+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I really hate my Cleric, don't they have decent durable rabged solo build.

Shadowlander

Default I really hate my Cleric, don't they have decent durable rabged solo build.

Been 60 for a week now, and I jsut can't get into my Cleric, which is annoying because it's a female High Elf and the animations are beautiful, and I really want to play her, but I don't find any spec enjoyable so far.

I levelled to 30 a weird Energizer rip off, and from 30-40 as A few crappy Defiler based things, and 40-60 as Druid/justicar/sham. The latter build is very effective but I find it incredibly boring and hate pet classes. I don't want Shaman as I want a Ranged build. I VERY BRIEFLY tried Ahvo's inquis build but it seemed squishyier than I liked.

Im looking for a RANGED Cleric build for purely solo play, so surviveability and decent AoE. I dont care if it' s weird or crap for dungeons, just some ranged build that's not made of glass, please.

Rift Chaser

What exactly is the point of a solo ranged spec with no pet? The mobs will just run at you and then you aren't really ranged anymore. A defiler spec is probably closest to what you are looking for. Most people will tell you to use a defiler/cab hybrid but I don't think its a very good build. I usually use 61 shaman when im soloing, but when I need to do the achyati crater dalies which require killing elites I use 61 defiler. I just use my standard raid defiler spec which is 61 defiler / 12 inq / 3 sent.

Just put your beacon down, gather a bunch of mobs with vex, then apply marrow harvest, siphon vitality, and bond of pain to one of them and spread the dots with unholy nexus. If your beacon is getting owned u can cast unstable transformation on it to make in invincible for 10 seconds.
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 09-11-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Shadowlander

Well spell castery, not melee.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Merillion View Post
    Well spell castery, not melee.
    Defiler is a spell caster that stands in melee because pain transmission deals damage to targets around you and anyone that has one of your links (including your beacon).

Soulwalker

61 inq 13 def 2 puri is what I've always used for solo. The ranged dps is almost on par with max ST, the AoE is pretty good, and the survivability is solid. You have puri shield + sign of wrath, and loathsome restoration as st heals if needed . As a green/blue geared 60, I had no problem with multiple elites, and even doing many group quests on my own. Shaman could be substituted for inq, but the you lose your ranged and kiting capability. There are multiple solutions, but you can't beat full inq for Max ranged dps.
    Last edited by Bonemend; 09-12-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Soulwalker

i use 61 inq/2 justicar/rest on puri for flame ward.works perfect so far.

Telaran

Honestly the best solo build is is purifier/cabalist. Wear a shield, cast your symbol of the sun on your self, cast tyranny of death on a mob in the middle of the camp, blow em up and when they all gather on you, just lay down 3 firewalls. No faster way to kill mobs.

Telaran

Depends on your definition of durable really.

61 Inq / 6 Purifier / 9 Defiler is what I use if I want to farm something. It's based on 3 dots that have a heal attached, Vex, Scourge and Siphon Vitality. Siphon vitality will proc Sign of Wrath from Purifier, so a bit extra damage to the enemy each time you're hit, along with Shroud of Agony.

Extra points pick up Caregiver's blessing and Loathsome restoration, but it's not often you need to go to that.

Soulwalker

I know you said you hate pet classes, but, I've been having a grand time with:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#E...kygyxlkl8/n8iS

Bring out the fae seer pet, with spirit of upheaval. For ranged DPS, apply Thorns of Ire, Eruption of Life, Sanction Heretic, Vex, Curse of Discord, and Dark Water x3. Cackle maniacally. If the mob comes over to you, hit it in the face with Resounding Blow, Combined Effort, then Essence Strike, as well as keeping up your dots. If the mob doesn't come over to you, continue cackling maniacally while maintaining dots.

If the mob has buddies, use Fae Dispersion, Curse of Solitude, Tyranny of Death, and Bound Fate. If you put vex on all of the mobs, you also get the extra healing. Then either do single target until he dies and blows up Tyranny of Death, or spam your Bound Fate.

With this setup, you will do passable ranged DPS to a single target, epic ranged DPS during invasions, and be moderately survivable without relying on a pet to tank.

If you wanted a little more "oomph" from your 61 defiler for rounding up the mobs and burning them with AoEs, what are the thoughts on going 12cab/3inq? Upon further thought (especially now that I have the 4 set Qii's bonus), I can't think of a reason why I'd want to use cabi-filer instead.

Prophet of Telara

at max lvl with gear 41defiler/35 cab variants are sup to any druid builds and clear mobs in no time.

Defiler does not have to be in melee range lol can cast pain tran from far away as long as the mobs are focused on your beacon of despair.

tons of defiler builds hybrids and full 61 specs are perfect for soloing don't know what op is talking about, I don't see how folks die as a defiler some of the best soloing tools and survivability I mean it's a healing and dps soul in 1, defiler gets full 1% dps per point in it so it's ST dps is strong as well.

