+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Purifier and Experts?

Soulwalker

Default Purifier and Experts?

Always healed experts as 61 sentinel.
    Never a problem.
    Guild asks me to respec puri for tank healing in raids.
    Do it and try in an expert.

And it was lame as hell. Sure, tank was always at 100% HP, but party healing is just horrible. Aside from Flame of Life, I have almost nothing else to help me with that.

What am I doing wrong?

P.S: On a side note, I have a weird bug happening: sometimes, Ward of Flame recasts by itself even if I didn't re-click it. Anybody else happened to get this?

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by Liryel; 09-07-2013 at 06:33 PM.

First up, make sure you've got both Symbol of the Sun and Symbol of the Torch on your bar. Each of these can be applied to up to three different targets, so in a 5-man situation you're typically looking at 3x SotS and 2x SotT if you want to pre-shield everyone.

My second suggestion is not to use 61 Purifier for dungeon healing. If you're limited on role slots this may not be an option, but I personally recommend trading some Purifier points out in order to pick up Enraptured Breath from Sentinel. I run with a 48 Purifier/28 Sentinel spec which nets Healer's Covenant, Enraptured Breath and Marked by the Light. You could also opt for 51 Purifier/25 Sentinel if you wanted Spiritual Conflagration, but I don't find tank healing to be a problem at all without it (then again I'm overgeared as heck for experts). With this playstyle I keep a symbol shield on the party member with the lowest health, and using Healing Breath to heal up damage on everyone else (excluding the tank).

One last tip: Flashover + Gathering of Flames if you ever fall behind on party healing (like if you get cocooned by Avoxcia in Unhallowed Boneforge).
    Spence <Legit>

Shadowlander

Puri is a good spec for experts, you almost never have to heal someone else than the tank, just keep the shields up.

One last tip: Flashover + Gathering of Flames if you ever fall behind on party healing (like if you get cocooned by Avoxcia in Unhallowed Boneforge).
    Don't forget Fiery Will \o/
    http://imgur.com/VaPc0Uv

Sentinel is better if you starting with experts, which shines with the many cooldowns.

P.S: On a side note, I have a weird bug happening: sometimes, Ward of Flame recasts by itself even if I didn't re-click it. Anybody else happened to get this?
    Check the ability queue in your interface settings, its under the action bars category

Oh and keep Latent Blaze on the tank up, you can do some group healing and let the tank drop down to force a proc and reapply it asap
    Last edited by Antora; 09-07-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Rift Chaser

54 puri / 22 sent is better for healing 5 mans because it has the aoe healing breath. Fiery will and Flames of life aren't necessary for any fight in a 5 man and the aoe healing breath gives you much more consistent group healing.

Soulwalker

Thanks everyone for the useful tips!

+ Reply to Thread