+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good builds for solo leveling past 50 ?

Shadowlander

Default Good builds for solo leveling past 50 ?

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if someone around here could give me a good build to level past 50 ? I prefer melee over ranged. I saw the druid build in the guide section, however I've never been much of a fan of pets so I am looking to see if there is something else that is viable.

Thanks !

Druid or a cab/def combination - Druid has A nice AoE spammable skill + Self heals through the fairy which minimalizes downtime in itself + if u use 61druid/8shaman/7justicar you'll achieve self heals through this method aswell

if you use a 61Cab/15Def it'll give u the totem spawn which will keep aggro while u AoE on it, also 61DEF builds work also with this method... if your missing Storm Legion souls, i'd say taking a Brawler method of Shaman or Druid + Justicar giving u tankyness and AoE in 1.. Druids work best if u havnt got awesome gear, it scales well with just levels in itself.

if your really against Pets use Shaman+Justicar or Cab+DEF, Purifier+DEF has been found to work out too but i wouldnt have huge amounts of information on purifer +DEF
    Last edited by Drayos; 09-14-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Shadowlander

Shaman + Justicar seems more suited to me as they are both melee, however I can't find a guide on this build for 2.3 patch, do you have any ?

Druid is easy mode for melee. Good dps with your own pocket healer.

To be honest, open world tanking past 50 is really more a hassle than its worth unless you happen to like taking several minutes to kill one enemy. Heck, Dormant Core in Ember Isle is still a pain as a pre-raid BiS standard Justicar. I mean, I have zero worries about dying 'cause the health bar never so much as flinches...but again...it just takes too long to actually kill something.

But past 50, DPS builds are pretty much the only way to go in terms of open world grinding and I'm definitely a fan of the Shaman/Druid/Inquisitor build over at Rift Scene. That thing hits hard at range but it hits muuuuuuch harder upfront and it's a heal-as-you-hit deal, too. Runs right through just about anything that the Dendrome will throw at you with little to no effort on your behalf. And this is even before truly getting into the mechanics involved to play the role to its maximum potential because I just spam the DoT abilities and fill in with melee or ranged attacks unless I happen to need to refresh the timers for the DoTs, which is rarely the case.

Shadowlander

I get that, however I am looking for a guide or a build going in the sense of a melee, viable build.

The Shaman Justicar seems interesting, however I have no idea how to build it lol

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Khelden View Post
    Shaman + Justicar seems more suited to me as they are both melee, however I can't find a guide on this build for 2.3 patch, do you have any ?
    Duracel builds are no longer a viable option for Clerics, you can still put one together but they just don't work as nicely as they used to and have too many limitations in terms of sacrificing either survivability or dps to get better at the other, which makes for a very unfriendly soul combination.

Druid builds are perfect solo material, given you have access to a very good tank (your Satyr) and even though I personally find it very clunky, there is no doubting it's effectiveness. Wild Strike is a spammable AoE and when coupled with Spirit of Upheavel at later levels can produce some nice AoE farming, even if not quite as good as some other classes. It is more a melee friendly spec than a ranged one so I would give it a try. Here is an example build for you at lvl 50:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j.../DkBa8Elk58/p8

I've taken 5 points in Sentinel, mainly for the spell power boost (which then transfer to your dmg and pet dmg) but you also get a nice instant heal as well as an endurance boost. The points in Shaman net you increased dmg and endurance as well as giving you Ride the Lightning, which I personally just prefer over Fae Step for getting to the enemy. I'm not saying this is perfect, just what I prefer...have a play around and see what you feel more comfortable with.

+ Reply to Thread