Only reason people prefer druid builds is because they are better for people under geared and can the spec is pretty tanky in crap gear and pet tank.

once your max lvl in decent gear other specs are way better then Druid and tons of ranged solo builds.

Even defiler is viable when lvling. Beacon of despair takes all the dmg and aggor for you as well and with talented when you dmg foul growth is applied to the beacon giving it heals as well, can take a number of mobs and dot them all down quickly or cab aoes.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 09-13-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Telaran

ur likely to feel this way on alot of callings if ur only looking to play specific souls in a calling Rift is a game where u take on 9 classes in the form of 1 character.... as times change different souls will reach the Competitive tier in Solo/Group And Raid DPSers, this month might be INQ next could be Shaman... then it could be Druid then it could be Shaman then INQ again...

you wont be able to be a Permanant ranged person in any content, as these buffs/nerfs/FoTM disable it.. u cant be just one thing in in rift.. you need a calling u can be versitile with not just focus on one soul..

not even MAGES use a ranged specc to solo 90% of the time.. as Harbinger is their strongest soloing soul... and Harbinger n Necrobinger can do more Raid DPS then their ranged alternatives. but its the best method to run if u want purely to be ranged.

INQ atm is very strong in group/raid and pvp content.. but it isnt always going to remain that way and u potientally could drop down the totem pole if u persist to stick to one thing and only one thing. We mostly only hold 1 Ranged DPS Specc... as Cab would only be used in AoE times, other then this we has 2 Melee Speccs 1 Tank and 5 Healing Speccs...

your best bet is.. to chew through it with Druid or Shaman... or atempt the defiler build, INQ will only slow the levelling process down witohut a friend to constantly run these Dailies/Events/Wardstone protection dailies with.... it'll get you through it the fastest

The issue with Clerics atm.. is you really couldnt stick to one form of DPS, as we are majoritly a healing Calling the majority of our souls are based on healing only leaving us with 4 pure DPS Souls INQ Cabalist Shaman and Druid... 1 is AoE only.. so this leaves u with 3 Souls which can Primiarly used most of the time... and 2 of those are Melee, i think ur going to really struggle trying to stick at Permanantly ranged with a Limited soul in what they can do DPS Wise.

your Best bets are Rogue or Mage as Mages atleast have more open to them.. and pyromancer n necromancer solo souls are quite good and with 5 of 9 souls being Pure Ranged DPS Followed by 2 Ranged Supports 1 Ranged DPS/Heal Healer and 1 Melee Styled Mage your most likely going to have a ranged soul available to you.
    Last edited by Ethinu; 09-13-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ethinu View Post
    ur likely to feel this way on alot of callings if ur only looking to play specific souls in a calling Rift is a game where u take on 9 classes in the form of 1 character.... as times change different souls will reach the Competitive tier in Solo/Group And Raid DPSers, this month might be INQ next could be Shaman... then it could be Druid then it could be Shaman then INQ again...

you wont be able to be a Permanant ranged person in any content, as these buffs/nerfs/FoTM disable it.. u cant be just one thing in in rift.. you need a calling u can be versitile with not just focus on one soul..

not even MAGES use a ranged specc to solo 90% of the time.. as Harbinger is their strongest soloing soul... and Harbinger n Necrobinger can do more Raid DPS then their ranged alternatives. but its the best method to run if u want purely to be ranged.

INQ atm is very strong in group/raid and pvp content.. but it isnt always going to remain that way and u potientally could drop down the totem pole if u persist to stick to one thing and only one thing. We mostly only hold 1 Ranged DPS Specc... as Cab would only be used in AoE times, other then this we has 2 Melee Speccs 1 Tank and 5 Healing Speccs...

your best bet is.. to chew through it with Druid or Shaman... or atempt the defiler build, INQ will only slow the levelling process down witohut a friend to constantly run these Dailies/Events/Wardstone protection dailies with.... it'll get you through it the fastest

The issue with Clerics atm.. is you really couldnt stick to one form of DPS, as we are majoritly a healing Calling the majority of our souls are based on healing only leaving us with 4 pure DPS Souls INQ Cabalist Shaman and Druid... 1 is AoE only.. so this leaves u with 3 Souls which can Primiarly used most of the time... and 2 of those are Melee, i think ur going to really struggle trying to stick at Permanantly ranged with a Limited soul in what they can do DPS Wise.

your Best bets are Rogue or Mage as Mages atleast have more open to them.. and pyromancer n necromancer solo souls are quite good and with 5 of 9 souls being Pure Ranged DPS Followed by 2 Ranged Supports 1 Ranged DPS/Heal Healer and 1 Melee Styled Mage your most likely going to have a ranged soul available to you.

