+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amazing trick I found with Cabalist.

Soulwalker

Default Amazing trick I found with Cabalist.

So, we all love the feeling of spreading ToD on a bunch of mobs and watching them explode. I know I do, it's what got me hooked on clerics to begin wtih. I think Defiler/Cab hybrid builds are the most fun solo PvE builds in the game.

I found this trick out recently that's proving to be incredibly useful. Many of you probably know this trick already but I thought I'd share it.

So you know how you spread Tyranny of Death using Bound fate? Well Bound fate's AoE damage isn't instant. It spreads in a chain like fashion from monster monster. When you see ToD ticking down to 0. If you bound fate the mob maybe with 0.3-5 seconds left before ToD detonates, it will detonate and spread Tyranny of Death to all the mobs again at the same time because there's a little bit of a delay between each monster Bound Fate hits per cast.

Meaning you don't have to use two GCDs applying ToD and spreading it. So on large packs of mobs that don't get instantly ko-ed, this is a ridiculously fast way of melting them. Sometimes I can even get an amazing chain reaction going where all I have to do is bound fate 3 times for 3 giant separate explosions depending on whether the monsters die at the right moment.

So yeah... this is a neat trick I found with Cabalist, I hope some of you find it useful. To recap how to do the trick:

Use Bound Fate on a mob that's about to detonate, maybe with 0.3-0.5 seconds left on the ToD timer. It should spread ToD again without even having to reapply it, saving GCDs and boosting your dps.
    Last edited by Gone; 09-07-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    So, we all love the feeling of spreading ToD on a bunch of mobs and watching them explode. I know I do, it's what got me hooked on clerics to begin wtih. I think Defiler/Cab hybrid builds are the most fun solo PvE builds in the game.

I found this trick out recently that's proving to be incredibly useful. Many of you probably know this trick already but I thought I'd share it.

So you know how you spread Tyranny of Death using Bound fate? Well Bound fate's AoE damage isn't instant. It spreads in a chain like fashion from monster monster. When you see ToD ticking down to 0. If you bound fate the mob maybe with 0.3-5 seconds left before ToD detonates, it will detonate and spread Tyranny of Death to all the mobs again at the same time because there's a little bit of a delay between each monster Bound Fate hits per cast.

Meaning you don't have to use two GCDs applying ToD and spreading it. So on large packs of mobs that don't get instantly ko-ed, this is a ridiculously fast way of melting them. Sometimes I can even get an amazing chain reaction going where all I have to do is bound fate 3 times for 3 giant separate explosions depending on whether the monsters die at the right moment.

So yeah... this is a neat trick I found with Cabalist, I hope some of you find it useful. To recap how to do the trick:

Use Bound Fate on a mob that's about to detonate, maybe with 0.3-0.5 seconds left on the ToD timer. It should spread ToD again without even having to reapply it, saving GCDs and boosting your dps.
    Hey, your post is right but your putting far too much effort into it.... macro ToD and BF into same macro. game wont let you recast ToD on same target and uses BF once ToD goes off macro uses it again.

I'm pretty sure a recent patch has changed the behavior of this, since it was unintentionally happening when I was in Cabalist the other day and it has never happened before.

+ Reply to Thread