in raids

2) Rampant growth only effects our links...it should effect the caster too and the whole raid based on the lowest link we cast (chloro's abilities still affect the whole raid for small heals while healing more to target of synthesis, we should get that too)
    1) It has been requested often for a group cleanse but only to the target of the clerics links. This would mainly be useful for experts and maybe 1 raid encounter. Defiler, however effective it may be at healing, is one of the "pure" healing souls and shouldn't have the same capabilities. Also, you generally should not be single target cleansing in raids as a defiler either, save a rare case. Every pure healing soul in your raid has an AoE cleanse and a single target cleanse and should be able to handle their duties.

2) Again, Defiler is not a pure healer like Chloro so the two shouldn't really be compared. Rampant growth is very powerful for tank healing and expert party healing if the party is taking damage when procced by Feedback, LR, GR. Strong aoe healing is not where defiler is meant to shine.
    Last edited by haybale; 10-11-2013 at 04:57 AM.

defiler needs help in it's DPS, not healing. I don't want to be a heal bot

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    defiler needs help in it's DPS, not healing. I don't want to be a heal bot
    This mostly. The reliance on PT annoys me.

Telaran

defiler can do descent dps if dps priority is done correctly so a dps increase would be not as welcome as group cleanse

i have run defiler in experts and its good but need to be careful between dpsing and tank/group heals,u can actually handle cleansing with mouseoverui macro but the same thing doesn't help much in raids thats why i am asking group cleanse

i just want defiler to be on par with other healer souls

Telaran

Defiler is unique and quite frankly beautiful. I wouldn't want to make it more like a pure heal spec. Sure a group cleanse, or link cleanse would be awesome, but even with it, I'd still feel safer doing experts as Sentinel if I was to heal.

Defiler to me is that gap closer that can make the difference when you don't overgear something. It'll fill the holes and get you by in an emergency, at least that's how I feel I fit into experts and raids.

It's "healing for dummies" (ST only, instant only, no flavour) with Pain Transmission and a raid-required buff.

I guess how you feel about it depends how you feel about PT. Since all the other attacks are the standard healer-attack stuff: weak DoTs and one weak standstill bolt.

I dislike the PT mechanics, getting 6 targets in melee range of all enemies every 15s is too unlikely on too many encounters.

Although I have to say that Unholy Nexus is a fun mechanic. I wish it was on a soul I liked better.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Champion of Telara

I think if anything were to be worked on for Defiler it would be Bonds and Blights. The soul has so few buffs (passive or active) to augment it's two-sides, that I feel like it should have a couple of niche buffs linked to the blights. For example, tying Feast of the Fallen to the type of Blight you have active:

If you have Rage Blight active, Feast of the Fallen deals X damage to up to 5 nearby enemies whenever a party or raid member kills an enemy. If you have Grief Blight active it does the current action (also feel like this should be buffed by Blight increases if it isn't already).

Bonds should be more potent, and worth casting more than just Bond of Pain. Bond of Torment should be augmented to be more powerful and spread healing to more targets, and it should benefit from Grief Blight stacks.

I also feel like there should be a slight damage or healing bonus depending on whichever Blight you have active when Foul Growth is consumed on a target. If your target is healed by Foul Growth stacks and you have Rage Blight running, then the healed player's target should take a damage equal to 1/3 of the HP healed by Foul Growth. If you have Grief Blight active, then perhaps consuming Foul Growth stacks will refresh the duration of an active Hideous Reconstruction allowing you to save a GCD when you are focused on healing.

This would create more opportunity to hard cast Foul Growth vs always using Explosive Growth in healing settings. It would also reduce the penalty for spot healing as a DPS support soul as your spot heals would toss in some supplemental damage.

Another simple change would be to increase the duration of the Blight stacking buff to allow for Blight Swapping (you can stack both to 5x at the same time, but managing that is a significant DPS or HPS loss presently). If the duration was 5-10 seconds longer, it would be more manageable to swap Blights in combat (or they could be taken off the GCD??)... That could turn out to be too powerful, but still an interesting concept.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 10-11-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by mahabahu View Post

if you want it easier play a different soul??

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tindin View Post
    if you want it easier play a different soul??
    man.... i do play many different souls but my suggestions aren't invalid....its a healer/support dps soul that doesn't have group cleanse

many people will agree on my 1st suggestion many will not on my 2nd

and i would appreciate dps increase too...if they would put some new ability ,it would be nicer but i give more priority to group cleanse

Telaran

Defiler is in a good place now IMO. Sure I would appreciate a small dps buff, but you could run the 8 cab variant if you want a but more punch. The reliance on PT can be annoying but it's so gratifying when you manage to pull of a good one that I don't really mind.
    It isn't a healer soul its a support, it's not your job to aoe cleanse. Your job is: links, emergency heals, DPS.

I just want 15 sec CD cleanse that cleanses all of your link targets.
    Retired Raider of <-Virus@Deepwood-> & <-Forsaken@Seastone->
    Guyhax@YoMommasHouse
    #1 Beer Pong Champion NA/EU

+ Reply to Thread