Everything this person said is 100% false and not true lol.............like yeah.

PVE wise and SOLO wise there are TONS of different strong viable specs both melee and ranged.

Druid provides undergeared folk a easy time is the only reason its popular its easy to play and people copy past the guides on the forums.

Plenty of defiler based builds like already stated a million times. Iniq is fine solo at max lvl with gear, ect ect.

It's based on the player behind the screen how well they can learn and play the game instead of being bad and just copy pasting macros and expect to be good.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 09-13-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Everything this person said is 100% false and not true lol.............like yeah.

PVE wise and SOLO wise there are TONS of different strong viable specs both melee and ranged.

Druid provides undergeared folk a easy time is the only reason its popular its easy to play and people copy past the guides on the forums.

Plenty of defiler based builds like already stated a million times. Iniq is fine solo at max lvl with gear, ect ect.

It's based on the player behind the screen how well they can learn and play the game instead of being bad and just copy pasting macros and expect to be good.
    Excuse me? Lol.. i at no length said "inq cannot solo" i said its slower compared to taking a proper Soloing soul... if u wish to take Inquisitor... and go solo with it go ahead, but it is slower then druid... With druid u pull 5 mobs a AoE em all dead withoutt taking much dmg at all.... Inquisitor ur going to kill 1 at a time.... I at no point said its unviable to solo with inquisitor...

I established that In 2 patchs time... Inquisitor will possibly be nerfed into the floor.... look at warriors 1 Ranged spec. and its the worest ranged DPS Atm.. they'll do it to clerics where its the other way around.. and when she comes back ad says "just raided up a Cleric.. cant be Inq WTF" she'll reliese.. im actually 100% TRUE... lol..

this Game is going to make u change specc.. ur using the only ST Ranged dps we have as a cleric.. and Yes its going to be slower.. its like soloing with pyromancer compared to a harbinger... its possible yes.. but more downtime and more capability... and btw if u took a moment to read what she said she doesnt want to be a defiler....

btw theres no "learning curve" to soloing... Dailies... Just saying.. thats 100% Wrong and we all know it... Soloing is a case of AoE farm... if u cant AoE farm ur going to clear these things slower... no one macros for soloing... and most just spam a few keys with self heals.... It depends on the fact if u wanna do this the fastest and the easiest way.. or take a hour or two longer to finish ur dailies.. and have actual downtime...

Druids Shamans and Justicars are all amazing solo speccs.. why u'd take a Caster to solo is beyond me.. and why u'd say Its competitive compared to AoE speccs.. also if u learn to read she asked for AOE Damage... Which Inqs have none of?... so on every count u just didnt read what the OP Wanted.
    Last edited by Ethinu; 09-13-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Telaran

clear answer = Yes Inquisitors can solo its Single target damage you'll kill One at a time No it isnt going to be the fastest clear time yes u'll have longer downtime then other clerics using our Farming souls...

If u look on most peoples guides for soloing even without macros melee Souls are ALWAYS favored for soloing because melee souls are built to take more damage, they'll have more Survivability cause they're made to take damage, casters can solo but it wont be competitive..

get tier 2 gear full out.. and then get a druid of equal gear and Measure the clear times u'll take to clear out 30 dailies if u really want some prove behind this... a druid has self healing pet + Self heals from justicar + More survivability.. u can pull 5-6-7 mobs and clear them spamming 1 button... Soloing is ment to be easymode. People say "undergeared".. but what GEARED person is DOING DFAILIES?!... we're doing them for tier 3 Infinity set... and We're doing them for Our Rep!... not because we've already done it!...

you've stated u arnt geared.. and u need the gear these require... dont listen to people telling u "if ur geared u can solo" cause when ur geared to the lengths these people are talking about you'll no longer be doing dailies.. u'll of finished them...

People are always going to state its "perfectly fine" even if it slower.. but truthfully... A druid or shaman will clear mobs faster then a Inquisitor does.. and u're going to take alot longer to finish the content they're finishing.. the faster u do ur dailies the faster u can seek other methods to grind rep I.,E I.As..

once ur geared.. u can solo in anything.. because ur stats are way past the Norm for the zone.. but pre this... ur going to need to use druid if ur wanting a good clear time... if u dont care so much use inquisitor. and for the man above who called me false.... being OVERGEARED for a zone to solo DOESNT MAKE U A VIABLE SOLOER... thats like me taking a unviable soul into pvp and killing merc geared people with a warlord set and say its a viable pvp build.. Its called overgearing for something and if u need to be overgeared it isnt a good solo soul... ur just determined to use it.. once geared Shamans will out solo a Inquisitor with its eyes closed.. so stop telling Lies.. and face the hard facts.
    Last edited by Ethinu; 09-13-2013 at 03:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast