+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Influenza255

Thread: Purifier Ward of Flame issue

Soulwalker

Default Purifier Ward of Flame issue

Hello there,

I have been using a 54 puri 17 sent 5 inq spec for ST dungeon healing.

At lvl 57, I was at 54 - 14 - 5. Each WoFl tick was healing around 3.5-4k (6k crits), and it was pretty much required to keep people alive in Archive of Flesh or Golem Foundry.

I just reached 58, and my WoFl reached rank 10. And suddenly, my healing dropped to 1.2k/tick. Which is pretty terrible....

I have absolutely no idea what happened from rank 9 to rank 10, but for sure, there's something weird behind it.

If anyone else encountered the same issue, please let me know. If it's actually intended & not a bug, well, let's say I'm a bit disappointed....

Thanks

Earlier Ranks of Ward of Flame were healing for all 3s of the channel's value every tick, it was a bug causing it to do triple healing. Kervik has a fix for the issue that will be going Live soon for lower ranks of the ability.

In short, what you are seeing is the intended healing amount, you were experiencing a bug.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 09-07-2013 at 04:23 AM.
    Nope.

Soulwalker

Thanks for this fast answer.

Does this mean the purifier is absolutely useless ? I was parsing similar values with sentinel (pre 58), but now I know I was actually playing with a bugged spell, I can't seem to find any utility in that spec.

AoE healing is far behind, and single target too. Not talking about horrible damage... Maybe I'm actually not considering raid & higher lvl stuff, though, I think it's pretty sad to have a tree starting to work out only at lvl 60 with raid content....

Looking at what other people are saying, I feel like I'm missing something about purifier.
    If you could enlighten me

Soulwalker

yup, ive just experienced the same. so... purifier is useless after lvl 58 ? cool, thanks trion worlds

Purifier is by far the superior single target healing option, but it does lack AoE healing. Sentinel is usually the preferred dungeon healing spec, Purifier more-so for PvP or raids where there are other healers to pump out the AoE heals.
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

Purifier is totally fine, as Primalthirst said, its superior at Tank-Healing.
    It outshines at the moment you have a undergeared or badly played tank who needs a tons of heal.

If you only want to have one Healing-Spec go for Sentinel, its our well-balanced single-target/aoe-heal soul. Dealing with AoE-Dmg is more complex with Purifier than with Sentinel, but knowing the fight makes it easier.

Since Trion did the big changes to Pruifier, sometimes i feel like Son Goku charging his Super-Kame-Hame-HA
    Symbol of the Sun on the Tank (20% more Heal for 20sec + about 12k shield) -> "Super-"
    Ward of Flame -> "Kame-"
    Ward of Flame -> "Hame-"
    Instant Ward of Fire -> "HA!"

I do also like the "Trash-DPS" of Purifier, im not Raid-Geared but i'm doing about 4-7k Trash-DPS while healing with my gtae Fire Wall macro.

Soulwalker

"I do also like the "Trash-DPS" of Purifier, im not Raid-Geared but i'm doing about 4-7k Trash-DPS while healing with my gtae Fire Wall macro."

> Herm, in pre-60 dungeons, you don't really have time to put fire walls, the only damage you deal is pretty much what you get from Eruption, and its significantly lower than the one you get from Sentinel Wrathful Exuberance. That was my point.

"It outshines at the moment you have a undergeared or badly played tank who needs a tons of heal."

> That's a possibility, but i still parse higher values with sentinel :s To be honest, when i see Tzul hitting 10k crits on the 28k hp tank, and i heal 1200 per tick of channel for 3secs (+ some shielding. I think that totals for around 7-8k per channel), i feel like something is wrong. On the other hand, with 3 seconds on sentinel, i could cast 2 crucial invocations, which would heal for around 13-14k.

Also, the mana regen of the reverent supplication is so much better than the soul brand one...

So maybe purifier starts being viable at 60, but right now, it isn't. Or i have a bad rotation or idk... (although i also do the SotS, WoFl, WoFl, WoFi).

Anyway, I will try to see if any cleric uses that spec at my lvl and look at how theyre doing.

