+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 138
Like Tree16Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIP Inq Crystal?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default RIP Inq Crystal?

    With the changes to warrior crystals its pretty safe to assume they are going to nerf other crystals aswell.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    I would hope so

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Yeah i would think so since overload is pretty much a I-WIN button against rogues with the synergy crystal bonus.

    RIP Overload, you will be missed !
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

  4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Hey all,

    Yes, there are some changes coming for the Inquisitor and Shaman crystals. The 2 piece bonus on the Inquisitor crystal is changing to "Causes Armor of Awakening to increase the Cleric's Spell Power by 100." The 4 piece bonus is changing to, "Increases the damage dealt by Scourge by 4000."

    The Shaman crystal 2 piece bonus is changing to, "increases the damage done with the damage over time portion of Lightning Hammer by 1500."

    These should be out on PTS for people to look at early next week.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    " The 4 piece bonus is changing to, "Increases the damage dealt by Scourge by 4000."
    Wait what?

  6. #6
    General of Telara Kriptini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    The 4 piece bonus is changing to, "Increases the damage dealt by Scourge by 4000."
    Sounds like a nerf. Could we get some insight?

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

    Yes, there are some changes coming for the Inquisitor and Shaman crystals. The 2 piece bonus on the Inquisitor crystal is changing to "Causes Armor of Awakening to increase the Cleric's Spell Power by 100." The 4 piece bonus is changing to, "Increases the damage dealt by Scourge by 4000."

    The Shaman crystal 2 piece bonus is changing to, "increases the damage done with the damage over time portion of Lightning Hammer by 1500."

    These should be out on PTS for people to look at early next week.
    emmm would be nice if warrior got a 4k effect on one of our crystals

  8. #8
    Ascendant Byona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

    Yes, there are some changes coming for the Inquisitor and Shaman crystals. The 2 piece bonus on the Inquisitor crystal is changing to "Causes Armor of Awakening to increase the Cleric's Spell Power by 100." The 4 piece bonus is changing to, "Increases the damage dealt by Scourge by 4000."

    The Shaman crystal 2 piece bonus is changing to, "increases the damage done with the damage over time portion of Lightning Hammer by 1500."

    These should be out on PTS for people to look at early next week.
    Whats going on? i assume the purpose is PvP. However why are you nerfing PvE too? why not use the same approach Warriors got, by keeping it the same as it currently is however only affects Inquisitor abilities?
    See you all in Wildstar!

  9. #9
    General of Telara Kriptini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    Whats going on? i assume the purpose is PvP. However why are you nerfing PvE too? why not use the same approach Warriors got, by keeping it the same as it currently is however only affects Inquisitor abilities?
    This is actually a buff to PvP, because now you can Scourge multiple enemies and get the bonus damage from that whereas the unchanged version is only better for ST.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Byona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    This is actually a buff to PvP, because now you can Scourge multiple enemies and get the bonus damage from that whereas the unchanged version is only better for ST.
    The purpose was to avoid +400 on things like Overload, Wrathful Flames and Mass Charged Shield etc. A simple change to make it only work on Inquisitor abilities like it was done to Warriors would have sufficed. There was no reason to nerf PvE for this.
    Last edited by Byona; 09-06-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    It seems to be an overall DPS buff with the 2pc increasing SP by 100, on scourge alone this is about a 2K damage boost and with the 4k damage boost to scourge itself this seems to make up for it, doing some quick math over all the current crystal is about 6k damage (assuming you let it do the full up time which you should). So unless my math is off this should be an overall DPS buff.

    (if my math is wrong please let me know)
    Last edited by Fireblast; 09-06-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    Kenneey
    4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE 2/4GA

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Are you guys sure that 4000 damage on scourge isn't a typo

  13. #13
    Ascendant Byona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post
    It seems to be an overall DPS buff with the 2pc increasing SP by 100, on scourge alone this is about a 2K damage boost and with the 4k damage boost to scourge itself this seems to make up for it, doing some quick math over all the current crystal is about 6k damage (assuming you let it do the full up time which you should). So unless my math is off this should be an overall DPS buff.

    (if my math is wrong please let me know)
    4k dmg on scourge which is used once per 15 seconds:

    4000/15 = 266.67 dmg boost

    400 dmg per damaging ability, with 1s gcd:

    15x400 = 6000

    Crystal was nerfed from 6000 boost within 15 seconds to 266.67, its not just a nerf, its a massive nerf. Heck, even if he made it +4k per tick of scourge it would still be a nerf compared to the current version.

    And please do not forget that the only purpose was to fix the PvP problem, and the proper fix is already there done to Warriors.
    See you all in Wildstar!

  14. #14
    Ascendant Byona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    4k dmg on scourge which is used once per 15 seconds:

    4000/15 = 266.67 dmg boost

    400 dmg per damaging ability, with 1s gcd:

    15x400 = 6000

    Crystal was nerfed from 6000 boost within 15 seconds to 266.67, its not just a nerf, its a massive nerf. Heck, even if he made it +4k per tick of scourge it would still be a nerf compared to the current version.

    And please do not forget that the only purpose was to fix the PvP problem, and the proper fix is already there done to Warriors.
    Sry its from 6000 boost to 4000 boost within 15s... Just compared per second boost to total 15s xD

    But still its a nerf that was not needed for PvE. The change should make it only work on Inquisitor abilities and keep it the way it is.
    Last edited by Byona; 09-06-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

  15. #15
    Ascendant Byona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexil View Post
    Are you guys sure that 4000 damage on scourge isn't a typo
    No theres similar to that on cabalist, why would it be a typo? its 4k within 15s so its actually 400 per tick.

    Could this be the reason u made it 4k Kervik? as in 400 per tick will compensate for 400 per dmg ability? if so, you did not take into account that the gcd is 1s and the dot is 1.5s per tick. Also, this change makes cleansing more punishing to Inquisitor on PvP.

    But if you're determined to do it this way it should be 6k to keep it the same DPS in PvE (400 per second). But i still dont recommend this because of cleansing as mentioned above.
    Last edited by Byona; 09-06-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts