+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: @Kervik Suggestion for Warden

Ascendant

Oversaturation and geyser i agree with. A minor tweak to OR is not going to make it any more useful though and Soothing Streams lack of significant HPS compared to the time it takes to apply and maintain (assuming it never drops) as an AoE healer make it pretty terrible all things considered. It serves a purpose in one of our major cooldowns and that is about it.

Another suggestion since most seem opposed to bringing OR into the mix would be this.

Shared Excess - Distributes 25% of overhealing received from the Cleric to up to 5 other party or raid members. There is a 25% chance for all water based healing abilities to apply Soothing Stream to the target of Shared Excess. Can only affect 1 ally.

Giving Soothing Stream a chance to proc on the target of shared excess would tie in more with the soul i than having a direct relationship with overflowing renewal.

SS needs something to pick it up. It is significantly worse than Healing Spray in most situations due to ramp up while being deeper in the tree. Just an opinion

I agree with the OP

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kandra View Post
    I agree with the OP
    Now you are simply stalking
    Last edited by haybale; 10-12-2013 at 12:36 PM.

First thing they should do flagging Geyser as an aoe heal and not a single target heal.
    So much synergy lost in Warden due to wrong flagging or the behaviour of some skills.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    First thing they should do flagging Geyser as an aoe heal and not a single target heal.
    So much synergy lost in Warden due to wrong flagging or the behaviour of some skills.
    It being flagged as a single target heal could be intentional to prevent it from proccing BB which i believe is necessary. They would most likely tone it down a lot if it were flagged as aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    It being flagged as a single target heal could be intentional to prevent it from proccing BB which i believe is necessary. They would most likely tone it down a lot if it were flagged as aoe.
    It is only considered as a st heal, because of the dmg part is st dmg. Even if it is an aoe heal you still could exclude BB from Geyser if it would be too strong....just maxing my aoe heal of Geyser with maximum st heal talents feels pretty broken. Ocean`s Bounty is useless for Geyser at the moment....also will Geyser healing not receive the 3m more range for aoe healing.

One thing I laughed about the most is that Gathering of Flames does not trigger Reef Barrier....so much for the part of aoe absorption spells... it`s just sad that all these issues are ignored since the Purifier rework.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 10-12-2013 at 01:39 PM.

-Orbs of Stream is triggering Blessings from Sent and Puri, but do not triggering Signs of Puri- it should trigger them, because it`s a single target heal.

-Ripple/Monsoon: Applying the single target hots will trigger Signs of Puri, but not Blessing`s from Sent and Puri.

-Orbs of the Tide(flagged as aoe heal) is not triggering Reef Barrier or Bonsun`s Blessing.(If Orbs of Stream triggers Blessings then this spell should also proc BB once after it`s activation)

It just feels not right....it should proc all effects which have the same proc condition or none of them.
    I would say that these issues are the leftovers of Zibnik from 1.11 :P
    Last edited by Soulshield; 10-12-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Ascendant

It is only considered as a st heal, because of the dmg part is st dmg. Even if it is an aoe heal you still could exclude BB from Geyser if it would be too strong....just maxing my aoe heal of Geyser with maximum st heal talents feels pretty broken. Ocean`s Bounty is useless for Geyser at the moment....also will Geyser healing not receive the 3m more range for aoe healing.
    I don't see how it being a st dmg ability affects what its healing portion is tagged as but it doesn't really matter. Simply excluding it from BB would probably be the best route now that you mention it.The other issues you pointed out should also be addressed but during the rework Kervik didn't really make a pass over Warden or Sent and he has been for the most part in silence since the changes. It seems to me, from what you listed, there is an underlying difference between signs and blessings and how they are procced. This wouldn't be obvious from the tooltips and that's a problem on more than just signs/blessings.

I don't see how it being a st dmg ability affects what its healing portion is tagged as but it doesn't really matter. Simply excluding it from BB would probably be the best route now that you mention it.The other issues you pointed out should also be addressed but during the rework Kervik didn't really make a pass over Warden or Sent and he has been for the most part in silence since the changes. It seems to me, from what you listed, there is an underlying difference between signs and blessings and how they are procced. This wouldn't be obvious from the tooltips and that's a problem on more than just signs/blessings.
    I would say there is no extra flag in the code of the ability for the healing part so it just takes the flag of the first part of the ability.

Ascendant

I would say there is no extra flag in the code of the ability for the healing part so it just takes the flag of the first part of the ability.
    Simply based on tooltips, since that is all players have to go on, you should consider posting all of these in the bug thread. Attention is more likely to be paid to the stickies than the numerous suggestion threads. If they were previously posted there a refresher could never hurt.

Simply based on tooltips, since that is all players have to go on, you should consider posting all of these in the bug thread. Attention is more likely to be paid to the stickies than the numerous suggestion threads. If they were previously posted there a refresher could never hurt.
    Kervik got a list of all these things/bugs 3 months ago.
    Guess he is busy with other things than fixing bugs for mages/clerics.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 10-13-2013 at 09:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2