Thanks for all the answers

Rift Disciple

hmmmm ... This sounds to me that there are some big differences between the last levels.

My WoFl heals about 2.4k (up to 3.5k crit) with a shield about 1.7k and the blessing-shield about 1.1k. So together i heal/shield abou 5k per tick ... Not to mention the 12k SoS and the 8k (up to 10k crit) WoFi with its 6k to 7k shield.

But i must confess, that i dont know the exact numbers. What i remember is, that my parses with purifier always seem low as my Riftmeter doesnt want to count shields to healing, but it takes the overhealing i'm producing with sentinel on the DPS guys ... So as far as i remember i'm doing between 2.5k and 4.5k hps with sentinel and about 1.4k to 2.8k hps with purifier, but since my riftmeter doesnt want to count shielding as healing i would add about 1k hps or even more for the shields.

In fact i do have much less stress with purifier Holding a bad geared/played tank alive then with Sentinel.

Keep also in mind the 54 point purifier ability Sign of Faith which is reducing the damage taken by the tank permanently for 7% ... So as purifier you could heal 7% less and still be equal to Sentinel.

Soulwalker

Thanks a lot, feeling confident about the close future

"So as purifier you could heal 7% less and still be equal to Sentinel."
    > That's pretty much what i had in head when i stopped at 54 puri, this seems absolutely awesome

In fact i do have much less stress with purifier Holding a bad geared/played tank alive then with Sentinel.
    > Due to the excessive number of single target cooldowns with Sentinel, i can handle a low geared tank (as opposite to my puri, which cds are higher), but yeah, i'm in stress with sentinel

Rift Chaser

The reason you parse higher HPS with sentinal is because the majority of healing done with purifier is through your shields, which aren't recorded by most HPS meters. Purifier is the best spec for sustain single target healing, but not necessarily the best for healing 5 man dungeons.

You can use Super meter to see the HPS effect of consumed absorb shields for comparison (requires your target is actually getting damaged of course). However there are many factors which make it not directly comparable such as the 7% mitigation from Sign of Faith, and the fact that comparing HPS rarely is useful information unless you know exactly what you are trying to compare.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 09-10-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Telaran

The worst thing you can do as a healer is to rely on healyin meters. That's what I always taught as the healing leader in other raiding games, its about how well you do with your assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
    To be honest, when i see Tzul hitting 10k crits on the 28k hp tank, and i heal 1200 per tick of channel for 3secs (+ some shielding. I think that totals for around 7-8k per channel), i feel like something is wrong.
    Yep... something is wrong... your tank should be pulling Tzul back far enough that he is still being hit by the bone shards, while the tank is NOT being hit by it. Bone shards stack a +50% incoming damage debuff on players... which will make Tzul pretty damn mean when your tank has 4+ stacks of it, taking +200% damage.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Rift Disciple

The way to be "pro" with a full purifier build in 5 mans is to know the encounters, know when you are going to need to pop the AoE shield, pre-shield party, if possible, before known AoE (you can SoS/SoF everyone in the party 2xSoS/3xSoF) when you will need to Rite of the Forge (may have the name wrong, but the CD shield over time) the tank to give you the time to Healing Flare that DPS before going back to the tank.

I love my purifier for healing in 5-mans, since I can legitimately not feel bad when derping DPS fail mechanics and die because I had to keep the tank up, it forces them to learn the mechanics. Did a Golem Foundry at lvl 58 with a min lvl tank the other night, low HP tank fell because I was trying to do too much to keep derpers with full green bars, battle res tank while boss kills DPS then tank and I proceed to down boss. It took a while, but it happened. Surprising how much more responsive the DPS was in subsequent fights to mechanics....

Healer's job is to keep the tank alive so that DPS can do damage, it is the job of DPS to apply maximum damage while avoiding mechanics so that the healer can focus on the tank. Truly unavoidable damage can be healed throughout the fight (2xWoFl on tank, WoFi on low HP DPS, swap back to tank), but players that refuse to adjust to mechanics are not worth the GCD as they will eventually get you so far behind on the tank that the group wipes.

+ Reply to Thread